Tonight's the night | Vital Football

Tonight's the night

Barbles

Vital Youth Team
Here goes,
I really fancy our chances with both teams having injury issues.
I am really relieved that Aguero is out injured, he is class and will be missed and not your all time top scorer for nothing.
I don't think Jesus is in the same class as a goal scorer, Stirling always plays poorly against us (especially at Anfield) and will probably be subbed after 65 mins, so as long as we take care of De Bryne and Sane I can't see you scoring, we have a great defensive record in the Champ League this season too.
Our front three are free of injuries and the loss of Matic and Gomez are covered (I hope:bow:)

Let us hope for a good game:cheers:

By “taking care” I’m sure you just mean in a nice way Barbles.
Let’s hope it is a great game to watch

Morning Barbles.

Please feel free to add your Liverpool / City game comments in our matchday thread (City Chat forum). I'll move this thread over once I get my head around my new tools / buttons.

I'm a tad miffed Kun has been ruled out but hey, we have a little unknown 21-year-old in the name of Gabriel Jesus. He might just fit into Sergio's boots, for one night only you understand. :grinning:

Aguero is indeed a loss however the young trio of Sterling, Jesus and Sane have started 14 games together in all comps across the past two seasons, in those games City have scored 40 and won every single game, just saying.

I've managed to move this thread from the 'off topic' forum however, as hard as I've tried I can't find the button whereby I can merge this with today's matchday thread.

By “taking care” I’m sure you just mean in a nice way Barbles.
Let’s hope it is a great game to watch

Ha ha, yes I do, I think we have one of the best disciplinary records this season, so no dirty tactics by us.
We could talk about Sanes sending off at yours all day, but I really feel there was no malice in it, but I would have been screaming for your player to be sent off if the roles were reversed.

Morning Barbles.

Please feel free to add your Liverpool / City game comments in our matchday thread (City Chat forum). I'll move this thread over once I get my head around my new tools / buttons.

I'm a tad miffed Kun has been ruled out but hey, we have a little unknown 21-year-old in the name of Gabriel Jesus. He might just fit into Sergio's boots, for one night only you understand. :grinning:

Sorry about that, I'm used to writing on the Off topic page on VE, I'll get used to it (I hope!)

Aguero is indeed a loss however the young trio of Sterling, Jesus and Sane have started 14 games together in all comps across the past two seasons, in those games City have scored 40 and won every single game, just saying.

Yes, but they have never played against the rock that is Liverpool defence:eek!::help:

Good victory for you Barbles, it must be said.
Let’s hope we put up a better show in the next game.
Hope you enjoyed your pint mate. :cheers:

Thank you Oziman,
Again we blitzed you and scored 3 quick goals.
I know you are going to win the league and have proved to be the most consistent team, but sorry, that was very poor from you last night, it's easier to keep a clean sheet when the opposition doesn't have a shot on target.
You threw everything you had at us the 2nd half and got nothing and that makes me very optimistic for the return as I am sure we will score

Liverpool are the best team we have faced this season, but had the referee and lines men got it spot on, then the score may have only been 2-1 - not sure about the penalty shout, which may of course have given us a second away goal.

I cannot see us stopping Liverpool getting an away goal next tuesday, neither can I see us getting 4 goals, as your defense is good.

I agree the consistency is the key to winning the league and whilst Liverpool can up their game for special occasions like yesterday, they cannot maintain the quality throughout the season, when they do they will win the Premier.

Their defence isn't that good Buzz, we got into numerous good positions but let ourselves down with the final ball, Sané most guilty, God help Sterling if he put in a display like Sane did last night.

True about the decisions Buzz, but we probably wouldn't have been so defensive in the 2nd half had it been 2-1. at HT so who's to say we wouldn't have scored more?....hypothetical I know.
This win will give us a great boost for next season and I'm sure we can challenge for the title, but again early days

I agree BD, goal change games, and what ifs, had they flagged Salah offside we don't know what would have happened, but it put a buzz into Liverpool. They deserved their win in the end.

Their defence isn't that good Buzz, we got into numerous good positions but let ourselves down with the final ball, Sané most guilty, God help Sterling if he put in a display like Sane did last night.

That could be said at the start of the season, but our results against top teams in Europe suggest otherwise, we'll see at your place how good they really are anyway:tophat:

We cannot play defensively, it is not in our makeup since Pep arrived and as Joe Mercer once said attack is the best defence. We currently have the best defence in the Premier Liverpool lie 6th in that respect, but not many teams who play Liverpool will come and have a go like we do, even United would have parked the bus again had they been drawn against you, it made for a good contest and an exciting game

That could be said at the start of the season, but our results against top teams in Europe suggest otherwise, we'll see at your place how good they really are anyway:tophat:

We had numerous opportunities Barbles, it was our incompetence rather than anything Liverpool did defensively that saw them come to nothing, if we were even half as clinical as Liverpool this tie would still be very much alive. You give Real or Barca opportunities like that they will punish you.

Thank you Oziman,
Again we blitzed you and scored 3 quick goals.
I know you are going to win the league and have proved to be the most consistent team, but sorry, that was very poor from you last night, it's easier to keep a clean sheet when the opposition doesn't have a shot on target.
You threw everything you had at us the 2nd half and got nothing and that makes me very optimistic for the return as I am sure we will score
Not sure that we did throw everything we had at you in the second half mate and by that I mean we can and should have played a whole lot better than we did.
However, on the night I think Pep underestimated your attacking strength and just was too slow to do anything about it.
Life goes on

We cannot play defensively, it is not in our makeup since Pep arrived and as Joe Mercer once said attack is the best defence. We currently have the best defence in the Premier Liverpool lie 6th in that respect, but not many teams who play Liverpool will come and have a go like we do, even United would have parked the bus again had they been drawn against you, it made for a good contest and an exciting game

I agree with the best form of attack philosophy we are the same.
I also have already said our defence was dodgy earlier on in the season, but the last two months have been much better only conceding 6 in 10 games (which I think is better than City)