Terror arrest in Rochester | Vital Football

Terror arrest in Rochester

Maybe I should ask something simple ....Has there been a terrorist* arrest in Medway before? Or is this a first ?

* Suspected , and held under anti terror powers.

Last edited:
I guess I'm right .
Warren Wood ?, Weeds Wood ? They were just estates when I grew up.
How times are changing.

Strood was originally (well after the saxons at least) under Frinsbury and then Rochester more recently but Rochester aint a city no more and we are all under Medway Council now innit so Stroodies dont belong under nobody but the Medway just as the gills are the team of the Medway City we only swear allegance to the Medway Gills :j

Strood is still under the Rochester post town, but at over 40,000 population compared to Rochester's 30,000, plus the increase in industry and commerce, I would say Strood is pretty much an independent town. Strood and Proud :bull:Pass off Trevor :finger:

So , no one knows the arrested man ?
I wonder if he is Medway born and bred ?
Living at home with mum and dad ?
The police have extended powers to question him , so hopefully it will all come out

I bet you like it when the police have got "extended powers", don't you, sir? Cor. I bet, you do sir, don't you, eh? Suits, you, sir. Especially when it "all comes out". When they extend their powers. Oooh, sir!

Queens head sir gosh no - strood was full of shady pubs so they have shut most of them. LSB, Is the jubilee still open and what about the Bounty? Not sure if the Crispin ever reopened and as for the Angel, the Red Lion, the Old Gun, the Horseshoe, the fountain (where Diamond Lil hung out), etc.

Most people wont know that there were two cinemas in strood, I only remember the Waldona which was 6 old pence downstairs and 9 old pence upstairs. Thats if you could find a seat that the Teds had not ripped up with their flick knives and bike chains lol.