The 2018 World Cup | Page 19 | Vital Football

The 2018 World Cup

A good assessment Buzz.

I cannot beleive how Ashley Plunge has avoided criticism. The comparison with Tripper’s contribution was stark. Apart from the one cross (with his right foot) which Lingard fluffed he added the sum total of zero, constantly checking back inside onto his right foot and the two times he tried to go on the outside of the full back he fouled him.

An example of the bias exuded within the BBC from their correspondent Phil McNulty....

“Jesse Lingard is usually assured in front of goal and can still be relied on, but there is no escaping the brutal truth that Raheem Sterling's England goal record is wretched and must improve soon.”

Excuse me? I am unsure how McNulty can come to this conclusion given that Lingard was the one who missed three opportunities (4 if you count the one that hit the post) to score but DIDN’T. That does not strike me as very reliable.

I wouldn't want to be relying on someone that's scored just 1 in 13 international appearances and is yet to score in a competitive game.

Skoorb, "Excuse me? I am unsure how McNulty can come to this conclusion given that Lingard was the one who missed three opportunities (4 if you count the one that hit the post) to score but DIDN’T. That does not strike me as very reliable. "

one time I wish it had been young because he would have left a boot in and gone down and gained a penalty

I really don't see what Rashford did KCT? He brought an energy that any sub coming on with 20 minutes to go should bring but he just ran a bit and lost the ball, much the same as what Sterling did.

Well not all subs bring that dash of energy, often they just sort of melt into the overall morass. Sterling would have been far better off to the right of the attack although there would have been too much right sided traffic with that line up. A front three of Rashford, Kane and Sterling might be interesting although I'm not sure the midfield players we have would be up to the task. Would have been better had Sterling not missed that first half sitter eve if it was offside - but other players were guilty of bad misses too, Lingard's shot that hit the defender although he was unlucky with the effort that hit the post. Another time we'd have been out of sight by half time and all would be right with the world.

Just after the start of the second half, Russia score, I think it was an og, don’t know cos I’m a bit squiffy.
Russia 1 Egypt 0.

Lynne gard is a total tosser, much worse than sterling, thank God for 'Arry who was poor apart from his two goals.

Sorry, derekiction of duty
FT: Russia 3 Egypt 1
I thought the Russia team were said to be poor before this tournament started.
How strange they’ve turned into last tournament’s Germany practically overnight. Surely, could not be any, ahem, underhand stuff going on.

Sorry, derekiction of duty
FT: Russia 3 Egypt 1
I thought the Russia team were said to be poor before this tournament started.
How strange they’ve turned into last tournament’s Germany practically overnight. Surely, could not be any, ahem, underhand stuff going on.

Disinformation campaign (fake news) spread by the FSB.

I am sure the families of the officials are all safe and well......

I thought that he did ok but given that Tunisia only had 5 touches inside the England penalty area I suspect tougher tests are to come