Poch getting ready for the off? | Page 7 | Vital Football

Poch getting ready for the off?

But 2nd, 3rd, 4th doesn't really make a difference. Those games that I mentioned are the games that matter. To be a successful team those are the games you need to be winning. Mancs, gooners and chavs I doubt have gone more than 2 years without winning a trophy in the last 10 years. We are now at their level and can easily compete with them yet we are the only one out of the lot to have nothing to show for it.

I appreciate what you are saying.
Maybe I didn't make what I was trying to say clear Scott.
I am trying to say that we are NOT at the same stage of development as them yet , we are several years behind . And if we were to examine results of those clubs when they were at the same stage of development as we are now ,then you could write a similar list as yours above .
The amount of money being pumped into these clubs certainly softens the transition bumps and bruises. Sadly we do not access to this kind of investment, we have to earn ours first.
It's only this season that 2nd , 3rd , or 4 th hasn't made much of a difference in CL quailfication but it still does in bragging rights , bonus payments , wage negotiations etc to the players, income to the clubs , and pulling power for incoming player signings

I appreciate what you are saying.
Maybe I didn't make what I was trying to say clear Scott.
I am trying to say that we are NOT at the same stage of development as them yet , we are several years behind . And if we were to examine results of those clubs when they were at the same stage of development as we are now ,then you could write a similar list as yours above .
The amount of money being pumped into these clubs certainly softens the transition bumps and bruises. Sadly we do not access to this kind of investment, we have to earn ours first.
It's only this season that 2nd , 3rd , or 4 th hasn't made much of a difference in CL quailfication but it still does in bragging rights , bonus payments , wage negotiations etc to the players, income to the clubs , and pulling power for incoming player signings

Fair enough, I get ya but it's just frustrating when we have a team as good as we have, regardless of how little we spend compared to others. Maybe I'm just being greedy but this team we've had for the past few years should have done something, unfortunately it's now going to be slowly ripped apart.

Said this many times, but it's OK losing a manager but you have to find another one. Only 4 years ago every Spurs fans were advocating for Frank de Boer to be our main man. He won 4 consecutive titles with Ajax and his stock was high. He went to Inter and lasted 85 days. He went to Palace and lasted 10 weeks and is now without a job. We got Poch instead and after 4 years, the questions are being asked by some. Worth remembering that it was probably about 2 years of monitoring Harry's management that loads of us turned on him. The bloated and ageing squads, the spiralling wage bill inter-dispersed with some exciting football. There were no strong foundations like Poch has built though, just some awesome players like King, Modric, Bale and VDV holding it together. The relegation form for 2 consecutive second halves of seasons told the real story.

Just looking across at Arsenal and Chelsea says it all. Joachim Low wants a rest after the WC, Athletico and Juve are blocking Simeone and Allegri leaving both clubs probably fighting for Luis Enrique. He's inherited squads and won things but he hasn't ever started a project like at those clubs. It's subtle, but it's never optimal changing managers in a World Cup or Euro's summer. If Poch leaves of his own accord we will have no choice. Finding someone that will go toe to toe with Pep, Klopp and Mourinho is the tough part. I can't think of a single manager that wouldn't be taking a big chance just like Enrique is.

I would strongly recommend that we stick with Poch, at least for next season and for probably more after that. Give him the players to work with and let's hope he can learn from those few mistakes we've seen in the bigger games.

They're not calling it. They just can't see the bigger picture, are ignoring or denigrating the progress and are half-empty people as opposed to half-full people.

If people can't see the progress off and on the pitch in the last three/four years, then I think they've simply stopped looking and have switched off.

I think we are on the cusp of our biggest leap forward in decades and that the preparation and progress to dates has been substantial - that doesn't mean that I'm happy about hitting a semi-final brick wall - but I can segment and see the reasons for it, who I think needs to own the responsibility for it - but it doesn't make me think our progress has been halted or that I need to jump in the pit of despair as some have chosen to.

To be fair I think the only real disagreement with some sections at the moment is wherever or not our manager can win trophies. Which after 4 years and opportunities to do so is fair enough.

