Transfer Window - Summer 2022 | Vital Football

Transfer Window - Summer 2022

There is talk that Poch has demanded the signing of Kane as a proviso of accepting the United job. I think it would be a good deal to screw them and re-invest the money. Sadly most recent signs are they will go for Ten Hag.

Im not changing my tune.

Dybala
McKennie
Bale
DeKetelaere
DeVrij
Torres
Dest
Latauro
Meret
Gravenberch
Pulisic

( B-Johnson; F-Ebosele; B-Mensah; K-L-Potter; ...)

We need huge investment otherwise we'll just be papering over the cracks again.

McKennie & a CB. Milenkovic looks like he'll be available with only a year left on his current contract. He'd be a good addition to the team.

I'd like to see Dybala come here but i just don't see it tbh. Not unless we can bag a CL place & that's looking increasingly unlikely at the moment.

The reason i've listed the players above is because of Paddy's connections in Italy make it far more likely we'd be successful. If we were to sign an Englishman i think i'd have a heart attack.

We have so much average all over the squad I can't see any positives going forward at the moment.

I'm not writing Kulu off but it's pretty obvious he isn't the level we needed to progress. Other areas were far more important to fix.

Since Fabio arrived I'm seeing a quantity over quality approach and trust me it will fail.

Also you can't rebuild by buying overseas players all the time. There must come a time we buy players from the Premiership. If that means we have to pay 50m for the right player so be it.

I'm not seeing many positives with our transfer philosophy I'm afraid.

so we sold 4 offensive players and bought 1. Were 2:0 down and he subs in the 80th minute a wingback. like for like. I looked at the bench and that was his only offensive change he could make. for me that was bad management selling all 4. Without getting decent backup. When 1 or 2 of our attackers are injured we wont win anyhting anymore. We are so thin in attacking areas. I hope not but I believe the rest of the season will be very unpleasant for us.

The only transfer I’m interested in in the summer is a bank transfer .

One that opens the same day as the window .

our one never opens until it starts getting cold and the window is closing and we get all the offers everyone else has turned down .
I just wonder what our team would look like if we achieved the transfer of only half of the players we were associated with , but turned down .
It’s now been reported by EX that Ward Prowse turned us down . Not the club , not his agent , but him . He doesn’t want to play for us .
How many other players have the same thoughts . ?

We all know the date the window opens .
What about taking the novel approach and starting business a month or two before that date , don’t allow the transfer team to go on holiday , like they always seem to , get out there and persuade good players to think they actually want to play for us .
not much to ask for is it .
The Diaz approach is what we need . He knew where he was going six months ago . He just thought he was going to see the season out where he was , until our half hearted dealings .

Out of the current squad I think Lloris, Romero, Bentancur, Skipp, Kulusevski, Son and Kane are of a quality I would class as 'top 4'.

Reguilon, Dier, Hojbjerg, Winks, Lucas, Tanganga and Bergwijn are of a top 10 quality, most of the time, with capabilities of performing at a top 4 level - but rarely show it. Out of all of them, I think Bergwijn could benefit the most under Conte.

Sanchez, Davies and Doherty are simply not able to reach top 4 level any more. They may have the odd game where they play a blinder but they are mid-table quality.

I refuse to make judgement on Royal, Rodon, Gollini or Sessegnon yet. I think Royal is young and its only his first season in the PL. I've seen plenty of players arrive and look like total arse but suddenly look loads better in their second season. Gollini has hardly played and I don't like to judge players unless they have a run of games. Rodon hasnt been given a chance and he must be terrible in training if he cannot get in ahead of Sanchez or Davies at the moment. Sessegnon is still young, has had horrible injury issues and needs regular game time. There is definitely a player there, but the club are failing him at the moment.

Typical; N'dombele was outstanding for Lyon in their win, Lo Celso so the same (but a draw against Real Madrid...and Gil has already impressed so much that they're desperate to extend his loan and keep him in Valencia.

And after the pile of shite I had to watch yesterday I would have begged all three o be used. Even they at their worst are better than we now have.

There's not much to shout about at the moment, if anything we're treading water. Next window will be massive for us. Will it be enough though?

Doubt it, we're years off, and now if we finish where I suspect were heading, it will be almost impossible to get in some of the types/standards of players we need.

We looks an absolute mess.
Our recruitment has been a shambles admittedly but do you not feel we have specific targets in mind to fill those holes? I'm not holding out much hope for landing them though with the results we've seen over the past week or two.

