Plymouth home game. | Vital Football

Plymouth home game.

GRSGimmer

Vital Squad Member
Reading the Argyle board it appears they have been given 1500ish tickets for the BMS. They are bound to sell out from their perspective - this could be a vital game for them to make the play offs and they have a very good away following - took 3k to Charlton and have already sold their 1400 allocation at Northampton. I note that the GFC ticketing page on the O/S shows tickets available for home fans in the BMS lower but we seldom sell out on the rare occasions it is actually open. I feel the club have missed a chance for extra revenue here - surely would have made sense to give them entire BMS - not sure what it holds around 2800? I am sure though that Argyle would have filled most of it.

With 1500 Argyle fans in the BMS I would be surprised if we would try and fill the rest with home support as it would surely create a security issue as last games of the season tend to be a bit boisterous. Agree that if they sell their allocation then maybe another batch could be offered to fill that end anyway.
It would be great if it was a vital play off game for them as they deserve it. It could have been us but we ran out of steam. Either way I'm looking forward to it as it also happens to be the most attractive game since Blackburn so maybe the players can step up a level once more.

With 1500 Argyle fans in the BMS I would be surprised if we would try and fill the rest with home support as it would surely create a security issue as last games of the season tend to be a bit boisterous.
I agree Vambo - this could be a security/safety issue but the GFC site shows tickets on sale for home fans in the BMS lower at the moment. Of course the club could backtrack and give a bigger allocation to Argyle. We only need 3 home stands not that we will sell out any of them regardless.

Why would we even consider selling tickets in the BMS when we will probably get 4000-4500 home fans. Its a sill KO time as well I think.

I wouldn't believe everything the online page tells you - unless oyu have actually bought one in which case I stand corrected.

Don’t see the problem with a 5:30 KO. In fact I probably prefer it.

It gives the Plymouth fans more time to get here in the morning and should still be fine for them to get home afterwards. Also gives us more time to have a drink before the game. I can get to the pub for 1-2 and still have a skin full rather than the usual rush before a game or early start. It’s a Saturday so have got all of Sunday to recover too.

All in all a decent time if you ask me.

As long as it’s not an important game for us (it wont be), I can see no reason why we shouldn’t let them have the whole of the TE as well as a few hundred in the Gordon Road if they can sell them and as long as we can sort out the segregation and policing adequately.

Could make a good bit of extra money out of it. We’d be stupid not to IMO. And of course it would stop Plymouth fans going in home ends and starting arguments like the millwall fans did a couple of years ago. That was a joke.

Why? To quote your actual words on the Northampton/Bury thread you stated "We have been safe for weeks".

The outcome could determine the budget SL is given for next season - the last few weeks have not instilled much confidence in SL or the team plus it would be good for us to finish on a win and ,may help season ticket sales etc

The outcome could determine the budget SL is given for next season - the last few weeks have not instilled much confidence in SL or the team plus it would be good for us to finish on a win and ,may help season ticket sales etc
What a load of bull. How will this 1 game impact next years ST sales? I am sure your friend already has a figure in mind for next year's budget. You are just backtracking because you know full well we are not yet safe from relegation. To refer to the starting post I commented that I thought it would be a good idea to give ALL of the BMS to Plymouth which would substantially increase revenue stream from this 1 match.

What a load of bull. How will this 1 game impact next years ST sales? I am sure your friend already has a figure in mind for next year's budget. You are just backtracking because you know full well we are not yet safe from relegation. To refer to the starting post I commented that I thought it would be a good idea to give ALL of the BMS to Plymouth which would substantially increase revenue stream from this 1 match.

Its true we are all doomed, fate is totally against us and we will be relegated at the end of the season regardless of how many points we have. How do you know, have you got inside information

Of course he has a figure in mind, probably more than one. How much do I release now and how much do I hold back just in case.

Again you are 100% right its not one game that he will be judged on - remind me when we last won a match.

Every game will make a differnce, SL has done OK and got us over the line but recent weeks he hasnt got much out of the same players that were our saviors not many weeks ago.

Its true we are all doomed, fate is totally against us and we will be relegated at the end of the season regardless of how many points we have. How do you know, have you got inside information

Of course he has a figure in mind, probably more than one. How much do I release now and how much do I hold back just in case.

Again you are 100% right its not one game that he will be judged on - remind me when we last won a match.

