Yanic Wildschut | Vital Football

Yanic Wildschut

willjones89210

Vital Reserves Team
He is getting a lot of abuse for the mistake he made against Derby. It was a massive game cardiff who are now just one point ahead of Fulham each with 2 to play. Tried to bring a ball down in his own box, had the ball taken from him and derby scored to go up 2-1.

It was a bad mistake at the worst time, but I have to say for Yanic Wildschut to ever be in his own penalty area, especially from the run of play is a terrible tactic and that jackass Neil warnock deserves some blame for that.

Lad seems to have lost his way since he left us. Was revered at Wigan, playing regularly. Now his parent club don't want him and he barely gets minutes at his loan club. Was a poor error for the goal and will undoubtedly affect his confidence further, especially under that odious twat Warnock.

Yanic is a really likeable guy and had moments of magic for us but he is a limited player technically and hugely inconsistent. He is probably the quickest player outside of the Premier League but he skill level at the moment doesn't match his pace, hence why he has struggled at Boro, Norwich and Cardiff.

Many will forget but despite looking like a world beater in some matches he was also very poor in a number of games for us both in League 1 and Championship. If he works on the basics and his decision making then could still be a hell of a player!

He got offered a huge and frankly ludicrous wage at Norwich, the even Derby refused to match, and certainly nobody could blame him for leaving. The club also did well out of the deal for such a short period of ownership although not sure we will ever see all of the fully quoted figure.

As to whether we could get him back on loan I'm not sure but might be worth a look if we can get him on a good % of wages deal and show him some love to build his confidence back up.

As much as I rate him, I don’t think he’s Cook’s style of player. Doesn’t work hard enough at tracking back. Cook wants his attacking wide mids dropping deep to help the full backs when under pressure. Hence why he likes Massey and Jacobs.

Yanic is a really likeable guy and had moments of magic for us but he is a limited player technically and hugely inconsistent. He is probably the quickest player outside of the Premier League but he skill level at the moment doesn't match his pace, hence why he has struggled at Boro, Norwich and Cardiff.

corect.

and i think it were his pace during games that won him the plaudits. he culd pass wingmen and defenders before teams culd get there game plan back on track. this alowed us to advance up field dead fast and see more acteon in the top third.

Many will forget but despite looking like a world beater in some matches he was also very poor in a number of games for us both in League 1 and Championship. If he works on the basics and his decision making then could still be a hell of a player!

now this bit is intreseting cos ive sed it before and others have sed it before an all. in fact MiW highlites it in a post further up. have the menegers hes pleyed for realy seen his potenteal or known how to coach him properly into there team. we built him into are teem and it worked well. when he left he went into established formateons and bigger egos and some prob didnt like the new kid on the block.

and when you menteon he were poor for us in some games youve only got to look at who was maneging us back then an all. seems to be a pattern heer. now im not seying that cook is about to win world coach of the yeer but he does have a good man manegement skill that some others dont and that what were lacking before mite be brung out in him this time.

He got offered a huge and frankly ludicrous wage at Norwich, the even Derby refused to match, and certainly nobody could blame him for leaving. The club also did well out of the deal for such a short period of ownership although not sure we will ever see all of the fully quoted figure.

As to whether we could get him back on loan I'm not sure but might be worth a look if we can get him on a good % of wages deal and show him some love to build his confidence back up.

your rite abuot the money an all. he wuld of been daft to turn it down. anybody wuld of been. and we did well out of the deal an all.

i think the reel questeon heer is. if he were to come back is there a place for his type of tallent in cooks teem layout. does he fit.

Leighton Baines and Andreas Granqvist.

James McArthur has carried on being himself really, top player. James McCarthy was Evertons best player for his first 2 seasons but has been plagued with injury for 3 years.

Andy Delort and Adam Forshaw have done reasonably well and sold for big fees since.

As much as I rate him, I don’t think he’s Cook’s style of player. Doesn’t work hard enough at tracking back. Cook wants his attacking wide mids dropping deep to help the full backs when under pressure. Hence why he likes Massey and Jacobs.

This!
Plus, as much as we'd all like him back because we know what he can do, sometimes returns don't go well, I reckon Yanic's return would be just that.

I think Yanic would thrive if he came back here but i fully agree with the sentiment that he most likely wouldn't be a typical Paul Cook type player and if you look at the way we set up Yanic would have to change a fair bit to fit into Cooks demands for a winger. Unless Cook would want to add that different dimension to his squad.

I think he'd be a great loan for us and Cook would get him back to his old form if he had him, but I wouldn't at all be shocked if Cook will have other targets he'd prefer to spend the money on.

One interesting note would be when Cook first arrived there was an interview and I'm sure he said something along the lines that he was very happy to give a lot of responsibility to the recruitment team rather than completely dictating or micro manging the transfer policy himself. So if they were all here during his spell with us, they may be some encouragement from them to make Yanic a target.

Well, he is consistently successful.
Don't get me wrong, I detest what he stands for and I would not want my club to achieve success in the manner he advocates.

The thing with Warnock is that the levels of success he achieves would likely not be possible with the clubs he works for without playing his rough and ready style and i really appreciate how he so often get his sides punching above what many would believe their weight is.

It's certainly not posession football but that in itself can be really boring if played a certain way. I understand the perception is Warnocks style of play is always dour but his side is one of the top scorers and second in the league despite being one of the lower spending and less glamerous sides, so i can imagine that watching Cardiff this season has been quite exciting for their fans. No one would call his sides pretty but they play with great intensity and those strong battling performances can be just as pleasurable if they are bringing you 3 points and creating chances and scoring plenty of goals. If they aren't then that is a different story of course.

I've always thought Warnock doesn't get the credit he deserves. He's a substance over style manager but it is a results business and while some people may not personally agree i think most fans would prefer a team that wins more often playing more direct / long than a team that wins less playing more possesion based football.