Summer transfer window thread | Vital Football

Summer transfer window thread

The problem with playoffs is we will be three weeks behind anyone as we will not know if we are in Premier or championship. We can assume we will have money to spend but unsure if we are strengthening present squad or replacing much of present squad. Players of the calibre of Rothwell Wallace and Swift are available but wi

We are looking at Twine from MK Dons and rumoured to still be interested in Longelo at West Ham. We are also meant to be one of a number of clubs watching Kane Wilson from Forest Green who has torn up league two this season.

There will be players we look to take whether we are in the Prem or the Championship but for the most part I would say we will be working with two lists until we know for sure…

The problem with playoffs is we will be three weeks behind anyone as we will not know if we are in Premier or championship. We can assume we will have money to spend but unsure if we are strengthening present squad or replacing much of present squad. Players of the calibre of Rothwell Wallace and Swift are available but wi
That's fine- we did it to ourselves last year anyway by doing absolutely fuck all until a handful of weeks before the season. Something to do with a honeymoon?

No reason not to make offers now to those out of contract players - Bowler, Rothwell and Wallace. Can be an offer of X for a prem league place, and an offer of Y if we are still in this league next season.

Longolo is a player I'd love Cooper to get his hands on. If West Ham bought Worrall (Assuming we miss out) then 15m+ and Longolo is a deal.

The good thing is is that great championship ability players will see us as a very good bet now (if we don’t go up) Atmosphere has changed thanks to coops. Only question is whether the team can gel quickly enough next season as there will be a lot of new players

I guess in an ideal world if we don’t go up we give him a lucrative contract and he stays for another year at least. Brentford doesn’t sound that appealing and would he play regularly in most prem teams? Not sure. He’ll be a better player in a year

The good thing is is that great championship ability players will see us as a very good bet now (if we don’t go up) Atmosphere has changed thanks to coops. Only question is whether the team can gel quickly enough next season as there will be a lot of new players
I don’t see this as much of a problem anymore, it didn’t take Cooper long to get them playing well under him when he first took over and none of the squad were Cooper signings at this stage. This summer is going to be very interesting to watch as he brings in more of his choice players. I’ve said all along that our real strength is with the manager and his back room staff and not the players. I’m very optimistic about next season and I haven’t felt like this in a long, long time

I don’t see this as much of a problem anymore, it didn’t take Cooper long to get them playing well under him when he first took over and none of the squad were Cooper signings at this stage. This summer is going to be very interesting to watch as he brings in more of his choice players. I’ve said all along that our real strength is with the manager and his back room staff and not the players. I’m very optimistic about next season and I haven’t felt like this in a long, long time

You are probably correct. I wonder if we will buy Lowe or not. Would he be prepared to play second fiddle to Colback? Assuming garner doesn’t come back we’ve got Yates, Colback, ojeda and Cafu. I think we are lacking a bit in the goal scoring department but overall we’ve got the making of a solid team. Think Worrall will stay for another year