Pre match protest on Tuesday | Page 8 | Vital Football

Pre match protest on Tuesday

Then again, if you spend an extented time talking and interacting with a group of people who have been banned as trouble makers then I am not surprised if a decision was made to block anyone from the group trying to get in.

It'll be interesting to see if Dom Bellend is actually officially banned by the club or if it was more of the case of the stewards just blanket preventing everyone knowing that there are those protesting are on the banned list.
Dom Bellend, seriously? Slightly immature.
Shall we start calling you Jihadi John?

Or alternatively large numbers us would have been pissed and up for stupidity. The police would have taken a quick check on numbers and personnel before deciding whether to ignore, or steam in. All participants would have attended the next game unchallenged. If everyone, who had abused Scally in the ground, or online was banned (not me guv) the attendance would be low 3 figures.

better few, but better, surely?

Opps. Dom is a victim of an auto-correct in this case.

In fairness to your autocorrect, this Dom guy does sound like a bit of a bellend.

I don’t think he’s as innocent as he makes out. Yet his mates and people on here have made judgement based solely on Dom’s word.

He refers to Scally as a Millwall **** on his social media, he runs a 5-a-side team called GetYtScallyOut, refers to Scally as a dictator, suggests financial impropriety in the accounts and reposts social media that is offensive to Scally.

There is ‘having an opinion’ and there is ‘being disruptive’.

In fairness to your autocorrect, this Dom guy does sound like a bit of a bellend.

I don’t think he’s as innocent as he makes out. Yet his mates and people on here have made judgement based solely on Dom’s word.

He refers to Scally as a Millwall **** on his social media, he runs a 5-a-side team called GetYtScallyOut, refers to Scally as a dictator, suggests financial impropriety in the accounts and reposts social media that is offensive to Scally.

There is ‘having an opinion’ and there is ‘being disruptive’.

Agree Trashy. This guy may well have been a purely silent bloke, standing there and minding his own business other than supporting the cause.

But everything he openly puts up on public forums suggests otherwise -

(sorry, I tried to save you all from the worst of it. And I’m not sure if I’m a “Scally inner” or simply an “anti-scally-outer”. But sounds like I’m a thick idiot 🤷‍♂️)

1637819911697.jpeg

Was messaging one of the protesters yesterday. He hasn't been banned, so not all of them were it seems. I asked who he thinks will buy the club, and be replied the MEMS guy. I said he's come out and said he doesn't want to buy the club? He seems to think it's lies, and that Scally wants too much. I said why doesn't the guy come out and say he's put in an offer, and say what it is, if he's not going to have a chance of buying the club? No answer! I'm sure Colin Jarvis has said he doesn't want to buy the club. At 71, would he want the stress?!

I don't agree with language used in his tweet OSK but if we are going down that road then every fan who uses that language in the RE will be banned as well right ? Im sure linesman and referees will be relieved.

As for the second sentence plenty of people on this forum use similar terms to describe those who are on the out side. Is that OK though ?

Lets be consistent if you want to support the purge of what few fans we have left who are actually putting money into the club through attending home games.

Disruption at games I have no issue with banning. Social media swearing hmmmm thats a difficult road if we go down there.

Bottom line though as I've always said. His club, his rules but if it goes tits up through lack of people attending games then he needs to look inwards as well as outwards.

I'd say he should be focused as "leader" and "saviour" on healing the rifts but frankly I think it's too late. Sometimes the manager loses the dressing room and sometimes the chairman loses the public.

Whilst many on this board still support scally the simple reality is the focus of discussion should be on the dwindling number of people willing to put "cash" into the club through season tickets / match tickets.

Thats not a dig at the exiles before anyone claims it is but support of scally on message boards doesn't pay the bills.

There is potentially another step reduction come ST renewal time. Will the absolute shit show this season is turning into be the final straw for many? I think so unless there is some light at the end of the tunnel.

