Good Morning Thread | Page 399 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Now further info of Mrs PY spending dosh!
First...Kitchen, yes it had its hitches/problems but all done.

Last night, can we have or rather me, a new 3 seater settee/sofa? what's wrong with what you got? its only a 2 seater so a 3 would mean I can lay down, it would help with my back! Jesus Ok I said.

But she carried on, I want the 3 in a different colour, so your recliner/swivel chair, the other 2 seater and the two foot stools can be redone in the new colour leather that the 3 is going to be done in.

So this morning I was off down to the Stressless agents shop, got a new catalogue, book an appointment for an Upholsterer to come and give a quote on doing the work, that means we keep the same original style, phew!
So now its waiting.

Mrs PY is a never ending story, but if it makes her happy, then I am happy.

Cheers all, stay safe, simple as that.
Happy wife , happy life!

Late afternoon all, wevver down these parts getting a bit chillier, still got me cut offs on, cloudy.

Update on "Ruby" the Harris Hawk, she is back home with her owner all safe n sound, mind how its happened....

Aviary birds doing there nut, squawking n squealing, flap flap, no other birds about, crows, shitehawks, pigeons, sparras, get my drift, but sat there on our fence opposite the kitchen back door was "Ruby" all proud n beautiful, so as I rang her owner to tell him she was here, Mrs PY threw about 1/2 lb of mince on the steps, down shew flew gobble gobble all gone, back up to the fence, she seemed to nod her head and off she flew, I informed the owner the direction she flew which looked like back to her " free flying area" fields behind Southdowns College, turned out to be correct.

15 mins later phone rings, it was the owner to say "Ruby" is all safe n sound and is going to get a Pheasant for her dinner, for being a good girl.
Mrs PY was in tears when I told her, bloody women, also the owner sent her a pic via messenger of "Ruby" sat on his arm.

He is going to bring the Pair of Harris Hawks round to us maybe next week, cannot wait.

Further info the Hen H Hawk is way bigger than the Cock bird.

Walt yes they do like Squirrels, rats etc, but it seems Pheasant is their fave, posh eaters eh!

Nick what a woos you are, I can't wait to have "Ruby" on my arm, already had her Flying Buddy there yesterday, its quite exciting really.
When they visit I will let you all know.

US me old mucka have a great "Thanks giving"

Thanks brother!

Well, it's official. Early stage of La Niña is effecting Eastern Australia now, We're in for a very wet summer...again.

Temperatures are also typically cooler during a La Niña, but the increased humidity and slow moving high pressure systems mean heatwaves are not off the cards.

"We can still get heatwaves, and the heatwaves we get over summer tend to be longer," Dr Watkins warned.

Great!:shake:

We're not yet into summer, and it's been pissing down for a few days, keeping day time temps down, (28-29C) but nights are very hot and sticky. Rain forecast for another 8-10 days and throughout summer. The only time I get time off work.

Queensland, which has had the lowest Covid cases of any 1st world region on the planet are in for a rude shock. We open our borders on 17th Dec, but like Germany, we have only 73% double vax rate. Our CHO (Chief health officer) poo poo'd Astra Zenica in the early days, and we've never recovered. The majority having Pfizer.

All we've done, is delayed the inevitable.
4000 medical staff have been stood down due to not wanting the vax, but we were already thin on the ground when it comes to nurses and docs etc. When we really need them, we'll be f**ked, which will be very soon.

I must say, I'm so embarrassed to be a Queenslander. A Scotsman first, but a Queenslander none the less. ATM you can't enter Qld without being double vaxxed (fair enough) and you must have a negative PCR test (not a rapid antigen test) 72 hours prior to entry, and you must quarantine for 14 days at your own cost in a hotel, or at home, along with you entire family. But you must have a free standing home, not a duplex, or unit etc.

Some friends of ours, their son died back in August. His house is 2 mins over the Qld border in New South Wales, but our friends are not allowed do drive the 5 mins from their house to his, to clean out his house and take care of his things.
Barbaric to say the least.

I have dozens of stories that would make you guys cringe, at how political our States are making this pandemic. Our Federal Gov are Liberal, but all the States have their own State Govs, which are mix of Labor and Liberal.

You guessed it. Qld is a Labor State.

Enough ranting for now. On another note, I thought Man City were brilliant against PSG. They could've scored 4-5 in the 1st half! Oh how I wish we could play like that!

