Transfer Window - Summer 2022 | Page 142 | Vital Football

Transfer Window - Summer 2022

I like the guy, he brings something we don't have. £65m is way too much. It wouldn't cost too much more for Martinez, £55m is more than a fair amount IMO.

It's a hard one to assess. He was fantastic last season in a struggling side, but didn't always tear it up in the French or Portugese leagues.

What he needs to do is put together his last 2 seasons. He had 11 goals and 3 assists in 21/22 and 6 goals and 9 assists in the season before. Now if he can get going in both areas then that would get him closer to being a £65m player.

He is only 25 and is at least grounded in this league. It would kill the Moura debate once and for all.

It's a hard one to assess. He was fantastic last season in a struggling side, but didn't always tear it up in the French or Portugese leagues.

What he needs to do is put together his last 2 seasons. He had 11 goals and 3 assists in 21/22 and 6 goals and 9 assists in the season before. Now if he can get going in both areas then that would get him closer to being a £65m player.

He is only 25 and is at least grounded in this league. It would kill the Moura debate once and for all.
For me mutley, if we are to pay that kind of money for a player there can be no 'if he can' I can't see anyone paying that for him. This will drag on till the last week of the window and he'll end up going for £45-50m, The £55m is a tax to get the deal done early. Would love him at Spurs more so than Richarlson, although Richarlson is probably more what we need.

We have options. We have no need to spend silly money to bag any of our targets. I'd prefer to see us spend on the squad rather than a marquee signing. We're not in the position to micro manage like City or Liverpool, well not quite yet. They can afford to do that because they have such good squads.

Last edited:
Have a suspicion Bergwijn will go on to be a very very good player in a couple years.
Hmm, not so sure!.

Holland are not producing much in the way of strikers and with due respect to Depay and Bergwijn, there really isn't much of a pool to choose from.

Quick Danny Rose and I came up with these prolific players from the past:

Bergkamp
Van Basten
Van Persie
Cruyff
Nistelrooy
Klievert
Robben
Gullit
Huntelaar

That's going back some time. Their national team has been in doldrums for years.

Not disputing Bergwijn will benefit from a move and regular football, but there's something about him (fitness?, technique?) which gives me the imression he's not got a big ceiling to aim at.

GL to the guy though.

For me: Joao Felix is head and shoulders above Raf, Rich and Jesus. His ceiling is way above all three of them.

If we are going to be spending 50m plus on that certain player then I would rather we pumped it up by another 20 and get better. Martinez would be great but Inter surely wouldn't sell him, Dzeko and Alexi Sanchez will go.

If Simeone really wants Loco and Emerson, then Joao Felix might not cost the earth after all.

For me: Joao Felix is head and shoulders above Raf, Rich and Jesus. His ceiling is way above all three of them.

If we are going to be spending 50m plus on that certain player then I would rather we pumped it up by another 20 and get better. Martinez would be great but Inter surely wouldn't sell him, Dzeko and Alexi Sanchez will go.

If Simeone really wants Loco and Emerson, then Joao Felix might not cost the earth after all.

He takes Dele's nutmegs to another level! Nifty player, fun to watch.

Hmm, not so sure!.

Holland are not producing much in the way of strikers and with due respect to Depay and Bergwijn, there really isn't much of a pool to choose from.

Bergkamp
Van Basten
Van Persie
Cruyff
Nistelrooy
Klievert
Robben
Gullit
Huntelaar

That's going back some time. Their national team has been in doldrums for years.

Not disputing Bergwijn will benefit from a move and regular football, but there's something about him (fitness?, technique?) which gives me the imression he's not got a big ceiling to aim at.

GL to the guy though.

After seeing that list of strikers: it must be tough as a Dutch supporter looking at the options they have up front nowadays. I think Bergy will do really well there but I agree that his ceiling would have never hit that 'top level' here, he seemed to be missing something, not much presence or ability to dominate when given a chance (Apart from that one magical appearance)

It seems the Dutch league isn't always the best ground for strikers to translate good form to the Premiership unless, as in that list of strikers: they are mostly 'world class'.

Kezman, Janssen, Kluivert, Hesselink, Haller, all scored for fun there, didn't do so well in England. I'm sure he might be prolific over there but I don't think we lose anything by selling him.

Joao Felix is just the type we need. Someone that can unlock the kicker teams that put 10 behind the ball, that we perennially struggle to break down. He breaks the lines, isn’t shy of some trickery and can pass and shoot!
I’d far prefer we add a bit extra to bring in real quality.

Have a suspicion Bergwijn will go on to be a very very good player in a couple years.

What do you base that suspicion on, where is the consistent evidence of quality to support it? His debut goal against citeh was his stepping stone to consolidate his position. Since then only a lonely Leics beacon has shone in an empty ocean, of what Bergwijn hasn't been good enough to do.

Joao Felix is just the type we need. Someone that can unlock the kicker teams that put 10 behind the ball, that we perennially struggle to break down. He breaks the lines, isn’t shy of some trickery and can pass and shoot!
I’d far prefer we add a bit extra to bring in real quality.
That really would be making a statement of intent as would Martinez.

Hmm, not so sure!.

Bergkamp
Van Basten
Van Persie
Cruyff
Nistelrooy
Klievert
Robben
Gullit
Huntelaar

GL to the guy though.

Another reason card is an outward lack of belief.