Good Morning Thread | Page 400 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Well, we could always discuss how I now have a small colony of parakeets visiting my garden every day and how a club I played on Monday has a huge amount of the buggers - how do they manage to survive?!

Did some loony let a whole colony out all at once?!
EX...there are bloody colonies of Parakeets and the like all over England, there are larger species, South American varieties, in Kent n Essex, the midlands have loads of Cockatiels, Aussie of course, just to name a couple of area's.

The have become hardy buggers, survivalists lol!

Late afternoon all, sun is going down, no smutty comments please, ok if you must!

Got some bleedin bad news today for Mrs PY after her good news yesterday, to the QA for her other eye opp on 7th Dec", she is well chuffed.

Then the bad news today, changing her 2 to a 3 seater sofa is easy enough, but not viable to reupholster the other 2 seater or the swivel recliner, plus the style we have is no longer made in their line anymore.

If we replace the whole lot, more bloody dosh, but its the getting rid of the existing suite we have now.

So now have to wait and see what the upholsterer has to say and pick a style that is similar to our now style.
Things are sent to try eh!

She who must be obeyed ain't bleedin happy! think that's an understatement lol!

Any way going to get us an early Dinner so can watch the game in peace.

Cheers all have a merry evening whist watching the match.

You are a sentimental old fool Nick .

My first wife took me to the cleaners as well .
It took me a long while to get over that , i had absolutely nothing , she even staged a bogus break in at the house that I had left , and only my possessions got taken , including things like my grandads darts . I will never forgive her for that .
I was living out of bin liners , stacked in the back of my car . Cleaning my teeth when I got to work in the morning . Then my mate took me in .

But , I wouldn’t change anything for the love and life I have now .
It took me a while , I built the proverbial brick wall around myself , but my wife smashed that down ten seconds after I met her .

I’ve just celebrated the best twenty years of my life ( eighteen of them married )……. so she tells me :rofl:.

Sorry to hear about your first wife Walt, but you're all the better for it. Isn't it funny, or weird that to enjoy true love and care, we fist need to get put through the ringer! It had made you stronger and wiser, and ultimately brought both you and Mrs Walt together.

Sorry to hear about your first wife Walt, but you're all the better for it. Isn't it funny, or weird that to enjoy true love and care, we fist need to get put through the ringer! It had made you stronger and wiser, and ultimately brought both you and Mrs Walt together.
Oh yes ,,,,,, me and my wife have made what we have so wonderful . We are both on our second marriage , neither of us were looking for it when we met, but I’m the happiest I’ve ever been , the luckiest man in the world , married to the most amazing woman in every sense of the word .

Late afternoon all, sun is going down, no smutty comments please, ok if you must!

Got some bleedin bad news today for Mrs PY after her good news yesterday, to the QA for her other eye opp on 7th Dec", she is well chuffed.

Then the bad news today, changing her 2 to a 3 seater sofa is easy enough, but not viable to reupholster the other 2 seater or the swivel recliner, plus the style we have is no longer made in their line anymore.

If we replace the whole lot, more bloody dosh, but its the getting rid of the existing suite we have now.

So now have to wait and see what the upholsterer has to say and pick a style that is similar to our now style.
Things are sent to try eh!

She who must be obeyed ain't bleedin happy! think that's an understatement lol!

Any way going to get us an early Dinner so can watch the game in peace.

Cheers all have a merry evening whist watching the match.
Getting rid of a three piece suite reminded me of what happened to us a lot of years ago .
When I was single , back in Walthamstow ,,one of our mates had just bought a new three piece suite ,,
The problem was that he lived on the eighteenth floor of a tower block , slap bang next door to Leyton Orient football ground .
He had a partial view of the pitch .
The delivery guys took the new one up but refused to take the old one away .
The lifts had broken down weeks ago and were not expected to be repaired in the foreseeable future, which was quite normal back then .
So he asked three of us to help him get the old one away .
It wasn’t uncommon back then to chuck a lot of the unwanted stuff over the balcony , but we thought eighteen floors up was a bit too dodgy , for a three piece suite .
So , two of us got hold of one armchair and carried it down the stairs .
Then the other two carried the second one down the stairs , as they got halfway down , they met two blokes carrying the first chair back up !!!
A conversation started up where it was discovered that our mates suite was better that the other blokes suite and he had seen the first armchair dumped by the bins and thought ,” I could do with that .”
So we all got together and took “our“ suite to the tenth floor , , two of us then went to the bottom , while the other four chucked mateys suite over the top .
The tenth floor seemed ok as long as someone was on the lookout. Being knackered made it look safer as well .

we all retired to the pub afterwards and they remained our mates for years after .
Funny , brilliant times .
The drop smashed the backs of the chairs quite a bit and we could get them into the bins , which were about six foot diameter and about eight foot high .

