Good Morning Thread | Page 398 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

CBD
You can smoke it as well in its purest natural form....then you wont give a flying about any ailments!,:grinning:

Aha I remember those days.

Unfortunately the CBD in the UK doesn't have any THC. They have banned it because it actually works and they want everyone to go down the pharma route.

But real cannabis is actually the best medicine on the planet. Not smoking it mind. Oil or in a brownie.

In moderation of course. 😉

Good morning all you smutters! a lovely Autumnal morning here down Souff.

Anyways it has been rather exciting in my back garden starting yesterday afternoon around 3ish, Mrs PY shouted at me to go and sort out a ruckus of screaming under/in one of our evergreens, so off out to discover a headless, guts open carcass of a pigeon, bloody feathers everywhere but no sign of the predator, bagged the remains and into the waste bin it went.

Next about 5.30 this Hawk was sat on our fence opposite the back door, Mrs PY threw a handful of mince on to our back step, down it went gobble gobble the lot gone in seconds, by this time I am watching the action and telling the missus that's the culprit for the ruckus n dead pigeon earlier, I also said I have no Idea what type of Hawk it was, as it flew up to the Oak tree in, near the bottom of our garden, the rear neighbours garden.

A few mins later Mrs PY says that on Face book there is a report of a missing 7month old hen Harris Hawk, A Yank lol!, yep its bloody here she says, anyways long story short, being dark now, a couple of mob calls/chats later the owner informed us the Harris Hawk is called Ruby and that he will be round our gaff this morning.

So 7.45am door bell goes there is a geezer, not Ruby's owner, standing on my step with another Harris Hawk on his arm, it, a cock bird, is the flying compatriot of Ruby's, so out in the back garden for about 15/20 mins trying to attract Ruby to no avail, off he went with me saying I will keep an eye out and try to catch her, apparently she is very friendly and will come to my arm if offered a treat.

About 9.15am the owner of Ruby turns with a dead Pheasant, asking if I would hang the carcass somewhere in the back garden in the hope Ruby will be attracted to it, so now we wait.

The bloody Bullhound of ours spotted the carcass hanging from the tree, started barking his head off at it, the bloody wuss!

So quite a bit of excitement here, but now we wait as I said earlier, but what I do know is if the Aviary Alarm, birds squawking and squealing, goes off Ruby has arrived.

Further updates to follow.

Have a good day all, keep safe and look after one and other.

A friend of my missus lost her husband about 3 weeks ago. Yesterday she was on the phone talking to my missus and mentioned it was her dead husbands birthday and he would have been 74 ...as she said this a reasonably large bird was trying to get into the house by tapping on the window then the front door then other windows...she was really spooked and thought he had come back as a bird to celebrate with her (ha ha)...when she described it to my wife, my wife said I think that is a parrot. OOOEEER said her friend. He loved parrots, they were his favourite birds. My missus tried to calm her because her recent loss was so tender still. It is probably a pet that has got loose and is trying to get back into a house as it was obviously used to being inside, not free.

She phoned my missus today and said ...guess what a neighbour knocked and asked if she had seen a parrot......there you go.....the mind plays tricks and logic goes out of the window sometimes. Good job my missus, being an ex samaritan used her skills yet again to put the lady's thought into logical perspective. .(.......or was it her Husband come back to peck his presents and card?)....

Evening all
Turning into the RSPB on here now .
What amazing stories .

The birds in our garden are being chased off by the bloody squirrels. They are starting to think they own the place .
They commandeer the bird bath and chase off the birds legitimately bathing so they can drink out if it .
I don’t actually want them in the garden , the squirrels, but how do you stop them .
They run like Lindford Christie along the top of the fence and then stop and laugh at me as I chase them off .
I’ve got electric deterrents , that we had when we had cat problems a few years ago , but they scare the birds away as well .
Hawks and Parrots , wow .

Good morning all . Hope you are all ok .
How is the black hawk Pompey,…… Is it down yet ?

You get into some scrapes… you do . We had a Jay hopping around for a couple of days last week , not seen it since , and also I’m sure I saw that woodpecker, the one that was here last spring , running up a tree , very briefly .

We are getting lots of Seagulls , landing on roofs , making an awful din . They are enormous ,when they land, and have a stroll about .
Somebody up the road feeds them , throws something on their garage roof for them , then we get about thirty of them , diving and squawking …. Going mad to get there first ……it’s like that Alfred Hitchcock film at times. My wife had some washing out yesterday , they were circling all over it , luckily they didn’t leave us anything .

Do hawks eat squirrels ? That would be good !

I went out yesterday, and took a detour along the beach road at Lee on Solent . It was absolutely gorgeous, not a cloud in the sky , sea was like a mill pond , a cruise ship at anchor , people strolling about , queuing for ice creams , . Really lovely .

It’s a bit chaotic on the roads around here lately …. “They”’are building a bypass around the village , all the cross country bits have been completed, now they are just joining up both ends to the existing roads .
Existing single lane roads are becoming dual kin carriageways.
It will be double handy when it’s finished , we will be able to get to the real traffic jams much quicker. …. Bonus !

Take care all , keep us posted Pompey .
Have a good day , look after each other.

A nice grey winter's day at the moment.

Pompey, love the adventure with the hawk, please keep us all updated, all we seem to get in our garden are sparrows, blackbirds, crows and sometimes a buzzard or two flying over.

