Jokanovic going to be Sacked ? | Vital Football

Jokanovic going to be Sacked ?

Blade for Life

Vital 1st Team Regular
A rumour and not yet fact but if this happens this tells me all i need to know about the Prince. This is the first time for many years that we have a manager that really wants to change the culture at SUFC and start playing pure football.
He has taken over a squad low in confidence and quality.
None of us are privy to what was promised but the recruitment in the last transfer window was shambolic.
I really hope this is not true.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...sa-Jokanovic-set-SACKED-Sheffield-United.html

Last edited:
He obviously wasn't going to stick around.

And he'll obviously be used as a reason to never consider a foreign manager ever again.

But sacking him would be so stupid and wasteful.

We should not be willing to pay him off.

Let him take a job elsewhere and waive the compensation if needs be.

This season is a write off, with or without him.

Let's not waste even more money.

Now backed up by Mike McGrath and Pete O'Rourke - the latter saying definitively we've sacked him

Think I might just have asked this before of our contributors, including those that
wanted rid of our last owner, is the Prince our man?

He obviously wasn't going to stick around.

And he'll obviously be used as a reason to never consider a foreign manager ever again.

But sacking him would be so stupid and wasteful.

We should not be willing to pay him off.

Let him take a job elsewhere and waive the compensation if needs be.

This season is a write off, with or without him.

Let's not waste even more money.
They have to do what is in the contract. I don't want us in court ever again Chronic.

Warnock.......... could he?

He definitely would. He'll do anything.

Would the club want him?

Whoever it is has to be prepared to work with the squad we have and a very low budget. The academy has never been as important as it is now.

Last edited:
Foxy on S2, who seemingly gets told everything fucking immediately, has liked a post suggesting The Serb resigned after January budget discussions.

Whatever's happened, let's be honest, everybody's just going to shrug their shoulders and move on quickly.

It's just been a waste of time.

The club is clearly on a trajectory this manager can't work with.

I have to admit to being stunned by this. While we haven't been great, we haven't been completely awful either, and we hardly gave him a fair shot with a short pre-season and the late transfer activity. It seems a strange decision not to at least give him another transfer window.

Maybe Alexander Blessin is now possible?

Given that Wolves were allowed to hire a manager with less experience, who had been out of work for two years, then surely we can get him if we still want him?

He's a great shout. His Championship sides always played good, attacking and successful football and he was willing to work with a limited budget for years without complaining. He also has a good record at bringing the youth through as well.

Foxy on S2, who seemingly gets told everything fucking immediately, has liked a post suggesting The Serb resigned after January budget discussions.

That seems the most likely scenario, although O'Rourke said he'd been sacked and he's usually reliable. Hal (YorkBlade) has just said that it was supposed to be announced yesterday, along with a replacement (presumably temporary at the stage.)

Football Insider (O'Rourke's company) are reporting that Heckingbottom will be interim manager again. Not a surprise really.

I wrote on the 'Pigs /Us thread' that we are the best in the world at cocking up after relegation from the PL.

If correct I didn't expect to be proved right so soon.

Question- are SUFC , in any guise, under any owner, worth the emotional & loyalty input they get?

Football Insider (O'Rourke's company) are reporting that Heckingbottom will be interim manager again. Not a surprise really.
I got told this was in the offing 2 weeks ago I direct messaged a poster on here to see if his contacts could co oberate this but mine came from a reliable source but it did say they were giving him 3 to 5 games to sort it but hecky had been primed to take over but obviously things have come to head earlier as he picked up 4 pts since I got that info

Last edited:
Goodbye vital - sad about that
Goodbye s2 - meh
Goodbye and good fucking riddance to Sheffield United, if it was human it would be in a home for the severely mentally retarded.

Warnock is the only one of the options who could come in and potentially fluke a promotion this season