The Matty Cash Thread | Page 23 | Vital Football

The Matty Cash Thread

I think Cash has been fantastic last few games. Real improvement and only behind PC in best performer recently.

If he carries on like this he will be in the Engkand thinking. I wouldn't be swapping Cash for an unproven yet as that isn't challenging for Europe next level thinking . If we want next level then we keep Cash and see if he maintains these levels and gets better or we actually go and get better which will cost. But then next level from where we are does cost.

I would have dismissed a link with A Madrid as lazy because of Trippier being there previously, both full backs etc etc .But Romano is one of the more correct ITK's .

Interesting.....
Huh

I think he'll be off. He's having a great season as well, currently the best performing full back in Ligue 1.

I'm not having that. I did notice he was named in some French team of the season so far, but he's a million miles behind Hakimi

I'm not having that. I did notice he was named in some French team of the season so far, but he's a million miles behind Hakimi

I'm not saying that Hakimi isn't a better player just that Freddy is probably doing more for his team. I mean how much does a PSG fullback need to actually do in the average ligue 1 game.

Was only a month ago people were saying he's crap and needed replacing. 😂

In all fairness he was poor for a spell, especially the Watford game however everyone else was as bad.

IMO he was one of our best performers at the start of the season, then for the large swath in the middle he was average and recently he’s probably played the best football of his life.

The way he’s played recently I think you gamble that he’s going to get better and better.

Never in a million years will we sell an international right back playing the best football of his career and replace him with a kid who hasn't kicked the ball properly in anger at Premier league level. If we sell we replace at least like for like.

We are supposed to be challenging for Europe next season, no ?.

Never in a million years will we sell an international right back playing the best football of his career and replace him with a kid who hasn't kicked the ball properly in anger at Premier league level. If we sell we replace at least like for like.

We are supposed to be challenging for Europe next season, no ?.

Liverpool are always challenging. Didn't stop them throwing TAA in at the deep end at the age of 18.

Surely it just depends if they're good enough. I have no idea if he is. I've liked what I've seen though.

But if SG and the coaching staff believe he is then it would make perfect sense to 'Cash-in' and give him a go.

We signed him for what...16m and Atletico want to sign him for 40m?
If that happens we'll have to rename him Matty Cash.....hold on a minute :slap:

Cash is absolute gash and if we can get anywhere near £40m from Atletico we should take their hand off.

I don't really think this; just pre-empting some of the comments I expect to see over the weekend as I expect Matty will be in for a torid time against Martinelli this afternoon.