Good Morning Thread | Page 512 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

So now you know
Nick and I aren't the same person as even he is guessing.
Hence the name of my band Two River Band
Niall (Nile) and my surname in Colorado
Nile and Colorado Two Rivers.

Well the La Niña weather event is finally over in Queensland, but due to return around our summer holiday season...again. So gone is the rain/floods replaced by clear blue skies.

Taking Mrs Hodd to Port Moresby (PNG) on Sunday for the week, as I do my business. She's joins me once per year to get away from the pressure of her business and running a household. Having said that she'll be doing a million e-mails whilst "relaxing by the pool, drinking cocktails and being waited on hand and foot. They have the "Clinton Suite" reserved for us. Named after Billy Boy who stayed there back when he was president. It's an incredibly beautiful set up. The climate is pretty much the same all year round as its bang on the equator. 34 degree days and 26 degree nights, but very humid. She loves that weather. I, on the other hand much prefer the cold.

How's the British summer treating everyone? I think you had your longest day of the year yesterday as we had our shortest day down under.

Just heard my son, his wife and my 2 year old granddaughter have Covid. It's having a resurgence here on Oz as is Influenza A. My little cup cake had her 2nd birthday yesterday whilst suffering pretty badly with the damn virus.

Hoping everyone is safe and well.Remember..be kind to each other.

Over and out.

Well the La Niña weather event is finally over in Queensland, but due to return around our summer holiday season...again. So gone is the rain/floods replaced by clear blue skies.

Taking Mrs Hodd to Port Moresby (PNG) on Sunday for the week, as I do my business. She's joins me once per year to get away from the pressure of her business and running a household. Having said that she'll be doing a million e-mails whilst "relaxing by the pool, drinking cocktails and being waited on hand and foot. They have the "Clinton Suite" reserved for us. Named after Billy Boy who stayed there back when he was president. It's an incredibly beautiful set up. The climate is pretty much the same all year round as its bang on the equator. 34 degree days and 26 degree nights, but very humid. She loves that weather. I, on the other hand much prefer the cold.

How's the British summer treating everyone? I think you had your longest day of the year yesterday as we had our shortest day down under.

Just heard my son, his wife and my 2 year old granddaughter have Covid. It's having a resurgence here on Oz as is Influenza A. My little cup cake had her 2nd birthday yesterday whilst suffering pretty badly with the damn virus.

Over and out.

Weather is amazing. Just as well, as I returned from a business trip to Morocco on Friday evening and by Sunday had full on COVID symptoms. Headache behind the eyes, total energy drain, fever, cold, sore throat and no cognitive function to do anything meaningful. The mad thing is that I tested negative twice but can't be sure the old LFT kits are still working.

So I've just treated it as if it is COVID and grounded myself. Whether it is or isn't, I don't wish this on anyone else so decided to stay home. COVID is on the rise again in the UK at the moment with 1 in 45 having it apparently.

Weather is amazing. Just as well, as I returned from a business trip to Morocco on Friday evening and by Sunday had full on COVID symptoms. Headache behind the eyes, total energy drain, fever, cold, sore throat and no cognitive function to do anything meaningful. The mad thing is that I tested negative twice but can't be sure the old LFT kits are still working.

So I've just treated it as if it is COVID and grounded myself. Whether it is or isn't, I don't wish this on anyone else so decided to stay home. COVID is on the rise again in the UK at the moment with 1 in 45 having it apparently.

Snap.

Got back yesterday, and have tested positive again.

Hope you feel better soon; I'm utterly drained.

Back to bed for me again now.

Snap.

Got back yesterday, and have tested positive again.

Hope you feel better soon; I'm utterly drained.

Back to bed for me again now.

Sounds like a lot of it going about at the moment. Just to think, everyone assumes that the height of summer is the safest time. Think again.

Take care of yourself and get that sleep. It's the only thing that works as your cognitive function and energy disappear altogether. I was about as useful as a chocolate teapot for the last 3 days !!!

Mutts and Ex, having recently recovered myself I do hope you both come through this (again) quickly. I found the hardest thing after the initial feeling really bad was the total lack of energy and drive. Hopefully you both do overcome it quickly and get properly up to speed. Reduced input on here is not an option!!!

Over and out.
Hope your wife has a wonderful time , mate .
Also hope the Covid stricken family recover quickly and well . Shame for your 2year old Grandaughter .

Is there a lectern in your suite , Hod ?

Ex , Mutters . Sorry to hear you have been got at again . Hope you both recovery quickly and well
I thought I had it after coming back from the Canaries in March , bud every test was negative.
As you Mutters , I kept myself to myself , just in case . It was gone in a few days .
My wife never had any bad symptoms of anything.

Oh so sorry to hear that some of you have contracted the bloody dreaded lurgie again, hope all goes well and get well soon.

Walt and fellow gardeners, just had a lawn expert out to have a look at a dusty bad patch that has occurred in my lawn over the past couple of weeks, looks like it is spreading.

He the expert was/is baffled by it, he contacted an oppo who is/has greater experience, he's coming round tomorrow to have peek at it.

After a discussion about it, ie forking, watering etc, he took two lots of samples, dead grass n soil, away for analysis, must admit the patch has really pissed me off!

Keep safe n sound all, keep the safety measures up.

PY
You probably are cutting your lawn too often and too short, espically in dry weather, however lawns have a great capicity for recovery, give it a water at night, some Iron sulphate or even water with a bag of sugar in it, it'll soon green up, don't spend big dosh on something you can fix easily enough..
Mainly cut it a few CM higher m8..

Oh so sorry to hear that some of you have contracted the bloody dreaded lurgie again, hope all goes well and get well soon.

Walt and fellow gardeners, just had a lawn expert out to have a look at a dusty bad patch that has occurred in my lawn over the past couple of weeks, looks like it is spreading.

He the expert was/is baffled by it, he contacted an oppo who is/has greater experience, he's coming round tomorrow to have peek at it.

After a discussion about it, ie forking, watering etc, he took two lots of samples, dead grass n soil, away for analysis, must admit the patch has really pissed me off!

I have some similar small patches in my lawn PY, mine are caused by ant nests, they are more prominent when we have warm dry spells.

I am aware of a spike in covid emerging and I don't want it. So what to do ? Start wearing a mask again. I had two jabs and a booster over 6 months ago. Are there more due, should I have had another booster by now ? I phoned my doctors surgery.....closed for staff training !! I phoned the Lloyd's pharmacy attached to the doctors and they said I will get a text informing me of my booster. The last was in November so pushing 7 months . How much protection have I got ?

Could we be leather jack (daddy long legs as my daughters call them) pupae, this is the start of the time when they wake up and eat the grass roots - try treating the lawn with nematodes. Of course it could be a bit early, but the weather is screwing up even their body clocks!

See:

https://www.gardening-naturally.com...QyOts6Vep_oz1_EYKoLJc6ULd4Ad7WLhoCiKUQAvD_BwE

Last edited: