January transfer action and rumours | Vital Football

January transfer action and rumours

Hastings

Vital Football Hero
So no Simms. John-Jules not making the bench is a striker an option in January or a box to box midfielder? Thoughts

Blackpool are eyeing a permanent move for on-loan Crewe Alexandra attacker Owen Dale this January.
After speculation linking the player with a move to Sunderland during the summer window, Dale signed for the Seasiders in the Championship.
Now, Football League World are claiming that Blackpool are now keen to make that deal permanent after Dale proved his fitness to Blackpool boss Neil Critchley.
The 23-years-old has been in and out of Blackpool’s side so far this campaign but featured off of the bench for the Tangerines in their draw with West Bromwich Albion on Tuesday night in the Championship

Blackpool are eyeing a permanent move for on-loan Crewe Alexandra attacker Owen Dale this January.
After speculation linking the player with a move to Sunderland during the summer window, Dale signed for the Seasiders in the Championship.
Now, Football League World are claiming that Blackpool are now keen to make that deal permanent after Dale proved his fitness to Blackpool boss Neil Critchley.
The 23-years-old has been in and out of Blackpool’s side so far this campaign but featured off of the bench for the Tangerines in their draw with West Bromwich Albion on Tuesday night in the Championship
Don’t know at the moment if I’d be paying £500k for him, just haven’t seen enough yet. I suspect we’ll do it, almost as a courtesy now that he’s got himself fit (given that’s the only reason it was a loan to begin with).

Does feel like a commitment. Thought he did well agai nst WBA defensively, but that's not what we brought him in for. Did week against Reading Attacking but the other have he ca. W on I didn't understand what he was trying to do and showed no attacking intent

I thought they had already agreed a fee of £500k for him in the summer and just need confirmation his foot issue had been cleared prior to confirming as permanent in January? I think Crewe originally wanted at least £1m for him

I think that's right Pete.

I thought he was good at Reading when he came on and scoring endorses that. I think £500k is a lot of money. It would probably make him our 4th or 5th highest signing of all time

I’m still not sure. He’s not looked bad by any stretch, but he’s also not blown me away like I expected. Maybe my expectations were too high.

I think that's right Pete.

I thought he was good at Reading when he came on and scoring endorses that. I think £500k is a lot of money. It would probably make him our 4th or 5th highest signing of all time

that’s it for me, £500k could get us a lot of other players. Maybe I’m still scarred by Oyston and we should be looking at £500k as Lubala money, so it’s a no-brainer.

If we only had £500k to spend in January, would you spend it on Dale? Even if we had £1m, would you spend half on him?

I’m still not sure. He’s not looked bad by any stretch, but he’s also not blown me away like I expected. Maybe my expectations were too high.

that’s it for me, £500k could get us a lot of other players. Maybe I’m still scarred by Oyston and we should be looking at £500k as Lubala money, so it’s a no-brainer.

If we only had £500k to spend in January, would you spend it on Dale? Even if we had £1m, would you spend half on him?

Yes you are still living under the dark cloud of the Oyston's.:shake: Dale has not had enough time to make a full impact imho, most of us can see his talent. Remember for example, It took Keshi many a while to hit form and James is coming on fine too. Its a matter of time.
Lets look at it another way, what would you actually get for 1m ? After all we're not living in the Eighties any more.

When Jamie Vardy was at Fleetwood, I remember Karl Oyston saying that he wasn't worth a million pounds. :ROFLMAO:

I am proud to say that I was one of the first to notice Vardy playing for the Cod's and got shouted down on here by certain posters that apparently know it all as to his poor quality. Oh how wrong THEY were...

I am proud to say that I was one of the first to notice Vardy playing for the Cod's and got shouted down on here by certain posters that apparently know it all as to his poor quality. Oh how wrong THEY were...
I must admit watched him at Fleetwood against us in a friendly and was not overly impressed but he proved me and others wrong.

Koko wanted to pay only half the £1million and the rest on goals / appearances etc.
Lesturd paid the £1m in a single payment.

Dale reminds me of a lightweight winger - not keen on a tackle or a 50/50.
Trouble is we already have 2 of them in Bowler and CJ.

Dale reminds me of a lightweight winger - not keen on a tackle or a 50/50.
Trouble is we already have 2 of them in Bowler and CJ.

Exactly, i'm just not sure he takes us to another level.

And it might be a case that no £500k player is going to do that now we're in the championship, but then put the £500k towards a £1m+ player who can make the difference.

Think this is mostly a moot point at this stage though, I think we'll take up the option cos he's proven himself fit enough which was the only reason Crewe didn't already have the cash. As a club I think we'll do it.

Blackpool, Peterborough United and Wigan Athletic have made contact with Jeando Fuchs about signing the Dundee United midfielder on a free transfer in the summer.

The 24-year-old, who has won two caps for Cameroon, joined the Scottish Premiership side in October last year and he has gone on to impress since.

And, with his deal expiring in the summer, it’s unclear where Fuchs will be playing his football next season, but there is plenty of interest in his services, with the player telling Foot Mercato that he has already been in touch with plenty of clubs, including Glasgow giants Celtic and Rangers.

There have been contacts with Blackpool, Peterborough and Wigan. Stuttgart has taken information since this summer. There have been contacts from Celtic and Rangers as well, but nothing more. A Premier League club as well. England would be good.”

A January move could also be on the cards as it would be the last chance for the Tangerines to get a fee for the former Sochaux man, who is seemingly not going to sign a new deal at Tannadice