World Cup 2018 Fred sponsored by Unfounded Optimism followed by Abject Disappointment | Page 17 | Vital Football

World Cup 2018 Fred sponsored by Unfounded Optimism followed by Abject Disappointment

Poland v Senegal pretty dull but the own goal was quite amusing, particularly the Polish defender trying to grab at the Senegal player and falling over.

Belgium are definately beatable, just not by us! I thought we played well in spells, but let's face it, it was against one of the worst sides in the tournament. Belgium thumped a comparable side and didn't get out of third gear.
Young should be nowhere near the side, can't think for the life of me why he started.
We play three at the back, utilising wing backs, yet have the most expensive wing back in the world playing at centre back? Ridiculous for me.
Henderson - shite. I may be a tad biased due to the Liverpool connection, but surely Dier is far better.

Belgium are definately beatable, just not by us! I thought we played well in spells, but let's face it, it was against one of the worst sides in the tournament. Belgium thumped a comparable side and didn't get out of third gear.
Young should be nowhere near the side, can't think for the life of me why he started.
We play three at the back, utilising wing backs, yet have the most expensive wing back in the world playing at centre back? Ridiculous for me.
Henderson - shite. I may be a tad biased due to the Liverpool connection, but surely Dier is far better.

Panama are hardly comparable, not in the rankings at any rate, yet Belgium didn't put them to the sword. Plus England played Tunisia, the best African side, plus the officials!!

The main thing is we got the win and played some good football at times.

I agree with you on Young. Rose, a natural left footer, should play. I'd also play Rashford instead of the totally ineffective Sterling.

I've never really rated Henderson but, I have to say, he had a very good game yesterday.

Belgium won 3-0 without breaking a sweat. We struggled to beat Tunisia and looked laboured at times.

Don’t think Belgium are as good as their ranking suggests but they are better than us.

Thing is with Sterling, he's got to come good for England at some point surely?

He is excellent at club level, he can do it. No idea why not at international level but he hasn't looked like he belongs in the team in the big tournements. But you've kind of got to keep giving him the chance because of what he could do if he brought his normal form to the table.

I can imagine a very interesting final game where both teams are through and perhaps both have an eye on second place being the easier run

Panama are hardly comparable, not in the rankings at any rate, yet Belgium didn't put them to the sword. Plus England played Tunisia, the best African side, plus the officials!!

The main thing is we got the win and played some good football at times.

I agree with you on Young. Rose, a natural left footer, should play. I'd also play Rashford instead of the totally ineffective Sterling.

I've never really rated Henderson but, I have to say, he had a very good game yesterday.
I agree about Henderson (through gritted teeth) but I would play Vardy, works his bollocks off and scores goals.

I guess this is unpopular then, but I didn't think Young was that bad. Cool and calm but still had a bit of purpose about him. Necessary experience, if not explosive.

I like Rose too though.

I was a bit disappointed to see stones and maguire being the central defenders with licence to get forward when Walker is so fast and capable of putting in a telling cross. They did well though.

I think Stones in particular was very controlled going forwards and actually looked to have decent ability on the ball.

Walker can be a bit headless chicken - just bombing forward and hoping his team mates can keep up. It’s fine to do that on the wing but in the middle of the park you are going to run into trouble.

We are limited beyond belief it is like watch a Warbs team, admirable well meaning and at times excellent football to give you hope but we simply don't have the talent to exploit it, yes it will get us so far but quality will beat us and teams set up to frustrate will also get success

The likes of Stirling are just new versions of Young Lennon Walcott Ox Joe Cole and the other 50 so called world beaters we produce that last 2 years or conform to their limitations and forge careers like Young has done and Ox is doing

2-3 players of genuine quality that can dictate and orchestrate attacking moves slow the game when needed and speed it up as required are completely lacking its not their fault, if they want to win the thing go long go ugly and pray its your tournament at least then we are playing to a small chance of causing an upset as is we will fizzle out just like always, couldn't tell the difference from this WC to the last 4

Well another dose of entertainment with iran-spain. Spain made hard work of it. Lots of tippy tappy but not a lot else. Check out an Iran throw in at the end. Dreary me.

Felt a bit sorry for Iran in the end

Before any of you ask it's halftime in the Oz v Denmark game and it's one all. Denmark look the better side, seem to be well organised but we're pretty good in defence, not so hot going forwards. And our goal came from a penalty again.
If I had to bet, it would be Denmark although they're never going to win the cup.
So far it's not the best game I've ever seen.

I'll take that remark back, just watched the best half I've seen in years. Flowing end to end football played at full tilt. Ended in a one all draw but very exciting. I think that will probably put Oz out of the running but not disgraced.

In the meantime I'll be supporting my second favourites

Argentina v Croatia is looking rather spicey. will we finish with 22 players on the pitch! Some good football though so far.