Summer 2018 Transfers | Page 28 | Vital Football

Summer 2018 Transfers

I like Marshall as a player. Millwall mates said he was good but attitude wasn't the best. Hearing that makes me wonder if DF knows that?

Seems like we want Newcastle 5th choice woodman. We do need another gm but Matthews needs to be given a go and the new chap will have to be backup. A loan of another clubs gk will probably mean that the club will expect him to play and not be backup.

I see the Cameron John rumours are back. He is a u23 wolves defender. Out of contract next summer. He can at at left back and if needed central. Another for the u23 squad but that will mean he'll not join as he wabtvto play 1st team football.

Just like Man Us keeper Henderson who we were linked with John may well decide on a more ambitious club like Sheff Utd

You'd hope we can beat Millwall to players. As I said on the front page. A good championship player (as was Watkins) I just hope Marshall isn't wasted. He will also be seen as a backup RB. The guy came in to Millwall on loan and really made a difference. Good that the scouts have noticed that. Interesting that the reporter says we have three active transfer offers on british players.

Godfrey not for sale say the club. I still think they would sell if a bigger offer came in. I also still think Thompson will be loaned out until january and the club will asses then.

Diallang Jaiyesimi has gone to Yeovil on loan for the season. DF/Webber have high hopes for him as they signed him up to a long deal. This is his step before being assessed if he is good enough for the 1st team. All the best young man and I hope it is a better loan than the Grimsby one. Go score lots of goals come back and do it for the 1st tream...unless the club decide to sell you.

Tuckster.
Do you know when players report back to training.
Ideally all new players should have been signed by that date.
As of today with 2 weeks to go until first friendly we will be
Gunn, Reed, Murphy, Maddison, Leitner , Watkins and Wes
short of last year. That is at least 4 starters.
As far as I am aware McLean comes into squad although already signed in last window and Buendia arrived this month.
With Martin, Naismith and McGovern not in plans and Jarvis always injured that leaves a squad of 21 from last years.

DG it is normally a 5 week break (exception for world cup players) so they will normally be back the 1st Monday of July.

Also the window is short this season so need to get those players in and bedded into the squad and the system.

Tucks/everyone are we saying that the target for DF will be 4 new players? - DF wants 1 GK / 1 Forward / 1 winger / 1 Central Midfielder?

I guess it depends if Oli leaves and others like Raggett/Franke.

Well we are 4 regular staters short already (Gunn, Reed , Josh and Madders ) .......better get a a move on Webber and Farke

If the scenaio of one of the big boys has to be transferred first so the rest of the dominoes will fall at the last minute then nowts gonna happen till after the WCF, and in the meantime, who's really watching the transfers page with so many international games occurring every day?.

Reed to be replaced by Godfrey - Gunn by Matthews - Murphy by Buendía and Maddison by Cantwell. No new players needed ;).

We need 2 forwards. Still no forward in yet but hopefully that will be done soon.

Do we have scouts at the world cup?