Most agree he has made some really poor signings in the transfer market. Especially forward players. Most agree he is tactically naive and makes really odd decisions in big games.

Even you have doubts.

Off the field is great, new stadium coming, top notch training facilities. We know all that. Even though I don't give a flying frigg about any of it. But it's the project so I understand it.! But you have to remember our owners have been here nearly 20 years. Being patient is one thing but having to wait nearly quarter of a century to get close to competing is frigging ridiculous. Which if the project forecast is right it will be another 5 years plus before we can get anywhere near the big guns.

People having doubts about the manager doesn't make them blinkered or on the brink of suicide either. It's obvious he is a good manager. But that is all he is at the moment.

To be fair I think the only real disagreement with some sections at the moment is wherever or not our manager can win trophies. Which after 4 years and opportunities to do so is fair enough.

Most agree he has made some really poor signings in the transfer market. Especially forward players. Most agree he is tactically naive and makes really odd decisions in big games.

Even you have doubts.

Off the field is great, new stadium coming, top notch training facilities. We know all that. Even though I don't give a flying frigg about any of it. But it's the project so I understand it.! But you have to remember our owners have been here nearly 20 years. Being patient is one thing but having to wait nearly quarter of a century to get close to competing is frigging ridiculous. Which if the project forecast is right it will be another 5 years plus before we can get anywhere near the big guns.

People having doubts about the manager doesn't make them blinkered or on the brink of suicide either. It's obvious he is a good manager. But that is all he is at the moment.

Uh huh. But he has earned the right to fail completely.....or succeed. :thumbup:

Said this many times, but it's OK losing a manager but you have to find another one. Only 4 years ago every Spurs fans were advocating for Frank de Boer to be our main man. He won 4 consecutive titles with Ajax and his stock was high. He went to Inter and lasted 85 days. He went to Palace and lasted 10 weeks and is now without a job. We got Poch instead and after 4 years, the questions are being asked by some. Worth remembering that it was probably about 2 years of monitoring Harry's management that loads of us turned on him. The bloated and ageing squads, the spiralling wage bill inter-dispersed with some exciting football. There were no strong foundations like Poch has built though, just some awesome players like King, Modric, Bale and VDV holding it together. The relegation form for 2 consecutive second halves of seasons told the real story.

Just looking across at Arsenal and Chelsea says it all. Joachim Low wants a rest after the WC, Athletico and Juve are blocking Simeone and Allegri leaving both clubs probably fighting for Luis Enrique. He's inherited squads and won things but he hasn't ever started a project like at those clubs. It's subtle, but it's never optimal changing managers in a World Cup or Euro's summer. If Poch leaves of his own accord we will have no choice. Finding someone that will go toe to toe with Pep, Klopp and Mourinho is the tough part. I can't think of a single manager that wouldn't be taking a big chance just like Enrique is.

I would strongly recommend that we stick with Poch, at least for next season and for probably more after that. Give him the players to work with and let's hope he can learn from those few mistakes we've seen in the bigger games.

I think their is one manager around that we could probably get that could compete with the managers you mention. The fat waiter. How he has kept the toon up with the dross he has I don't know.

Proven winner. Wins trophies everywhere he goes.

Uh huh. But he has earned the right to fail completely.....or succeed. :thumbup:

Lucky for you Levy will be thinking the same. For the next few years anyway.

I can live with it. Fingers crossed a proven winner is around for when he does go because this club ain't winning shit with out one.

Real Deal - I sort of see where you're going. Rafa is 58 and has had 5 jobs in 7 or 8 years since leaving Liverpool. We'd be in safe hands though, especially as he seems to have adjusted to life without a huge budget. I bet he'd love a seat at the top table again and take the other managers on.

Wouldn't be against it if Poch left of his own accord. I wouldn't push Poch out of the door though.

Let's see what happens in the re-arranged fixture in the last week of the season.

United were a mess when Mourinho took over and he is now heading for his 3rd trophy in 2 years. We have better players yet we are still miles away from silverware. I just don't buy into this'project' thing. Has Poch really taken us much further forward, probably not. Can he take us any further? Probably not.

