The January Transfer Thread 2022 | Page 16 | Vital Football

The January Transfer Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going off media headlines that recycle the same shit story for clicks this one's a beaut from Transfer Tavern- In form PL team (Norwich 🤣only won 2 all season) after 45k p/w " unplayable" Villa ace (Keinan Davis, yes he's unplayable, that's because he's always bloody injured!!!)
If this is journalism then David Williams deserves a literary prize for Gangsta Granny :slap:

Read a couple of 'reports' saying Dougie wants to leave Villa..... with Roma sniffing.

Should make a tidy profit on him if that's the case.

I really like our Doug but if we got a good fee for him I’d take it. Ship then AEG too 40-50M would be great.
Yep, with you on this, like him, but the midfield needs revamping. So get the right price and I’d be ok about it.

Can just hear Slimy Genius Purslow now.

Off mike - ‘ Yeah , ha ha , the peasants believed me last time so I’ll use it again‘.

Mike on.

‘We have bought these 3 goalkeepers as we think they each have an attribute to replace what Martinez has‘.

:slap:

Can just hear Slimy Genius Purslow now.

Off mike - ‘ Yeah , ha ha , the peasants believed me last time so I’ll use it again‘.

Mike on.

‘We have bought these 3 goalkeepers as we think they each have an attribute to replace what Martinez has‘.

:slap:
I think Purslow was being genuine, he really thought he could buy three players to plug the gaps. That’s naivety not deception. Unfortunately, one player will never equate to another because they are all individuals. He had to attempt to fill the Jack sized void and obviously tried to rationalise why we had bought those three players in particular. I don’t see any conspiracy here.

Well, whatever we had lined up two weeks ago will now be on the back burner until Steven decides what he needs unless anyone thinks Lange and Purslow just sign random players without any input from the main man who has to work with them.

Think we need to cash in on him if his contract expires in 2023. I really like Dougie, I think he’ll go on to be an established Champs League player but equally he’s not irreplaceable for us and what we need.
I can’t really see why Dougie would think he’d be better off at any of the clubs that are likely be interested in him. He is with a club with big ambitions, and as he is still young, those ambitions have a strong chance of being realised well within his playing career. However, I agree that if he isn’t prepared to sign a new contract then we should move him on asap, rather than run the risk of losing him for nothing in 2023.

Status
Not open for further replies.