Summer transfer window thread | Page 145 | Vital Football

Summer transfer window thread

Gary Crosby jumped straight from non league to the top flight too - no league 1 or 2 bedding in or getting experience- from non league and straight into playing in massive games . That takes some balls and ability.
I cannot think of one other player maybe apart from Roy Keane since then who’s managed to do it ?

So did Birtles and Anderson and both were infinitely better than Crosby who was bang average.

I'm not sure its a great decision on his part.
Conte's a great tactician but his style of man management seems more Warnock than Cooper to me.
That’s the flip side. We gave him a ‘home’ when he needed it. Cooper, the club and the fans looked after him, gave him confidence and allowed him to flourish.

The expectations at Spuds are going to be totally different and if he doesn’t hit the ground running he could struggle.

So did Birtles and Anderson and both were infinitely better than Crosby who was bang average.

I meant since Crosby . And Brian Clough didn’t think he was bang average - I’d take his opinion over a trap 2 dwelling snert ( whatever that even means ) thanks 🙏

If we are thinking of paying around £15 million for Neco Williams, why not test the water for Isaiah Jones?
Is Williams the better player?

I like Davis, but I honestly think Villa would struggle to shift him for half the price they’re quoting. He’s a very good Championship striker, but I doubt he’ll be prolific even there. I’m pretty sure the goals he did score for us were against the poorer sides, and while he offered a lot outside of goals, there’s huge questions over whether he can replicate that at a higher level, especially when other sides are going to have more possession and be higher up the pitch against you.

Not saying he’ll never make it in the Prem, just that I’m not sure yet. It’s hard to justify that kind of fee when he’s not even got 10 career goals to his name, and has only scored once in the top flight - especially for a 24 year old.

Agree a few and a few structure for Dovbyk, which I think has been quoted at £10m

go back to Villa and offer them the £6-8m he’s worth and get it done now or walk away

are we still pursuing M G-W at £20m+ too?

I like Davis, but I honestly think Villa would struggle to shift him for half the price they’re quoting. He’s a very good Championship striker, but I doubt he’ll be prolific even there. I’m pretty sure the goals he did score for us were against the poorer sides, and while he offered a lot outside of goals, there’s huge questions over whether he can replicate that at a higher level, especially when other sides are going to have more possession and be higher up the pitch against you.

Not saying he’ll never make it in the Prem, just that I’m not sure yet. It’s hard to justify that kind of fee when he’s not even got 10 career goals to his name, and has only scored once in the top flight - especially for a 24 year old.

Matty Cash has scored more than that in the premier.