Typical; N'dombele was outstanding for Lyon in their win, Lo Celso so the same (but a draw against Real Madrid...and Gil has already impressed so much that they're desperate to extend his loan and keep him in Valencia.

And after the pile of shite I had to watch yesterday I would have begged all three o be used. Even they at their worst are better than we now have.
You have to question why it is a player like Lo Celso can be lauded for his performances for Argentina and now at his loan club yet apparently cannot produce at the same level in a Spurs shirt. Ditto with the other two you mention. Just confirms to me that there is something going on in the background at our club which is acting like a cancer and needs cutting out.

What is very evident is Spurs fans also have to curb their expectations. I've lost count of how many times I've heard people say Kulusevski is not at the level we need. I don't think some people realise how far we have fallen in such a short time. Kulusevski is an absolute coup for our club! We saw yesterday that he has more creativity in his little toe than anyone else we have. Bentancur the same.

The fans need to direct their anger at Levy and Lewis. Levy is the main reason we are where we are now. His appalling decision making in recent years really has been catastrophic. Lewis is just a soulless blood-sucker. The fans cannot keep dragging the team down. Yes, the mistakes are frustrating, but we have a squad filled with players who have lacked confidence for years... will booing them help?

"But I pay good money to see th... blah blah blah."

That is your choice and surely a better way to spend your time would be to have some fun singing, chanting and trying to lift the team? How many of our current team have their own songs for example?

What is very evident is Spurs fans also have to curb their expectations. I've lost count of how many times I've heard people say Kulusevski is not at the level we need. I don't think some people realise how far we have fallen in such a short time. Kulusevski is an absolute coup for our club! We saw yesterday that he has more creativity in his little toe than anyone else we have. Bentancur the same.

The fans need to direct their anger at Levy and Lewis. Levy is the main reason we are where we are now. His appalling decision making in recent years really has been catastrophic. Lewis is just a soulless blood-sucker. The fans cannot keep dragging the team down. Yes, the mistakes are frustrating, but we have a squad filled with players who have lacked confidence for years... will booing them help?

"But I pay good money to see th... blah blah blah."

That is your choice and surely a better way to spend your time would be to have some fun singing, chanting and trying to lift the team? How many of our current team have their own songs for example?
Good point Matic.....I probably won't be popular for saying so but the 'Come On You Spuuuurs' chant is a real dirge which isn't likely to inspire or gee up anyone. We need to hear more of the upbeat songs like the Dele one and the old 'Nice One Cyril' which has been adapted to fit Sonny.

Out of the current squad I think Lloris, Romero, Bentancur, Skipp, Kulusevski, Son and Kane are of a quality I would class as 'top 4'.

Reguilon, Dier, Hojbjerg, Winks, Lucas, Tanganga and Bergwijn are of a top 10 quality, most of the time, with capabilities of performing at a top 4 level - but rarely show it. Out of all of them, I think Bergwijn could benefit the most under Conte.

Sanchez, Davies and Doherty are simply not able to reach top 4 level any more. They may have the odd game where they play a blinder but they are mid-table quality.

I refuse to make judgement on Royal, Rodon, Gollini or Sessegnon yet. I think Royal is young and its only his first season in the PL. I've seen plenty of players arrive and look like total arse but suddenly look loads better in their second season. Gollini has hardly played and I don't like to judge players unless they have a run of games. Rodon hasnt been given a chance and he must be terrible in training if he cannot get in ahead of Sanchez or Davies at the moment. Sessegnon is still young, has had horrible injury issues and needs regular game time. There is definitely a player there, but the club are failing him at the moment.

Whilst Romero and Bentancur are better than anything we currently have it's way too early to say they are top 4 quality. They haven't proven anything for us yet.

Kulu and Skippy are nowhere near it yet.

We have 3 proven players and for me all 3 are on the decline.

Good point Matic.....I probably won't be popular for saying so but the 'Come On You Spuuuurs' chant is a real dirge which isn't likely to inspire or gee up anyone. We need to hear more of the upbeat songs like the Dele one and the old 'Nice One Cyril' which has been adapted to fit Sonny.

Yep, I agree with you. COME ON YOU SPURS sounds fuuuuucking depressing everytime I hear it. I may well make a separate topic on this.

I think we should have kept Gil but Conte clearly doesn't rate him.

Couldn't careless about lo Celso and Ndombele. They didn't deliver here under numerous managers.