Incoming Transfer speculation | Page 30 | Vital Football

Incoming Transfer speculation

How comes? The money has to come from somewhere right?
Because the debt was there before and it is there now.
Just because they have a judgement doesn’t necessarily mean it has to be paid in one lump sum.
In most cases an arrangement for payment is made.
I doubt if there are many clubs in professional football that don’t have CCJs.
Can’t see it having any bearing on the playing budget.

Meanwhile Evans has made his 9th and 10th new signings for Stevenage today!
I wonder how many of them will either :
1. Get little regular game time or
2. Be frozen out after their first few games, or
3. Be sent back to their parent clubs before the loan deal expires

Fair point. What i mean is - he likes to chop and change his squads. Which is fine if the club can afford it.

Fair point. What i mean is - he likes to chop and change his squads. Which is fine if the club can afford it.

That's what makes his appointment as GFC manager even more bizarre. It worked on a budget but given his history it was strange that PS thought it could work to begin with.

That's what makes his appointment as GFC manager even more bizarre. It worked on a budget but given his history it was strange that PS thought it could work to begin with.
Let's be honest for two years it did work. Far longer than I expected it too.However the end result was almost exactly how I had expected it too end except perhaps with more flames perhaps.

In my opinion he's more of an acquirer of players rather than a classic wheeler and dealer. Every incoming transfer involves money, to players, agents and sometimes others.
The Ehmer signing was very suspicious, when Evans brought him back from Bristol, £50k paid to his agent, really?

The Ehmer signing was very suspicious, when Evans brought him back from Bristol, £50k paid to his agent, really?
I do wonder how many agents are in with certain managers. Could be a great scam.I am certain that we miss out on players. But I am not totally against Scally in terms of not accommodating them.

This coming week should see the market start to pick up .With players no longer being paid by last season’s clubs before the end of it .Millwall for example have only signed one big money purchase thus far .If we going to get a useful loan or loans from them?
It is not surprising they haven't arrived yet.
Meanwhile there are clubs that include Cardiff and Stevenage who have pushed ahead with plans.
It is possible that some signatures might depend on others .Think about it if you were A winger like Joe Doodo (not saying we will sign him just a excellent example)formally of Doncaster are you going to consider signing for another team where you could be pressed into service as a striker like he was at Doncaster most of the season. It would not surprise me if there were players waiting for others to agree.

This coming week should see the market start to pick up .With players no longer being paid by last season’s clubs before the end of it .Millwall for example have only signed one big money purchase thus far .If we going to get a useful loan or loans from them?
It is not surprising they haven't arrived yet.
Meanwhile there are clubs that include Cardiff and Stevenage who have pushed ahead with plans.
It is possible that some signatures might depend on others .Think about it if you were A winger like Joe Doodo (not saying we will sign him just a excellent example)formally of Doncaster are you going to consider signing for another team where you could be pressed into service as a striker like he was at Doncaster most of the season. It would not surprise me if there were players waiting for others to agree.

I think the transfer market every year is just a waiting game that filters down the line from bigger teams and better players to smaller clubs and lesser players.

The bigger clubs need to do their transfer deals first before they sell or loan players out. Similarly better players will hold out for better deals at bigger clubs. And when they don’t get those better deals they will look at the lesser deals.

All this “As soon as I spoke to the gaffer I knew this was where I wanted to be” is just codswallop. “As soon as they offered me a few more ££ I knew this was where I wanted to be” is more often the truth.

And fully agree, this week should see a lot more movement. Especially July 1 and after.

I think the transfer market every year is just a waiting game that filters down the line from bigger teams and better players to smaller clubs and lesser players.

The bigger clubs need to do their transfer deals first before they sell or loan players out. Similarly better players will hold out for better deals at bigger clubs. And when they don’t get those better deals they will look at the lesser deals.

All this “As soon as I spoke to the gaffer I knew this was where I wanted to be” is just codswallop. “As soon as they offered me a few more ££ I knew this was where I wanted to be” is more often the truth.

And fully agree, this week should see a lot more movement. Especially July 1 and after.
We have got the pull of Harris I think it counts a bit a manager with a decent pedigree will pull in players. I have every confidence. I am sure Harris could have signed eight to ten players already if he was willing to settle for second best. We want the best 12 to 15 players we can possibly get if that means waiting so be it.

We have got the pull of Harris I think it counts a bit a manager with a decent pedigree will pull in players. I have every confidence. I am sure Harris could have signed eight to ten players already if he was willing to settle for second best. We want the best 12 to 15 players we can possibly get if that means waiting so be it.
Chris, I think you are going to be disappointed.
I expect a number of signings we've never heard of with little or no pedigree.

Chris, I think you are going to be disappointed.
I expect a number of signings we've never heard of with little or no pedigree.
It doesn't matter if we have heard of them .Can they deliver?
If the answer is yes then the rest doesn't matter.Tony Pulis build a side for us that would achieve success.Most were nobody's and our promotion apart did very little. THAT'S the sort of team players we need not the names.
Of course we remember the Super Bob's and Hessy's of this world. But league two is all about the workers with little or no names .A group of players that will dig deeper try 150% that's what is required.

Take a look at my picture it is Will Wright now I had never heard of him Daggers fans apart nor had anyone else I don't expect.

Quite probable but if they include one, or two forwards we have heard of then I'll be satisfied. We shall see.
Even up front. Who cares what they have done?John Akinde had been heard of and on the face of it could have been a good signing. As could many others I had heard of too.It is about signing players up front who will score this season and next. Not last season and the one before. Eaves and Wilkinson were are perfect example on the face of it Wilkinson was a good signing. Eaves a cart horse who didn't know where the goal was.

Or "it was a no brainer"!