United were a mess when Mourinho took over and he is now heading for his 3rd trophy in 2 years. We have better players yet we are still miles away from silverware. I just don't buy into this'project' thing. Has Poch really taken us much further forward, probably not. Can he take us any further? Probably not.

LOL.

Lucky for you Levy will be thinking the same. For the next few years anyway.

I can live with it. Fingers crossed a proven winner is around for when he does go because this club ain't winning shit with out one.

Lucky for me? I want to win as much as you do.

To be fair Poch has taken us forward. We have finished 2nd and 3rd under him. He has built a spine. We are competitive. He has improved players. So he is a good manager. Probably the best Premier League manger we have had.

But he isn't as serial winner Like Jose, Pep, Wenger. I doubt he will ever be one.

If he stays we are in safe, solid hands. We won't drop down the league too much. We just have to accept we ain't winning shit with him in charge.

Mourinho vs Poch. Funny
United Payroll vs Spurs Payroll. Hysterical!

Pochettino hasn't moved us forward? Priceless.

Again 80 to be fair higher payroll or not, our first 11 has been better than United's for a while now. So Res has a valid point.
Lucky for me? I want to win as much as you do.

You said you want Poch to stay for the next 3 years? We ain't winning trophies if that happens mate. :ROFLMAO:

To be fair Poch has taken us forward. We have finished 2nd and 3rd under him. He has built a spine. We are competitive. He has improved players. So he is a good manager. Probably the best Premier League manager we have had.

But he isn't as serial winner Like Jose, Pep, Wenger. I doubt he will ever be one.

If he stays we are in safe, solid hands. We won't drop down the league too much. We just have to accept we ain't winning shit with him in charge.

The bolded statement has the same credibility as saying we are going to win the quad with Pochettino. He has adjusted and overcome almost everything thrown at him with only Levy defined resources at his disposal. I wouldn't be so quick to count him out. Especially if those resources grow with his experience. This summer and next will be indicative of what we should expect. :grinning:

Mourinho vs Poch. Funny
United Payroll vs Spurs Payroll. Hysterical!

Pochettino hasn't moved us forward? Priceless.

I said 'much' further forward. Harry got us into the CL and we are no better off at the present time. Yes, Poch has taken us to 2nd but we will struggle to get to 4th this year. So, no, we are not much further forward and as RD has said, we ain't going to win jack with Poch in charge.

The bolded statement has the same credibility as saying we are going to win the quad with Pochettino. He has adjusted and overcome almost everything thrown at him with only Levy defined resources at his disposal. I wouldn't be so quick to count him out. Especially if those resources grow with his experience. This summer and next will be indicative of what we should expect. :grinning:

Aha at least I have 4 years of evidence to back up my opinion. :thumbup:

I hope you are right. I will gladly eat humble pie if he does. I will pay for you're beers when you come over if he does. :eek!:

Actually scrap that you are loaded you can pay.

Aha at least I have 4 years of evidence to back up my opinion. :thumbup:

I hope you are right. I will gladly eat humble pie if he does. I will pay for you're beers when you come over if he does. :eek!:

Actually scrap that you are loaded you can pay.

I could conversely say I have 4 years of evidence to back up my opinion. We have knocked off several achievements and wins that haven't ever been done before by a Spurs team.

However, the real issue is I now know you're a stingy bastard. :cheers:

I said 'much' further forward. Harry got us into the CL and we are no better off at the present time. Yes, Poch has taken us to 2nd but we will struggle to get to 4th this year. So, no, we are not much further forward and as RD has said, we ain't going to win jack with Poch in charge.

Much further? Despite the fact that you don't think it's a big deal, 2, potentially 3, successive years in the CL is extremely helpful in player acquisition and retention. Not to mention bonus payments.

I will say one thing. 25 naffing years is a long time to wait and I can completely understand why people have little or no patience. However, it is what it is whether any of us like it or not.

So you have 2 choices:

1) Measure the club from whence it came.

2) Measure the club from where YOU think it should be.

#2 will cause you nothing but agony.