Realistic Summer Signings | Page 3 | Vital Football

Realistic Summer Signings

Not my point but worth repeating we've got Trippier and Targett for 2 million more than Villa payed for Lucas Digne

Not sure what game it was, it may have been Man City away but aside from that match I don't think Targett got done by anyone and looked every bit the best left back we've had since John Beresford.

Hopefully he wasn't playing for a contract and is going to be part of a long continued new Newcastle where effort is the top statistic. He doesn't seem the sort so an excellent deal for all.

I am confident any signings will be quality and there will be plenty of outgoings(hopefully). Things will move now Ashworth is here

Talk tonight that Sven Botman's agent has flown in to complete the deal after we've supposedly upped our offer. It's also being reported that Milan have backed out and are going for Gleison Bremer from Torino instead.

You fuckin do. No chance.

Why the downer on things at the minute Neppos?

Even in the season prediction thread you have us in 15th - I get you might be trying to keep it realistic in terms of signings to a point but do you really think we will finish in a lower position next season than we did this?

Are you genuinely not daring to dream?

Why the downer on things at the minute Neppos?

Even in the season prediction thread you have us in 15th - I get you might be trying to keep it realistic in terms of signings to a point but do you really think we will finish in a lower position next season than we did this?

Are you genuinely not daring to dream?

We are now what, two weeks away from pre season? And who are we dreaming of? A 20 year old unheard of French kid, who plays up the road and under the nose of PSG, ask yourself 🤣

Well seriously, we have people suggesting the likes of Son and Sterling will come to a club who are in an annual relegation battle rather than guaranteed CL!

Ive not suggested any of those will come rather that they should be the type of player we should go for. This is after all a new regime with the ambition to win the league or champions league in the next few years.

I remember the Summer of 1982 well. We were in the second division. The doldrums basically and we then lured the England captain to play for us. It cost 100 grand. You aim low you get what you've wished for. You aim high and you might just get another Keegan type chapter.

Ive not suggested any of those will come rather that they should be the type of player we should go for. This is after all a new regime with the ambition to win the league or champions league in the next few years.

I remember the Summer of 1982 well. We were in the second division. The doldrums basically and we then lured the England captain to play for us. It cost 100 grand. You aim low you get what you've wished for. You aim high and you might just get another Keegan type chapter.

Well, you did suggest it, otherwise it wouldn't have been mentioned 🤣

Ambitions of winning the PL and CL? Really?

Hahaha, linked with an unheard of French kid who can't make his mind up.

Get real.

Negotiations are difficult and there are over 2 months to go in the transfer market. Many players are on holiday, agents are trying to ramp up prices. I think we will be pleasantly surprised at the incomings, its early days

Negotiations are difficult and there are over 2 months to go in the transfer market. Many players are on holiday, agents are trying to ramp up prices. I think we will be pleasantly surprised at the incomings, its early days

True, Haaland and Nunez are on their jollies