Realistic Summer Signings | Page 4 | Vital Football

Realistic Summer Signings

Well, you did suggest it, otherwise it wouldn't have been mentioned 🤣

Ambitions of winning the PL and CL? Really?

Hahaha, linked with an unheard of French kid who can't make his mind up.

Get real.

Amanda Staveley on the clubs ambition. October 7th 2021.

'Premier League football is the best in the world and Newcastle United is the best team in the world.

We want to see it get those trophies. At the top of the Premier League, In Europe, but to get trophies means patience, investment time.

Newcastle United deserves to be top of the Premier League and we want to get there. It’ll take time but we’ll get there.'

Amanda Staveley on the clubs ambition. October 7th 2021.

'Premier League football is the best in the world and Newcastle United is the best team in the world.

We want to see it get those trophies. At the top of the Premier League, In Europe, but to get trophies means patience, investment time.

Newcastle United deserves to be top of the Premier League and we want to get there. It’ll take time but we’ll get there.'

😆😅

I think Michael Knighton once said something similar.

I'm joking, let's see.

Pope now official
Two England internationals in our squad !

Pope is obviously an upgrade on Darlow but I suspect the response from our support will be muted.

I have no memory on how good he is as a shot stopper but Im more interested in his kicking distribution as this should be the biggest reason for signing a keeper when you consider how Howe wants us playing.

Just read a couple of reported quotes from a Burnley forum ‘Up The Clarets‘,

The only thing stopping him from being England number one is his kicking. It’s simply nowhere near good enough for that level.

Brilliant shot stopper, but I guess the question marks over his distribution will be put to the test if Eddie Howe has Newcastle playing out from the back next season…

:slap:

I did mate, although I felt it made the same points.

The positives for me is that he's an upgrade on Darlow, his age, the transfer fee and most of all, he's not rooted to his line as Dubs tends to be, in fact he's lauded for his speed of thought coming off his line as well as a command of his area which is the polar opposite of what we are used to.

The stats surrounding his distribution create a grey area for me insomuch as long clearances and the short passes which allow football playing teams to build from the back are not necessarily comparable.

The comments from some of the Burnley fans creates a wait and see reaction in my head, no where near scepticism mind as so far I have zero reason not to trust Howe and his team.