Good Morning Thread | Page 513 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

I am aware of a spike in covid emerging and I don't want it. So what to do ? Start wearing a mask again. I had two jabs and a booster over 6 months ago. Are there more due, should I have had another booster by now ? I phoned my doctors surgery.....closed for staff training !! I phoned the Lloyd's pharmacy attached to the doctors and they said I will get a text informing me of my booster. The last was in November so pushing 7 months . How much protection have I got ?
I think the most recent booster was only offered to those over a certain age, could have been as high as 75/80, and maybe those with suppressed immune system. I'm sure someone with better knowledge can tell us. I believe there may be plans for another booster in the autumn.

I am aware of a spike in covid emerging and I don't want it. So what to do ? Start wearing a mask again. I had two jabs and a booster over 6 months ago. Are there more due, should I have had another booster by now ? I phoned my doctors surgery.....closed for staff training !! I phoned the Lloyd's pharmacy attached to the doctors and they said I will get a text informing me of my booster. The last was in November so pushing 7 months . How much protection have I got ?

Probably SFA!

It is possible to get Covid-19 two, three or even more times. As the new variants have emerged, immunity from previous infection and immunisation has reduced over time to almost be negligible after 6 months since last shot, so reinfection has and will become more common as we've all dropped the sensible precautions and those with it have no instruction to self isolate...!

I suspect that the government want most of us to get it now, if you haven't had it already, the new variants are less likely to be deadly serious - or so they've told me! That said, hospitalisations are galloping ahead once again.

Pompey , I can’t help you with your grass problem ….. I have never had grass in any of my gardens as I’m allergic to it’s pollen at this time of year.
I’ve never looked after after it , in fact just the opposite .
Years ago I could hardly breathe if I went anywhere near it when it was being cut .

Our allotment has a lot of grass walkways and I have to be pretty quick to do the watering and get away .

My reaction to it has calmed down a lot , but beer gardens with grass are still off the menu .

Luckily , it’s a short season , last week of June to the last week of July .
Weirdly , I never get it when I go abroad .
Hope you get your problem sorted out mate .
My solution would be to cover it with weed killer!!!! .
Sorry mate .,

Oh so sorry to hear that some of you have contracted the bloody dreaded lurgie again, hope all goes well and get well soon.

Walt and fellow gardeners, just had a lawn expert out to have a look at a dusty bad patch that has occurred in my lawn over the past couple of weeks, looks like it is spreading.

He the expert was/is baffled by it, he contacted an oppo who is/has greater experience, he's coming round tomorrow to have peek at it.

After a discussion about it, ie forking, watering etc, he took two lots of samples, dead grass n soil, away for analysis, must admit the patch has really pissed me off!

Keep safe n sound all, keep the safety measures up.

Didn't Conte have a similar issue? His grass was extremely thin and balding on top but he managed to get it thick and healthy again.

You should write him a letter and ask him his secret to a healthy lawn.

Weather is amazing. Just as well, as I returned from a business trip to Morocco on Friday evening and by Sunday had full on COVID symptoms. Headache behind the eyes, total energy drain, fever, cold, sore throat and no cognitive function to do anything meaningful. The mad thing is that I tested negative twice but can't be sure the old LFT kits are still working.

So I've just treated it as if it is COVID and grounded myself. Whether it is or isn't, I don't wish this on anyone else so decided to stay home. COVID is on the rise again in the UK at the moment with 1 in 45 having it apparently.

Sorry to hear of your symptoms Mutters. It's an awful feeling that I hope you recover from real soon.
Sounds like the old LFT kits are past their use by date, but not our old Mutters eh!

Hang in their buddy and you'll shake this before you know it.

Hope your wife has a wonderful time , mate .
Also hope the Covid stricken family recover quickly and well . Shame for your 2year old Grandaughter .

Is there a lectern in your suite , Hod ?

No lectern Walt, but a few of his books and photos. There's a bidet though! A spa bath, lots of marble, gold and polished timbers etc. Pillow menu , TV in the bathroom built into the wall.

Take care Walt. Hoping your renovations and solar panels are now going to plan.

Interesting interview with Matt Le Tissier and his sacking from Sky .

Always admired Matt. Sky News in Australia sit far more to the right than the anywhere else in the World. They tell it how it is, or should I say certain media political commentators such as Paul Murray, Rowan Dean and the like do.

You have to dig a little deeper than simply quoting or copying links to main stream media to get the truth, and I must say Paul Murray is absolutely fantastic. I have an unusual interest in global politics and trending events, such as the BLM movement which in itself is racist and generally disruptive as Matt pointed out. Paul Murray Live, which is on later at night, takes the politics out of these matters and cuts to the truth of those pushing their agendas.

This one is for y'all, but dedicated to '80

Attachments

• Paul Murray Live 2.jpg
    Paul Murray Live 2.jpg
    476.4 KB · Views: 2
Always admired Matt. Sky News in Australia sit far more to the right than the anywhere else in the World. They tell it how it is, or should I say certain media political commentators such as Paul Murray, Rowan Dean and the like do.

You have to dig a little deeper than simply quoting or copying links to main stream media to get the truth, and I must say Paul Murray is absolutely fantastic. I have an unusual interest in global politics and trending events, such as the BLM movement which in itself is racist and generally disruptive as Matt pointed out. Paul Murray Live, which is on later at night, takes the politics out of these matters and cuts to the truth of those pushing their agendas.

Like I said, follow the money, not the bullshit.

Morning all
Funnily enough this one is about football
Only the English could so devalue two of the best attacking midfielders of their generation.
In Hoddle and Le Tissier
In any other team in Europe they would've built the rest of the squad round them
But not England
Those two guys, phenomal players, scrambled to get England caps.
Amazing....

No lectern Walt, but a few of his books and photos. There's a bidet though! A spa bath, lots of marble, gold and polished timbers etc. Pillow menu , TV in the bathroom built into the wall.

Take care Walt. Hoping your renovations and solar panels are now going to plan.
Thanks Hod ,
The solar panels were finally connected yesterday , two blokes arrived who actually cared about their work and knew their job , dismantled what the other two Herbert’s tried to do on Friday , and put it all together again . Tidied up all the wiring , used a laser beam to set the cables externally , put in twice the amount of fixings , cleaned up after themselves , explained it all to us old codgers what it all meant .
Wonderful . It’s all up and working …. At last !

The plastering was all finished as well , the Orangery is looking brilliant now ….plastering has to dry , although in that heat yesterday it was almost dry before he put it on .

Good plasterer , or spread, as they are known.

Next on the agenda is the plumber on Monday for his first fixing and the floor screed goes down on Tuesday.
That will take a few weeks to dry as it’s about 3 inches thick .
As its drying ,,we can walk on it and get the painting done .

Then the sparkles and plumber can get their second bits done , lights and sockets , radiators etc …and finally the floor layer .

In the meantime we can get our garden sorted out .

We won’t know what to do with ourselves after that ……….. sit and enjoy the kin thing !

Hope you are all well , take care and look after each other .

Sorry to hear of your symptoms Mutters. It's an awful feeling that I hope you recover from real soon.
Sounds like the old LFT kits are past their use by date, but not our old Mutters eh!

Hang in their buddy and you'll shake this before you know it.

Thanks, I'm getting through it. It's about day 5 today and I've just managed to get out there for an hour walk before brekkie. It's the first day that my head feels clear even with the cold and mild cough.

As for the test kits, I pretty much know the result was wrong. That is after my sister tested positive yesterday. After hosting her and my nieces on Saturday I had been texting her to keep an eye on everyone knowing my symptoms emerged on Sunday.

lol - I'm not exactly flavour of the month in their household.

It is a great piece of media for the Sky apologists to see. When you stack that up with Sky growing their annual profits up to about £1.5b over a 10 year period and then pleading poverty to football during COVID, it's another proof point about the toxic company. I feel sad that the average guy and gal that work hard have to pay such high tariffs for pay-per-TV only to see these profits leave our country and head to the US parent company, Comcast.

We definitely need more options entering this market. Netflix was one that totally disrupted the Sky Movies package. Amazon Prime less so. As for sport and football, we need more of the Amazon Prime type options. Showing all games but staggered is a great idea. You watch Spurs first half at 7-30pm and then watch the first 15 mins of another match starting 8-15pm. You then head back to the Spurs second half at 8-30pm and once that is finished watch the second half of the other game starting at 9-15pm. Two and a half hours of uninterrupted football without a single piece of punditry from idiots like Carragher. All 10 of the PL games televised and also available on repeat as full game or highlights. It's a great package, but they only get 2 games a year. I hope Amazon start to take football more seriously.

Actually, artificial grass is now very popular. No hair cuts required. Perhaps that is Pompey's best option, unless he wants to do away with the lawn altogether and just lay in some solar panels in his garden.

I'm not a fan of fake lawns. They are not good for wildlife or the environment. Apparently they don't last that long either....10 to 20 years depending on use. They do need maintenance to keep looking artificial ( realish ). Brushing, cleaning, hoovering etc. The landscaping company adjacent to my shop sell it quite regularly, quite sad, money, money, money.

PY
You probably are cutting your lawn too often and too short, espically in dry weather, however lawns have a great capicity for recovery, give it a water at night, some Iron sulphate or even water with a bag of sugar in it, it'll soon green up, don't spend big dosh on something you can fix easily enough..
Mainly cut it a few CM higher m8..
Thanks for that Niall, I only cut it once a week, not to short, the dead barren area is about 3ft square, it has happened over the last 4 weeks, everywhere else is lush green, its doing my head in, but I will give your ideas a go, by the way the lawn gets watered every night.