Maddison | Page 4 | Vital Football

Maddison

Are we surprised I think I said about 2 months ago he will go to Leicester. Nearer his family and his other business venture. 24 million being rumoured but so is 22 million - both are good deals for us ---- and Delia.

If it's closer to the 25 mill than 20, then I suppose I'm happy with that. Lets face it, he was always going to be leaving anyway and it wouldn't have surprised me if we let him go for the usual 10-14 mill bid. 20+ was minimum it should have been and I'm glad we've appeared to have got it. Sorts us out financially and can then get on with the summer recruitment. OTBC

Yes appears for once we've actually managed to get good value for one of our hot commodities rather than selling for a pittance - a great shame to see him leave, but ultimately he is too good for the Championship and is destined for far greater heights than Norwich.

Hope he goes and tears up the Premier League. A top player and top lad.

I shall miss him . I went to all those boring dreadful home games and he was the one light in a very ordinary side , and we will be a poorer side than we already are without him .Yes , it’s a lot of money but I can’t feel happy about our best 2 players going who are also our two top scorers.
Our Owners and Board have clearly chosen the path of prudence , and not the path of seeking the investment we need to take us back to the Premier League . You need players of the quality of Josh and Madders and we have lost them ,and the end result of all this is a long stay in the League , or lower as a nothing club . rejoice ye not.

I wrote on another thread if his league goals were taken away we would have lost 16 points and finish 3 points above relegation.
We have also lost Murphy's goals so with cheap second rate replacements and loss of all those goals that is why I am concerned about relegation next season.

Maybe we will get better players in maybe Cantwell will be a revelation it is all maybes but right now we are a weaker side and have no spark in the side. Last season we were poor and had Maddison which set us apart and even Murphy to a less extent now both have gone what are we to expect bu a lower position and poorer season.

I hope that DF and Webber know what they are doing - have players lined up to replace these two.

They may know what they would like to do, as did Lambert and McNasty but the Smiffs will put a stop to it so they can take us to league 1 and hand over to a clueless civil servant.

So Maddison is all but a Leicester player. Passed Medical. How does a player with a bad injury pass a medical?

Eadie has said that Maddison is walking in his footsteps as he left 'a great club to join another great club'

What Eadie did was left a cLub that sunk into the wilderness until 2004, and that wilderness now faces us in 2018.Thank you very much Smiths and the Board

maybe the cabin boy should make a speech along the lines of
we will fight them on the beaches to rally the fans but more likely
to be we will always surrender.

In all honesty what the hell are we going to be like when Tom Smith is the owner - the guy isn't a millionaire and isn't even a really rich guy. I think he probably has the same amount of savings as I do. Will he be investing £500 for transfers? I really hope the plan is for him to sell and then get his inheritance that way.

If Maddison’s Instagram is a guide, then he’s rapidly on the road to recovery. Knee brace thing off and working hard in the gym. I think that those sort of injuries are just accepted, as long as they are healing well, medical wise.
An NCFC coach told Mrs T on a tour at Colney last December that if a club is close to the transfer deadline, don’t have time to complete a full medical and they are desperate then sometimes they won’t even do a medical, as long as the player doesn’t have a bad injury history.
N/A in this case, of course.

The Board and Owners have ripped the (already fragile) heart out of the team and it will be back to the days of the likes of Fotheringham and Pattison . I wish Madders all the best with his new team , but he leaves a poor one behind that isn’t even backed by ambition by the said Owners and Board . A very sad time indeed

More doom and gloom yet again than a Dads Army Script, lets just wait and see before we all do the lemming run and top ourselves....We have just pulled in 37m

The constant unending snipes towards the clubs owners is enough to make a Samaritan look for the rope and a strong beam!

He has got the wrong attitude and has been a disappointment. It’s either play your heart out for our club or move on