Last edited:
I don't agree with language used in his tweet OSK but if we are going down that road then every fan who uses that language in the RE will be banned as well right ? Im sure linesman and referees will be relieved.

Sorry mark. But I think there is a massive difference between -

- spur of the moment outrage and shouting out swear words in a crowd.

- sometime later opening up your phone and app, and then deliberately composing the vile stuff about someone shown here. And then pressing the send button knowing full well it’s out there for eternity for all to see and share and comment, with your name attached.

And the above is not a minor one off. Its pretty much his mojo. I would certainly hope he’s a nicer guy in the flesh. Maybe he is.

Btw - I’d hope that word isn’t used much in a crowd. It’s never been used much in crowds I’ve been in.

As for the second sentence plenty of people on this forum use similar terms to describe those who are on the out side. Is that OK though ?

Lets be consistent if you want to support the purge of what few fans we have left who are actually putting money into the club through attending home games.

Disruption at games I have no issue with banning. Social media swearing hmmmm thats a difficult road if we go down there.

Bottom line though as I've always said. His club, his rules but if it goes tits up through lack of people attending games then he needs to look inwards as well as outwards.

I'd say he should be focused as "leader" and "saviour" on healing the rifts but frankly I think it's too late. Sometimes the manager loses the dressing room and sometimes the chairman loses the public.

Whilst many on this board still support scally the simple reality is the focus of discussion should be on the dwindling number of people willing to put "cash" into the club through season tickets / match tickets.

Thats not a dig at the exiles before anyone claims it is but support of scally on message boards doesn't pay the bills.

There is potentially another step reduction come ST renewal time. Will the absolute shit show this season is turning into be the final straw for many? I think so unless there is some light at the end of the tunnel.
I get your point but if you ran a pub (to use your analogy) and one of your regulars referred to you as a c*** every time he mentioned you on social media, would you want him in your gaff?

Agree Trashy. This guy may well have been a purely silent bloke, standing there and minding his own business other than supporting the cause.

(sorry, I tried to save you all from the worst of it. And I’m not sure if I’m a “Scally inner” or simply an “anti-scally-outer”. But sounds like I’m a thick idiot 🤷‍♂️)

View attachment 53671

The thing I like most about this is the way that someone has tried to redact the profanities with limited success.

I remember fans being ejected from Priestfield for foul language in the sixties. The offenders would often be seen back in the ground before the final whistle. There was no consistency but language was less foul then IMHO. We now have family friendly football and signs all over stating that foul and abusive language will not be tolerated... but it is. It's far worse now and on Tuesday night my daughter and son in law had to attempt to explain to my 7 year old grandson why nearby adult kept up a constant barrage of full strength abuse including OSK's word that has no name.

Para 5 of my reply.
I read that, so to add another part to the question, what behaviour do you think deserves being called a c*** on a public forum? We all agree that there are parts if his running of the club that aren't perfect but, IMO, he doesn't deserve personal abuse.
Would you let this bloke into your pub knowing that he calls you a c*** just because you don't sell his favourite crisps?

View attachment 53671
What do the crossed out words say? ;)

I get your point but if you ran a pub (to use your analogy) and one of your regulars referred to you as a c*** every time he mentioned you on social media, would you want him in your gaff?
I don't know - if Gillingham FC is the pub, Steve Evans is the landlord, and Paul Scally is the brewery. You can slag off Shepherd Neames beer, without slagging off the pub or the Landlord, can't you?

I am guilty of swearing quite a lot, OSK's examples being apposite. However, even I got fed up with hearing a bloke spout "c###" dozens of times in the RE during the Cheltenham cup match. So my venture into the RE will be a one off and I'm back to my own kith and kin in the GRS this Saturday.
:-)

Bugger! Didn’t I manage to obscure the swear words enough? 😕

Double bugger!! I hope The Fear doesn’t get a notification to ban my posts.

Triple drat!!! Is “b*gger” allowed on here?

I feel like I’m digging a ‘big hole’ for myself….ooh, hang on…