Season tickets | Page 4 | Vital Football

Season tickets

https://www.pnefc.net/news/2022/june/a-thank-you-from-peter-ridsdale/#.YpuPm7bbM3I.link

Super job from Preston. I know a couple of folk who received such leaflets who live around the Chorley area. Shows what you can do with a proper concentrated effort. As a club and fanbase, we don't do enough to reach out to those folk who live in and around the borough rather than just the town itself.

I agree! We should be reaching out to areas like St Helens, Skem, Atherton, Warrington etc.. Even good ol' sunny Runcorn. I remember during our premier league years I bumped into a couple of new fans who seemed to wear their latics shirts with pride. Sadly following the relegations we have had, I've noticed how said fans have gone back to wearing Liverpool shirts 🤔

Thing is with that Nob End effort they have communicated with the fans and supporters at every milestone which keeps the interest going.
With us there has hardly been any communication at all since the day we picked up the trophy. Ironically we have won awards for fan engagement.

Thing is with that Nob End effort they have communicated with the fans and supporters at every milestone which keeps the interest going.
With us there has hardly been any communication at all since the day we picked up the trophy. Ironically we have won awards for fan engagement.

Have you been on the club website lately? There is plenty of communication from the club on there. You are not expecting them to contact individuals are you.

Have you been on the club website lately? There is plenty of communication from the club on there. You are not expecting them to contact individuals are you.
Oh here we go. Of course I've been on the website. I have seen nothing of Pre season friendlies, Ticket prices, Season card sales, potential signings, new kits and what our aims are for the season.
The sort of information that you would expect to keep fans buzzing.

People who don't usually go to games won't look on the website.
We need more than word of mouth to attract more fans.
I can understand the lack of communication were new signings are concerned. But more needs to be done to attract new fans.

I'd say we had around 6600 ST holders last season but what are the club doing to increase that number?

No one looks at the club website. I could probably count on one hand the number of times I’ve gone on there across the last year if not including buying tickets.

Yes I’m absolutely expecting them to contact individuals, specifically those who haven’t renewed or those on the system without a ST but bought tickets for at least half our games last season. The season is over, right now ST sales should be the number one priority of the marketing team at the club. Jeff is spot on regarding keeping fans up to date as well. Social media is a very powerful tool and keeping fans informed of numbers etc builds excitement and word of mouth. As fans we aren’t innocent. We can do far more as well as Preston fans have shown, but the club need to rally the support so to speak. Encourage us to get off our arses, create posters/leaflets etc for us to post through letterboxes and splatter all round the town and borough. It takes a village, not just a couple of individuals.

You want excitement, how about this from Port Vale. Outstanding.

People who don't usually go to games won't look on the website.
We need more than word of mouth to attract more fans.
I can understand the lack of communication were new signings are concerned. But more needs to be done to attract new fans.

I'd say we had around 6600 ST holders last season but what are the club doing to increase that number?
Nothing it appears as yet.

Sometimes, just sometimes, I wonder if Violet Elizabeth Bott was based on a Tics fan.

:rolleyes:

No one looks at the club website. I could probably count on one hand the number of times I’ve gone on there across the last year if not including buying tickets........

:slap:

In that case, you'll have missed (amongst shitloads of other stuff):

https://wiganathletic.com/news/2022/may/20/order-special-edition-champions-book/

https://wiganathletic.com/news/2022...t-to-join-our-junior-supporters-focus-group-/

Foiled again. Don’t do twitter and the other crap. This should be done by the official Latic site then us oldies could enter

Foiled again. Don’t do twitter and the other crap. This should be done by the official Latic site then us oldies could enter
Once upon a time Taff, there was no internet ......no club website.

Things move on.

Contrary to what you may have heard, you could set up an account and then only follow selected accounts, eg The Cub and Talal .......you'd see nothing else, and no crap.

Not interested. My point us certain things that involve fans of the club should go through the main football site and not other media. All fans should have a chance

Not interested. My point us certain things that involve fans of the club should go through the main football site and not other media. All fans should have a chance

All fans do have a chance. All they have to do is to post a photo on his thread. If they choose not to use twitter, then I suppose that's their right.

If someone didn't use the internet at all, then having no access to the club website would negatively affect them in a similar manner. Personally, I don't see the difference.

Sorry Mooney your point is jus argumentation bullshit. Wigan Athletic official info comes through the club announcements. Twitter is Not official but something some individuals use and is a generational thing. It can be used as an outlet but not as the main one

Sorry Mooney your point is jus argumentation bullshit. Wigan Athletic official info comes through the club announcements. Twitter is Not official but something some individuals use and is a generational thing. It can be used as an outlet but not as the main one

Taff, he's the bloody Chairman ! I'm sure that info re the new kit will come via the official site (and Club twitter account). However, this was just a bit of an add-on, ... a freebie, ... a marketing carrot.

As for Twitter being a generational thing, sorry mate, but I guarantee you that people of all ages are on there.

Any road ... your loss.

I've never been advertised to on Facebook, Google etc.

We do a good job of fan management, but our fan outreach has always been pretty lacking outside of the Wigan area. I've never heard or seen a school or football team here being given tickets and all it takes is one kid to goto a game and like it and they are hooked for life. We've even been buying up our row with our neighbour's, friends etc. And if word of mouth works it really means they need to get a bum on a seat and they immerse them in our club culture.

No loss whatsoever. It was still an announcement by the Chairman and should be done in a way that reaches us all not just a few. I don’t know many people who like or use twitter of any age. Thankfully. No doubt you cannot accept my point of view and will once act one back for the last word