Colchester 8500 already sold | Vital Football

Colchester 8500 already sold

JT_LCFC

Vital Football Hero
According to the club. I note the segregation will be similar to that if Tuesday, therefore another 200-300 before a home sellout?

Apparently they have been allocated 800.

Why?

Their recent away followings have been 52 at Morecambe, 163 at Mansfield, 200 at Crewe, 143 at Port Vale, and 340 at Forest Green on Easter Monday.

Could easily have put them in the corner.

Will be surprised if they exceed 200, another waste of seats and income like Tuesday. Thought we had sorted this out. Exeter brought 406 and they were easily accommodated in the corner seating. Why not this time ?

There's been such a huge explosion in supporters I think they are still playing catch up. I noticed a lot of people on Tuesday were there for the very first time (because of wembley). Definately need to extend the selenity stand.

You watch when next seasons, season tickets go on sale. There will be a huge rush.

Are some of the changes with the car parking to do with more facilities for home fans in the stacey west and therefore allowing us more allocation?

Yes it appears so, think they're trialling it for next season it appears they are going to split the Stacey west stand properly next season.

Definately need to extend the selenity stand.

It really not practical given the access and egress is largely from the front and most of the service connections are to either side, mainly due to bad VE (on that note show me good VE) when the size was chopped when the Imps dropped into the GMVC in '87.

It would would more cost effective to drop it and build a new stand, I would go for something like the East stand at Oakwell. Then I woke up.

Definately need to extend the selenity stand.

You watch when next seasons, season tickets go on sale. There will be a huge rush.

The club have already said the Selenity cannot be extended either practically or cost-effectively.

There won't be a huge rush for season tickets because they virtually sold out of them for this season. I can't see more than a handful becoming available.

The club have already said the Selenity cannot be extended either practically or cost-effectively.

There won't be a huge rush for season tickets because they virtually sold out of them for this season. I can't see more than a handful becoming available.

Sorry, that's what I meant. There will be a mad rush for the handful available. Shame they can't get more supporters in.

It really not practical given the access and egress is largely from the front and most of the service connections are to either side, mainly due to bad VE (on that note show me good VE) when the size was chopped when the Imps dropped into the GMVC in '87.

It would would more cost effective to drop it and build a new stand, I would go for something like the East stand at Oakwell. Then I woke up.

It seems like this is the key obstacle in any SB expansion hopes - that the Selenity and Stacey West are old fashioned stands with no access/egress through the back, only out the front and then the sides. Maybe it's getting to the point where the club are considering demolishing the Selenity, especially if we get promoted?

Stacey West are old fashioned stands with no access/egress through the back, only out the front and then the sides.

As a construction professional, I believe the SW capacity and access and egress issues can be solved. Not least there is nothing other than a big void below it (it wasn't that long ago a model rail club approached LCFC to use the void for their layouts) and no services connection of any nature to consider and therefore it would would be relatively straight forward and cost effective to change it. As regards expansion of the SW its not beyond the realms of possibility to cantilever a tier above it.

As a construction professional, I believe the SW capacity and access and egress issues can be solved. Not least there is nothing other than a big void below it (it wasn't that long ago a model rail club approached LCFC to use the void for their layouts) and no services connection of any nature to consider and therefore it would would be relatively straight forward and cost effective to change it. As regards expansion of the SW its not beyond the realms of possibility to cantilever a tier above it.

The two stands at Barnet appeared to be semi permanent structures and looked pretty good too. Maybe something like that at the SW end would be a temporary solution until/if the move happens.

The two stands at Barnet appeared to be semi permanent structures and looked pretty good too. Maybe something like that at the SW end would be a temporary solution until/if the move happens.

Like it, personally I think we will still be at Sincil Bank in 10 Years time. If this is a chance in a lifetime for City then the Barnet model seems appropriate and when we hit hard times again, take it down. Mindful we need a bigger water pipe though !

There's been such a huge explosion in supporters I think they are still playing catch up. I noticed a lot of people on Tuesday were there for the very first time (because of wembley). Definately need to extend the selenity stand.

How come the fans recognise it (because tickets are scarce) but the club don't? I'm one of those who live hundreds of miles away and it doesn't take much more hassle for me to not bother. Easier for me to put money into southern clubs and watch the Imps play away.

The Crawley stand looked like a giant market stall.

I'm convinced when I looked earlier there weren't that many tickets available in the Stacey West. Have more been released?