• Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Loss

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Departed

I think the most interesting thing about this match will be the line up, over to you Antonio.

COYS!!!

The key to this game is to win and put the GD out of sight. We don't know what will happen in the Rennes vs Vitesse game, but do know that Spurs vs Rennes at home will be a close affair. We need to be winning this group.

The key to this game is to win and put the GD out of sight. We don't know what will happen in the Rennes vs Vitesse game, but do know that Spurs vs Rennes at home will be a close affair. We need to be winning this group.
Will the GD be of any value though? To come into play the teams need to be level on points. But the head-to-head between teams is the highest-value comparison (unless it's changed?). So if we beat Rennes - which we'll need to, to have the same number of points (assuming we both win our next matches) - then we'll have a superior head-to-head. Or is there another scenario you're thinking of?

Will the GD be of any value though? To come into play the teams need to be level on points. But the head-to-head between teams is the highest-value comparison (unless it's changed?). So if we beat Rennes - which we'll need to, to have the same number of points (assuming we both win our next matches) - then we'll have a superior head-to-head. Or is there another scenario you're thinking of?

Actually, you're probably right. GD is probably irrelevant.

Would still be nice to see a cricket score and a few more players getting on the scoresheet. I enjoyed Pierre and Reggie getting the strikes yesterday. We need the goals to be shared around.

Conte alluding to quite a changed lineup for tomorrow's game. He's confirmed Sess is playing, whilst Gio, Romero and Scarlett miss out.

Gollini
Sanchez, Rodon, Davies
Doherty, Skipp, Ndombele, Sess
Dele
Bergwijn, Kane

I'd like to see Ndombele given a go with a minder like Skipp, and very responsible players like Dele and Bergwijn in there as well.

Conte alluding to quite a changed lineup for tomorrow's game. He's confirmed Sess is playing, whilst Gio, Romero and Scarlett miss out.

Gollini
Sanchez, Rodon, Davies
Doherty, Skipp, Ndombele, Sess
Dele
Bergwijn, Kane

I'd like to see Ndombele given a go with a minder like Skipp, and very responsible players like Dele and Bergwijn in there as well.

I read that Bergwijn hasn’t travelled but I like the look of that team. Maybe play Gil with Dele behind Kane instead? He played well linking up with Sessegnon earlier on in the season.

Last edited:
I read that Bergwijn hasn’t travelled but I like the look of that team. Maybe play Gil with Dele behind Kane instead? He played well liking up with Sessegnon earlier on in the season.

It's an odd one, apparently, he's not injured, but I'm told he's one of those where the fitness guys are unhappy at his general condition - could that be the reason? guess we will know soon enough.

It's an odd one, apparently, he's not injured, but I'm told he's one of those where the fitness guys are unhappy at his general condition - could that be the reason? guess we will know soon enough.

No surprise there ex.

He will either embrace Conte’s methods or be sold. I know many on here have already made up their minds about him but there is definitely a player in there. He has the tools to be a top player imo. Confidence and desire is what he needs if he wants to succeed. It’s up to himself!

No surprise there ex.

He will either embrace Conte’s methods or be sold. I know many on here have already made up their minds about him but there is definitely a player in there. He has the tools to be a top player imo. Confidence and desire is what he needs if he wants to succeed. It’s up to himself!

I just get frustrated to see him get into some great positions and then fluff his lines - he just doesn't seem to have the composure you need at the highest level.

Our team news is in!

Starting XI: Gollini, Doherty, Tanganga, Rodon, Sanchez, Sessegnon, Skipp, Ndombele, Dele, Bryan, Kane (c).

Substitutes: Lloris, Austin, Royal, Dier, Davies, Reguilon, Hojbjerg, Winks, Lucas, Son.

Bryan could get exposed as a lightweight again but I hope he shows what he can do and provide for Kane or even score himself. I also hope Kane and Son can have a half each with it settled in the first half !!

We'll figure out the formation in due course. The back 5 and Skipp is obvious, the rest less so.

As for the bench, I'm sensing a few injuries or additional training for some in England. 2 keepers on there, but no youngsters included. Bergwijn is perhaps the one I may have expected.

Feels like Ndombele has been told to play withdrawn, alongside Skipp. He's stayed very disciplined so far.