Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 1615 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Just ignore him. I found the reception that GazBaz got when he first came back to VP slightly embarrassing - waving false bank notes at him was puerile IMHO.

I have more of a grudge towards MCFC actually, A historically unsuccessful club which had a dose of good fortune and now gives it the Billy Big Bollocks.

Last edited:
I said a lot of fans are ambivalent, some hero worshipped him and feel let down, so might well boo, if he started kissing the badge or celebrated too much scoring, he'd get it with all barrels but I very much doubt that he would celebrate.

Hopefully we never find out but I reckon he'll happily slide on his knees kissing the badge (I suspect his brain is someway behind his body in that respect)
He handled the move quite classlessly imho and expect he'll get much more vitriol as a result.

It will be fascinating to see what business Newcastle do in the January window.

I can't see any mature, quality players or internationals being prepared to join a club languishing at the foot of the table.

I've obviously missed it, but was wondering what YKW stands for? Reckon I could have a decent stab at the W though.

My bet is he'll still be injured until after the game .
Actually, I expect the younger generation to applaud him as they won't see man city as the over 40s see them, they'll see it as he had no choice to dump little Villa to go to this massive champions league club, whereas any one over 40 thinks he a snake and Man City are a scumbag club and Not Real Madrid
They better see them the way we see them, or else :punch::punch:

Just ignore him. I found the reception that GazBaz got when he first came back to VP slightly embarrassing - waving false bank notes at him was puerile IMHO.

I have more of a grudge towards MCFC actually, A historically unsuccessful club which had a dose of good fortune and now gives it the Billy Big Bollocks.

That was all quite strange. Barry "served" us brilliantly for years and we gave him stick for joining city whereas Milner was with us for 5 minutes and I remember him getting a standing ovation at his last game for Villa. As far as the greasy prat is concerned I am glad we sold him and couldn't care less about him.

That was all quite strange. Barry "served" us brilliantly for years and we gave him stick for joining city whereas Milner was with us for 5 minutes and I remember him getting a standing ovation at his last game for Villa. As far as the greasy prat is concerned I am glad we sold him and couldn't care less about him.
I think the difference with Barry and Milner was the way the transfers happened. Barry had all the drama of the previous season's on-off move to the dippers as a backdrop and then that public letter to the fans, which was (as always) twisted and misinterpreted by many. Milner's move on the other hand was drama-free and he kept his head down throughout.

Yeah. Didn't really get the Milner love in which went on as he fcuked off very quickly. Great player , model pro but have no real affection for him as a Villa player.

Totally.

As for YKW. Really don't get why those that boo get labelled as small minded or embarrassing. Really?. Who cares. If people want to boo crack on, if you don't then don't. If you want to applaud then do so!. It's a player coming back to his old club no big deal either way. Hardly worth getting knickers in a twist about or feeling 'embarrassed' whichever side of the opinion you are on.

Me. Certainly won't applaud. I applauded him enough when he was with us so no need to go there.
Boo?. No idea. See how I feel. Probably get one huge boo at the start out of my system then that's it . Won't be booing everytime he touches the ball (if he plays) be too involved in the game . If I boo its because I hold him in part responsible for our current mess. He left us in the lurch and I genuinely believe the club thought he was staying prior to the Euros. He was turned by his euro mates and Mr Boring. I say in part because yes he dropped us but having done so the club has dealt with it appallingly with the PR guff after and the flawed plans to replace him. It's been a mess.

So I would say if you want to give him loads of stick crack on. Who cares in the grand scheme. If you want to love him . Who cares.
It's only a game, it's only a player.

Last edited:
seems Rangnick is the the new interim manager at utd much to the disappointment of Brucie, Rooney and of course Yorkie
Obvious choice. Done the rounds in Europe, never managed in this country. So he's obviously excellent.

Not a done deal yet. But seems he might be interested in a DoF role at MU at the end of the season.

Don't know why they don't just go and get Poch. OK he would probably flop, but then so would any manager they bring in.