I've been like a fish out of water since march 2020 when Australia slammed shut our international borders, ending my monthly trips to Papau New Guinea. I loved that life. Flying business class, staying in 6 star resorts in Port Moresby with my own butler and also travelling to Lae, PNG, the gateway to the Highlands and Gold Fields. Having armed guards pick me up from the airport in Lae and drive me 30 miles through the jungle to my hotel, as opposed to a chauffer in Port Moresby.

There was some hope that I'd recommence that life in Feb 2022, as I no longer have to self quarantine in PNG for 14 days at $1000 per night. I can also return to Australia without 14 days q'tine once Queensland get to 90% double vaxxed....but that ain't going to happen.

On top of that, Covid is running rampant in PNG, with ignorance being a huge factor. I only found out yesterday that a mate of mine, The GM of a massive Gold Mine, had passed away at the age of 47, with Covid. Their hospitals and medical resources are rubbish. With my health the way it is, and my respiratory system in terrible condition, it would be tantamount to suicide if I went anywhere near the place, and I definitely don't want to bring the virus back with me, like so many have done lately.

OK, off to take on Friday and all it can throw at me. Not a good start with the Mura result, but let's worry about things that I can influence eh!

Wont be long brefore black Friday the new strain of greed virus spreads to 365 days a year! Then the shops will introduce one day called White friday....(but they cannot obviously PC call it that) so it will be ....Thank God its not Black Friday Day

As I did not know its origin I looked it up....goes down to....

The earliest evidence of the phrase Black Friday originated in Philadelphia, dating back to 1961, where it was used by police to describe the heavy pedestrian and vehicular traffic that would occur on the day after Thanksgiving.

Not many people know that!

Getting rid of a three piece suite reminded me of what happened to us a lot of years ago .
When I was single , back in Walthamstow ,,one of our mates had just bought a new three piece suite ,,
The problem was that he lived on the eighteenth floor of a tower block , slap bang next door to Leyton Orient football ground .
He had a partial view of the pitch .
The delivery guys took the new one up but refused to take the old one away .
The lifts had broken down weeks ago and were not expected to be repaired in the foreseeable future, which was quite normal back then .
So he asked three of us to help him get the old one away .
It wasn’t uncommon back then to chuck a lot of the unwanted stuff over the balcony , but we thought eighteen floors up was a bit too dodgy , for a three piece suite .
So , two of us got hold of one armchair and carried it down the stairs .
Then the other two carried the second one down the stairs , as they got halfway down , they met two blokes carrying the first chair back up !!!
A conversation started up where it was discovered that our mates suite was better that the other blokes suite and he had seen the first armchair dumped by the bins and thought ,” I could do with that .”
So we all got together and took “our“ suite to the tenth floor , , two of us then went to the bottom , while the other four chucked mateys suite over the top .
The tenth floor seemed ok as long as someone was on the lookout. Being knackered made it look safer as well .

we all retired to the pub afterwards and they remained our mates for years after .
Funny , brilliant times .
The drop smashed the backs of the chairs quite a bit and we could get them into the bins , which were about six foot diameter and about eight foot high .
Brilliant Walt, weird thing is that a similar thing happened to Mrs Py and myself, though not as high up, only the 5th floor, also not a happy time but a sad time for us.

My baby Brother had passed away, 50 yrs old, 13 years ago, he had caught Menangitus, though he was very ill anyway, thus as you can see a very sad time, this meant we had to clear out his flat, while we were thinking how can we get this stuff out incl the 3 piece suite, along came a sharp as you like rather large little old lady offering if the suite was free she would have it, great we said, along come her 3 big burley sons, away went the suite, on looking out the window we saw another suite flying out of a next door blocks 2nd floor flat, it still makes us smile.

This taking away of the 3 piece, gave us an idea, put a sign up of "Help yourself" a magician couldn't have cleared the flat quicker, so basically we helped the needy, so good job done.

We did keep many momento's of my Bruv, which we then gave to his son n daughter, who lived up the Norf, Darlington way.
The Son has a career in the Army Air Corp, Helo Engineer, has some stories about Ginger Twat, the Daughter is a Professional Carer.