Every game will make a differnce, SL has done OK and got us over the line but recent weeks he hasnt got much out of the same players that were our saviors not many weeks ago.

Christ on a bike, where have I said we are going to be relegated? I have not. I mentioned that we are not clear yet and may not be come the Plymouth match. The rest of your post is totally irrelevant. We will probably limp over the line and next season will doubtless be more of the same unless SL is given substantial funds to improve the squad. SL has worked minor miracles with the Pennock squad but it is plain to see that the cracks are showing again and overall this current squad is not good enough to be anything more than potential relegation fodder, so yes, when did we last win a match - you have answered your own question.
What you have failed to answer is why, given there is a chance of extra income for potentially 2.5k of Plymouth fans, the BMS has not been fully allocated to them and tickets are still on sale in the BMS for home fans, which has presumably been authorised by Scally. How many of our fans will turn up for this game - unless we need something from it to avoid relegation it will be our hard core of 4k plus a few floaters on perhaps a sunny last day of the season, so say a max of 5k home support. We never remotely fill the MS, GRS or RE so why open the BMS for our fans? The take up is always minimal even less now that the cheap ticket offers for the BMS touted last season suddenly disappeared without trace. How many of our fans will sit in the BMS for this game - 250 max. Totally pointless and the club will lose revenue.
Then again as you have inside info you know best so all bow to your superior knowledge.

I do tend to agree, with the poor form. If it had been because we were trying out youngsters I'd accept it, but we've been using our strongest possible team (barring injuries obviously), so it's not exactly the best form we're in.

One thing I hadn't considered when I said lets try out some youngsters was trying to end the season on a high to increase ST sales. I do think SL needs to get us winning again or we could find a lot of ST holders disillusioned and wondering why they are bothering. ST renewal time is not a good time of year to have a poor dip in form and start playing boring dire football.

Agree AK but our fans will make decisions about ST renewal/purchase based on several factors - cost, sweeteners, and how well the team has performed over the season and likely to perform in the next season. Ending a season badly will not help so I expect the take up to be about the same as this season regardless of good home performances against Blackpool and Argyle. When we had our good spell under SL home gates did not substantially improve - the attendance against Rotherham shows that our diehard support (3.8k to 4k) will remain loyal but I am not seeing anything on or off the pitch that will increase that and we have numerous other postings on here about how to get an increase in bums on seats. The cheap ticket offers this season did not really increase attendances - perhaps it is the old adage that occasional fans will be tempted to only watch a winning team? The ST prices for next season will presumably be announced soon so it will be interesting to see the reaction from fans on here.
We all want to see SL give the youngsters a go - he can only judge how good they will be by giving them game time but he is obviously going to be cautious all the time we are not safe from relegation. If results go our may tomorrow the last 2 games could see wholesale changes but with inexperienced youngsters comes the risk of defeats so it is a vicious circle. The great shame is that we never continued the form after Portsmouth away and not yet reached comfortable mid-table security. Bit of a Catch 22 - hopefully get over the line against Blackpool then wait and see.

If they sell there allocation other other areas of the BMS could be opened or any home fans in the BMS moved not a big deal either way.

5.30 kick off will not help - they wont get out of the ground much before 8 and then have a 5 hour journey home, 3pm would have been better for Plymouth

Of course PS made the initial decision which would have been made months ago before anyone knew the relevance of the match- and it can be changed but would have to consult with the Police first as they may not have the manpower to cover.

A good 3 or 4 nil win against play off contenders would be good for season ticket sales, a heavy defeat would have a detrimental effect. - at the moment our form is one of the worst in the league which in anyones book is not good

I also dont think we can feild a team of youngsters, it would not be fair on other play off contenders like Portsmouth

Last edited:
Durham, every game is kicking off at 5.30 on the final day of the season, so it's nothing to do with P.S, the police, its the FL decision decided by Skytv, so k.o. won't be moved.

Durham, every game is kicking off at 5.30 on the final day of the season, so it's nothing to do with P.S, the police, its the FL decision decided by Skytv, so k.o. won't be moved.

Yes i am fully aware of that, my comment about PS / Police was regarding the opening of the stand - i was pointing out that a 5.30 kick off is not good for those traveling from Plymouth

"If they sell there allocation other other areas of the BMS could be opened or any home fans in the BMS moved not a big deal either way."

Durham, it's 'their' not 'there'