The 2018 World Cup | Page 15 | Vital Football

The 2018 World Cup

^ it was a foul, no doubt about it for me.

Well, I thought so too and was a bit puzzled to hear Lee Dixon saying that he didn't think so. I mean if you did that anywhere else on the pitch competing for the ball it would be a foul or if the defender pushed the attacker it ought to be a penalty (unless you are Raheem Sterling when it is ok apparently).

You can hold someone away but you can't actually shove them I thought.

Reminded me of Aguero's 'nudge' on the Arsenal player in the build up to his goal in the League Cup Final, happy for both goals to stand.

I grew up loving Brasil for the way they played the game, the Brasil of Pele, Rivelino, Socrates and Eder. Now I hate them because for whatever reasons (too much European influence?) they aren't the Brasil of old. I'd be quite happy for them to be knocked out in the group stages.

Reminded me of Aguero's 'nudge' on the Arsenal player in the build up to his goal in the League Cup Final, happy for both goals to stand.

I grew up loving Brasil for the way they played the game, the Brasil of Pele, Rivelino, Socrates and Eder. Now I hate them because for whatever reasons (too much European influence?) they aren't the Brasil of old. I'd be quite happy for them to be knocked out in the group stages.

Yeah but Aguero didn’t place the palms of his hands on the defender's back so nowhere near as obvious for me.

Yeah but Aguero didn’t place the palms of his hands on the defender's back so nowhere near as obvious for me.

Of course it wasn't and how could it be, although a nudge is still a nudge and a rose is just a rose.

Can't believe Boyata is playing in a World Cup - bonkers! Him and Trippier from the same (or thereabouts) yoof team. We'll never know what greatness could have been achieved had we kept hold of them...

Schmeical, Trippier, Boateng, Boyata, Corluka, Gelson, Mooy, KI72, AK13...

If Cabalero could play up front we just need one more ex City player to make up a team.

Not sure how far they'd go...