Even though it was a sad time, we did have a good laugh at the shenanigans of the clearance, knowing my Baby Bruv would have appreciated it.

Wont be long brefore black Friday the new strain of greed virus spreads to 365 days a year! Then the shops will introduce one day called White friday....(but they cannot obviously PC call it that) so it will be ....Thank God its not Black Friday Day

As I did not know its origin I looked it up....goes down to....

The earliest evidence of the phrase Black Friday originated in Philadelphia, dating back to 1961, where it was used by police to describe the heavy pedestrian and vehicular traffic that would occur on the day after Thanksgiving.

Not many people know that!
Geavsie much appreciation for that info, I/we really wanted to know that! your getting as bad as Nick lol!

Both had our boosters yesterday. My wife is suffering a bit , painful arm and feels a bit shite. My arm has a little discomfort but I'm not showing it !!
The booster was Moderna.
Now we have the threat of a new mutation from Africa, already found its way to Europe. Will the booster cover it ?

What does THC work for?

There is nothing that it is good for that is recognised by any serious research on it's own, Medicinal Cannabis is a slightly different equation:

Does cannabis have medicinal benefits?
Cannabis contains active ingredients called cannabinoids. 2 of these – tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD) – are the active ingredients of a prescription drug called Sativex. This is used to relieve the pain of muscle spasms in multiple sclerosis.
Another cannabinoid drug, called Nabilone, is sometimes used to relieve sickness in people having chemotherapy for cancer.
Clinical trials are under way to test cannabis-based drugs for other conditions including cancer pain, the eye disease glaucoma, appetite loss in people with HIV or AIDS, and epilepsy in children.
Read the latest updates on cannabis, cannabinoids and cancer – the evidence so far on the Cancer Research UK website.

As for Cannabis use;

Cannabis and mental health
Regular cannabis use increases the risk of developing a psychotic illness, such as schizophrenia.
A psychotic illness is one where you have hallucinations (seeing things that are not really there) and delusions (believing things that are not really true).
The risk of developing a psychotic illness is higher in people who:
  • start using cannabis at a young age
  • smoke stronger types, such as skunk
  • smoke it regularly
  • use it for a long time
  • smoke cannabis and also have other risk factors for schizophrenia, such as a family history of the illness
Cannabis also increases the risk of a relapse in people who already have schizophrenia, and it can make psychotic symptoms worse.

Users of cannabis are after a period of prolonged use in even small quantities are often unable to recognise that they are suffering from obvious symptoms of delusional behaviour.

It all depends on the quality of the cannabis and how much you intake. Because the UK is red hot on clamping down on it, the cannabis quality here is shocking. I personally wouldn't touch anything here. I am also not a smoker.

Go to Amsterdam where it's regulated and the quality is on another level. Same goes for certain states in America.

I know plenty of people who have treated themselves with Cannabis or CBD for numerous reasons.

I know a woman who has been on cannabis oil for over two years fighting cancer. It's slowed it down where the chemotherapy and radiotherapy failed. Not surprising considering those two treatments are like setting off a nuclear bomb in your system.

My wife had cancer markers through the roof 5 years ago when she had pre cancerous tumour in her thyroid. The CBD oil is THC free but top end quality CBD. Her cancer markers have dropped dramatically ever since. That isn't a coincidence.

I use CBD for arthritis in my hands and polyps on my gallbladder. Really helps with my inflammation.

It all depends on the quality of the cannabis and how much you intake. Because the UK is red hot on clamping down on it, the cannabis quality here is shocking. I personally wouldn't touch anything here. I am also not a smoker.

Go to Amsterdam where it's regulated and the quality is on another level. Same goes for certain states in America.

I know plenty of people who have treated themselves with Cannabis or CBD for numerous reasons.

I know a woman who has been on cannabis oil for over two years fighting cancer. It's slowed it down where the chemotherapy and radiotherapy failed. Not surprising considering those two treatments are like setting off a nuclear bomb in your system.

My wife had cancer markers through the roof 5 years ago when she had pre cancerous tumour in her thyroid. The CBD oil is THC free but top end quality CBD. Her cancer markers have dropped dramatically ever since. That isn't a coincidence.

I use CBD for arthritis in my hands and polyps on my gallbladder. Really helps with my inflammation.
What CBD do you use RD, if you don't mind me asking?