Another one bites the dust! (pt III) | Page 15 | Vital Football

Another one bites the dust! (pt III)

Fleetwood Town boss Simon Grayson has left the club with immediate effect after Tuesday's defeat by Oxford United left them 22nd in the League One table

Former player and current under-23s coach Stephen Crainey will take charge of the club on a temporary basis while they look for a replacement.

Fleetwood Town boss Simon Grayson has left the club with immediate effect after Tuesday's defeat by Oxford United left them 22nd in the League One table

Former player and current under-23s coach Stephen Crainey will take charge of the club on a temporary basis while they look for a replacement.

Wonder if he regrets not taking the Wigan job when it was on offer. Obviously it was terrible circumstances at the time but it was also a potential opportunity to manager a better club than he'd otherwise attract if we came through the other side of admin with us.

His stock is really low and he'll probably struggle to get another L1 club now.

Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich - after being outed as the 2 toned interview Scouse fraud that he is - without the genius of Leam Richardson behind him doing all the work - harsh but true !

Speaking with a knob ender mate pre season and I said he would be gone by the November break, so I was only a few weeks out. According to him Ryan Lowe is the favourite and they’ve acted as ipswich were sniffing, so that’ll be Plymouth screwed.

Speaking with a knob ender mate pre season and I said he would be gone by the November break, so I was only a few weeks out. According to him Ryan Lowe is the favourite and they’ve acted as ipswich were sniffing, so that’ll be Plymouth screwed.

They were previously sniffing around Ainsworth from Wycombe but he doesn't appear to be in the running this time. I'd love them to take him or even Warne from Rotherham but doesn't look likely.

Lowe leaving Plymouth would be a huge blow but I'm less worried about them than the other 2.

It wouldn't shock me if Ipswich tried to go for Lowe and that I think would be bad news as he'd almost certainly get a lot more out of the squad Cook left there.

Lowe off to Preston, Ipswich have made John McGreal interim boss whilst they find someone long-term.

Killer blow for Plymouth that, no doubt a couple of key players will follow in January. Smart from Lowe, probably knew they wouldn't be able to stay around the top places based on their most recent losses, so jumped ship whilst his stock is high before they inevitably slipped down the table.