Hod, just read your post from the other day, sounds as if you have a lot to contend with health wise, take care of yourself and stay safe, enjoy your Aussie summer with a few cold ones.

Walt, how is the knee holding up, hope it's not stopping the allotment time too much.

Greaviesy, funny story, although it must of spooked that poor lady a fair bit, as you say it just goes to show how your mind can play tricks on you.

Caught a bit of I'm a Celeb on Monday evening, and listened to David Ginola talking about his heart attack, never realised it was so serious when he said that his heart had stopped for 12 minutes and took 5 goes with a defibrilator to get if it started again, he's a lucky man.

Take care and stay safe all of you out there.

Aha I remember those days.

Unfortunately the CBD in the UK doesn't have any THC. They have banned it because it actually works and they want everyone to go down the pharma route.

But real cannabis is actually the best medicine on the planet. Not smoking it mind. Oil or in a brownie.

In moderation of course. 😉

What does THC work for?

There is nothing that it is good for that is recognised by any serious research on it's own, Medicinal Cannabis is a slightly different equation:

Does cannabis have medicinal benefits?
Cannabis contains active ingredients called cannabinoids. 2 of these – tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD) – are the active ingredients of a prescription drug called Sativex. This is used to relieve the pain of muscle spasms in multiple sclerosis.
Another cannabinoid drug, called Nabilone, is sometimes used to relieve sickness in people having chemotherapy for cancer.
Clinical trials are under way to test cannabis-based drugs for other conditions including cancer pain, the eye disease glaucoma, appetite loss in people with HIV or AIDS, and epilepsy in children.
Read the latest updates on cannabis, cannabinoids and cancer – the evidence so far on the Cancer Research UK website.

As for Cannabis use;

Cannabis and mental health
Regular cannabis use increases the risk of developing a psychotic illness, such as schizophrenia.
A psychotic illness is one where you have hallucinations (seeing things that are not really there) and delusions (believing things that are not really true).
The risk of developing a psychotic illness is higher in people who:
  • start using cannabis at a young age
  • smoke stronger types, such as skunk
  • smoke it regularly
  • use it for a long time
  • smoke cannabis and also have other risk factors for schizophrenia, such as a family history of the illness
Cannabis also increases the risk of a relapse in people who already have schizophrenia, and it can make psychotic symptoms worse.

Users of cannabis are after a period of prolonged use in even small quantities are often unable to recognise that they are suffering from obvious symptoms of delusional behaviour.

Last edited:
Late afternoon all, wevver down these parts getting a bit chillier, still got me cut offs on, cloudy.

Update on "Ruby" the Harris Hawk, she is back home with her owner all safe n sound, mind how its happened....

Aviary birds doing there nut, squawking n squealing, flap flap, no other birds about, crows, shitehawks, pigeons, sparras, get my drift, but sat there on our fence opposite the kitchen back door was "Ruby" all proud n beautiful, so as I rang her owner to tell him she was here, Mrs PY threw about 1/2 lb of mince on the steps, down shew flew gobble gobble all gone, back up to the fence, she seemed to nod her head and off she flew, I informed the owner the direction she flew which looked like back to her " free flying area" fields behind Southdowns College, turned out to be correct.

15 mins later phone rings, it was the owner to say "Ruby" is all safe n sound and is going to get a Pheasant for her dinner, for being a good girl.
Mrs PY was in tears when I told her, bloody women, also the owner sent her a pic via messenger of "Ruby" sat on his arm.

He is going to bring the Pair of Harris Hawks round to us maybe next week, cannot wait.

Further info the Hen H Hawk is way bigger than the Cock bird.

Walt yes they do like Squirrels, rats etc, but it seems Pheasant is their fave, posh eaters eh!

Nick what a woos you are, I can't wait to have "Ruby" on my arm, already had her Flying Buddy there yesterday, its quite exciting really.
When they visit I will let you all know.

US me old mucka have a great "Thanks giving"

Now further info of Mrs PY spending dosh!
First...Kitchen, yes it had its hitches/problems but all done.

Last night, can we have or rather me, a new 3 seater settee/sofa? what's wrong with what you got? its only a 2 seater so a 3 would mean I can lay down, it would help with my back! Jesus Ok I said.

But she carried on, I want the 3 in a different colour, so your recliner/swivel chair, the other 2 seater and the two foot stools can be redone in the new colour leather that the 3 is going to be done in.

So this morning I was off down to the Stressless agents shop, got a new catalogue, book an appointment for an Upholsterer to come and give a quote on doing the work, that means we keep the same original style, phew!
So now its waiting.

Mrs PY is a never ending story, but if it makes her happy, then I am happy.

Cheers all, stay safe, simple as that.

The Harris Hawk is medium to large sized but takes large prey in proportion to its own size. It will take prey up to around 4.5 LB. It has extra long talons to allow it to grip it's prey in comparison to some other Hawks. It also has a larger hooked beak.
Nick...how did I guess you would google it lol!
Remember I saw the mess "Ruby" made of a fat bastard wild Pigeon.

Nick...how did I guess you would google it lol!
Remember I saw the mess "Ruby" made of a fat bastard wild Pigeon.

Yup, I already knew the Harris was a formidable hunter but needed clarification. Good hunters need big talons, hence the arm protection advice. But go ahead, it sounds like she is human tame and knows not to squeeze too tight with her razor sharp powerful instruments of death.