D

Departed

Toby or Sanchez?

Aurier or Trippier?

Dier or Wanyama?

Moura or Lamela?

Kane or Son up front?

Vorm or Lloris?

Lots and lots of questions this week. Especially after the Brighton Affair.

And we are at home even if we aren't.......officially.

This is who I would go with: Sure he wont though

Vorm, Toby, Sanchez, Jan, Trips, Davies, Dembele,, Eriksen, Lucas, Dele, Son or Harry......subs: Hugo, Dier, Vic. Lamela, Aurier

This is who I would go with: Sure he wont though

Vorm, Toby, Sanchez, Jan, Trips, Davies, Dembele,, Eriksen, Lucas, Dele, Son or Harry......subs: Hugo, Dier, Vic. Lamela, Aurier

I like that and I’d go with Son.

I don’t think it matters who plays, it depends more on tactics and whether whoever plays can be bothered to raise their intensity from the start. Can’t see us winning the tactical battle and as we have shown in so many games this season the first half is just a jogging warm-up until we go behind.

The messages from Poch are not bourne out by his actions. After Tuesday’s pathetic showing he stated that Top 4 finish was the main aim this season and the Cup was not. So why put out the team he did?
If we do win the semi does that mean he picks teams and tactics that are destined to miss his main target while waiting for the final.

On the other hand, if we win the team can go flat out in the League and Poch will be a genius. Maybe Tuesday was a calculated risk, but a big one that could backfire.

Looks like we are in a position to play our best 11. If we don't in a FA Cup semi then when will we?

I would go with Hugo ( last chance this season) Tripps, Toby, Verts, Rose ( if fit )

The wall of Wana and Dembele. Eriksen in the middle of them dictating play.

Lucas RF, Kane CF, Alli LF.

I expect to see Son and Sanchez start though.

I honestly don't care who starts. If they have energy and the heart to win, we can hold our own and get the result. If they are lethargic and have no heart, we will lose and deservidly so most likely. Never seems to be much middle ground with us. I am waiting for us to pull out a result even when we are playing bad against quality opposition....

We all need to snap out of this malaise!!! Including me. No more of this ho hum bullshit. We are a naffing awesome team.

Let's kick Mourinho's arse and watch him complain about everything and then finally admit Spurs were the better team.

We all need to snap out of this malaise!!! Including me. No more of this ho hum bullshit. We are a naffing awesome team.

Let's kick Mourinho's arse and watch him complain about everything and then finally admit Spurs were the better team.

:cheers: I am in, lets do this! COYS!!!!

Game on!

I like that and I’d go with Son.
I go with that as well.
We surely can't trust Aurier again this season. I have it on good authority he is going to be awesome next season, along with Moura , although I like his work rate and commitment, Moura that is , . Future right wing back?.
Never saw the Man U game so can't comment . I had entered the malaise that 80 is kicking arse about !!
2-0 Kane with both

Poch has just said he doesn't see winning the cup as a step up in our progress. It's only good for the fans . .wow
Only winning PL or CL is a step up

I honestly don't care who starts. If they have energy and the heart to win, we can hold our own and get the result. If they are lethargic and have no heart, we will lose and deservidly so most likely. Never seems to be much middle ground with us. I am waiting for us to pull out a result even when we are playing bad against quality opposition....

Nailed it .

Poch has just said he doesn't see winning the cup as a step up in our progress. It's only good for the fans . .wow
Only winning PL or CL is a step up

A motivational wizard who unsurprisingly has so far motivated no one to win anything in his career.

To actually win this FA Cup means beating Utd and probably the Chavs, maybe he should try motivating himself .

The football world and his wife would expect us to not beat both of those teams and actually win a trophy, so maybe he could try doing something positive instead of always encouraging a defeatist attitude which has seen him win JS in his managerial career.

Last edited:
Poch is a muppet if he's not full on with winning this semi and eventually the Cup. We need to win something....or is 4th in the league just his speed, then bow out of the CL with an attitude of "at least we qualified for the CL". Seriously, we're just so inconsistent.
Messing about with out back four (selling Walker, then the Rose debacle) is proving to be costly. All of a sudden Hugo looks ordinary as our defense seem to be at 6's and 7's. Sanchez is far too inexperienced and easily fooled by long balls, exploiting Hugo's weaknesses.

Winning a trophy not a step up in our progress? Well if he actually thinks that he really is a thick fecker.

I expect he is trying to play it down to take the pressure off.

Either way he should not be saying that. He has one jack shit so he needs to get his head out his ass.

I would play the team that beat Chelsea. It will screw up Mourinho's strategy not having Kane on the pitch.

Utd have a very strong team. Their keeper is better than both ours. Their MF is better. Valencia is a better RB than ours. Lukaku and Rashford on thier day and right now are possibly better than Kane who is not at his best yet after injury. Our CBs are probably better but not much in it. But it's not beyond us if most perform at their best. Losing will be no surprise because finally without doubt they have a better manager tactically.

Well our 7 match semi final losing run in the FA cup is something that I hope spurs us on..... I hope that Poch becomes positive and makes any changes that are necessary, when necessary and doesn't just stand there looking perplexed with a 'what the feck do I do now' look on his face.
Jose has history in knowing how to win when it matters, Poch who has won zilch needs (whatever he says) a trophy.....sh1t we need a trophy, will we have a better chance with basically a 'home semi final'....

We need to start at pace and not try to pick it up as the match goes on

Very difficult to second guess what Jose will do but the most predictable for him is that we will go at them from the off. So he will be prepared for that and probably either play straight through or over the top on the break.

I would play careful possession football to start, no pushing up reckless. Then change shape and subs later in the match more attack minded. Not starting with Kane is not a bad shout. Whatever Jose expects.....we shouldn't do.

Status
Not open for further replies.