Summer transfer window thread | Page 146 | Vital Football

Summer transfer window thread

The Athletic reporting we have now agreed the loan for Henderson.

https://theathletic.com/news/dean-henderson-nottingham-forest-man-utd-transfer-news/bO5BqrS37mbf/

No mention of whether or not there’s an option to buy. Claiming that we are paying his FULL salary over the course of the season…

So £6m-ish in salary, and presumably there's a loan fee also?
Fair to say that fee would be £2m at the very least (random speculative number) that's £8m for a player we're borrowing...wowsers.

Villa have screwed themselves with that £15m valuation. Nobody is talking to them about him and probably won’t until that valuation drops.

It’s a shame for Davis as he knows he won’t play for Villa but they are pricing him out of a move.

As was said on the vital whatsapp group, the number quoted was 3.5m

Theyre clearly trying their arm. I think we will sign him undisclosed

we got to two semi finals and a final of the FA cup, came third in the league , and won two league cups around Crosby’s time.
I’d say cloughies judgment was still pretty good then 😂😂

He didn't play against Luton in 89 when we won
He didn't play against Oldham in 90 when we won
He played against spuds in 91 when we lost
He played against manure in 92 when we lost

We won’t be paying all of his 100k a week, likely 50% at most, plus a loan fee.
At a guess, we’d be paying £5m in total between loan fee and wages for Henderson
With a sale of Samba to be deducted from that figure.
Can we get £3m+ for Samba?

Athletic says its 100% of his salary via NFFC.

He didn't play against Luton in 89 when we won
He didn't play against Oldham in 90 when we won
He played against spuds in 91 when we lost
He played against manure in 92 when we lost

Ahh you’re talking about the actual finals - I see. I was talking about his contributions in getting us to those finals and winning enough points to come third behind arsenal and Liverpool. He was a very underrated player along with Garry Parker.

So £6m-ish in salary, and presumably there's a loan fee also?
Fair to say that fee would be £2m at the very least (random speculative number) that's £8m for a player we're borrowing...wowsers.
I suspect the negotiations about an option to buy have centered around us wanting that money knocked off the final set price if we take the option