Have a great Thursday everyone. Take care and be kind to each other.

Well, it's official. Early stage of La Niña is effecting Eastern Australia now, We're in for a very wet summer...again.

Temperatures are also typically cooler during a La Niña, but the increased humidity and slow moving high pressure systems mean heatwaves are not off the cards.

"We can still get heatwaves, and the heatwaves we get over summer tend to be longer," Dr Watkins warned.

Great!:shake:

We're not yet into summer, and it's been pissing down for a few days, keeping day time temps down, (28-29C) but nights are very hot and sticky. Rain forecast for another 8-10 days and throughout summer. The only time I get time off work.

Queensland, which has had the lowest Covid cases of any 1st world region on the planet are in for a rude shock. We open our borders on 17th Dec, but like Germany, we have only 73% double vax rate. Our CHO (Chief health officer) poo poo'd Astra Zenica in the early days, and we've never recovered. The majority having Pfizer.

All we've done, is delayed the inevitable.
4000 medical staff have been stood down due to not wanting the vax, but we were already thin on the ground when it comes to nurses and docs etc. When we really need them, we'll be f**ked, which will be very soon.

I must say, I'm so embarrassed to be a Queenslander. A Scotsman first, but a Queenslander none the less. ATM you can't enter Qld without being double vaxxed (fair enough) and you must have a negative PCR test (not a rapid antigen test) 72 hours prior to entry, and you must quarantine for 14 days at your own cost in a hotel, or at home, along with you entire family. But you must have a free standing home, not a duplex, or unit etc.

Some friends of ours, their son died back in August. His house is 2 mins over the Qld border in New South Wales, but our friends are not allowed do drive the 5 mins from their house to his, to clean out his house and take care of his things.
Barbaric to say the least.

I have dozens of stories that would make you guys cringe, at how political our States are making this pandemic. Our Federal Gov are Liberal, but all the States have their own State Govs, which are mix of Labor and Liberal.

You guessed it. Qld is a Labor State.

Enough ranting for now. On another note, I thought Man City were brilliant against PSG. They could've scored 4-5 in the 1st half! Oh how I wish we could play like that!

Have a great Thursday everyone. Take care and be kind to each other.
You always tell it like it is , Hod.,
We don’t get the news from other places anymore.
No news about what is happening in China ,Russia for example …… we only get the sensational bits , when it all goes bad , like parts of Europe again .

We get told that there are around 42,000 new infections a day , but that can’t be the correct figure, it must be higher than that .. I don’t know how they get that figure .
I can only assume the Govt are aiming for this herd immunity .
Not many are dying , which is good , obviously , but people are still dying ………,,around 150, a day,……… but again that can’t be a true figure .
That figure carries a rider that they die within 28 days of a positive test .

I know a lot of people who have felt unwell , self tested , (positive) …..self isolated, and got over it . There is no way those people are included in the “Official Figures “ .
Family members adult children, and school children…… these people cannot have been counted .
Take care mate .

First one took me to the cleaners second has been a liability but I didn't marry her. My mates wife died, after 6 months he said his bank balance had never been so good, he only bought what he needed !!
You are a sentimental old fool Nick .

My first wife took me to the cleaners as well .
It took me a long while to get over that , i had absolutely nothing , she even staged a bogus break in at the house that I had left , and only my possessions got taken , including things like my grandads darts . I will never forgive her for that .
I was living out of bin liners , stacked in the back of my car . Cleaning my teeth when I got to work in the morning . Then my mate took me in .

But , I wouldn’t change anything for the love and life I have now .
It took me a while , I built the proverbial brick wall around myself , but my wife smashed that down ten seconds after I met her .

I’ve just celebrated the best twenty years of my life ( eighteen of them married )……. so she tells me :rofl:.

oh no Pomp will will be discussing Tits next,.................and at this time of year it will start with Blue Tits (Watch out nick's about)

Well, we could always discuss how I now have a small colony of parakeets visiting my garden every day and how a club I played on Monday has a huge amount of the buggers - how do they manage to survive?!

Did some loony let a whole colony out all at once?!

Well, we could always discuss how I now have a small colony of parakeets visiting my garden every day and how a club I played on Monday has a huge amount of the buggers - how do they manage to survive?!

Did some loony let a whole colony out all at once?!
Apparently, there are loads of them in London as well.
seems weird to me , but they are all doing well .