The Cameron Archer Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

The Cameron Archer Thread

I just think the penny drops with some players, that unless they really pull their fingers out they will end up at Solihull Moors if they are lucky. he's been given a chance to up his game training with the first team and he's taken it

I just think the penny drops with some players, that unless they really pull their fingers out they will end up at Solihull Moors if they are lucky. he's been given a chance to up his game training with the first team and he's taken it

Think you're right, 19 years old, nobody in the top 4 divisions came looking for him. It would be one thing to go from our facilities to Leyton Orient, imagine going from Bodymoor to Solihulls facilities. Assuming this is where his head was at fair fucking play to him. How many lads have gone down the leagues to better teams and facilities and couldn't see their future staring them in the face.

I think this lad is a good example of what I've always said about loans. They are good for development from a physical standpoint, but performances whilst on loan are never really a great indicator of anything other than attitude and work ethic (ie feedback from the loanee club staff). Those that have played the game at any level, know that playing with better players makes you a better player. So he's come back to Villa and is now surrounded by players who can read his runs, put the ball where he wants it and move off the ball to create the space he needs. The game is easier for him when surrounded by talent.
Harry Kane is a good example - he barely did anything when he was out on loan as a kid, but went back to Spurs and the game got easier for him.

Dead right, GM. Bet at Solihull Moors you didn't have players like Matty Cash putting the most perfectly placed cross over into the box you'll ever see. Fair play to the lad, the finish couldn't have been bettered either.

I think he's got great balance, speed and a great positional sense, as well great shooting. Looking forwards to see how he develops.

Dead right, GM. Bet at Solihull Moors you didn't have players like Matty Cash putting the most perfectly placed cross over into the box you'll ever see. Fair play to the lad, the finish couldn't have been bettered either.

I think he's got great balance, speed and a great positional sense, as well great shooting. Looking forwards to see how he develops.
There's probably not a lot of different between someone like Archer and someone like Davis in terms of stats or even ability so does it all come down to what's between the ears (footballing intelligence). I know that Davis is older and further along in his development, but he'd probably outperform Archer at Solihull Moors but we can all recognise that currently, Cameron Archer has the brighter future.

There's probably not a lot of different between someone like Archer and someone like Davis in terms of stats or even ability so does it all come down to what's between the ears (footballing intelligence). I know that Davis is older and further along in his development, but he'd probably outperform Archer at Solihull Moors but we can all recognise that currently, Cameron Archer has the brighter future.

Definitely, I like Davis my only gripe was people saying he was shit when he clearly has the ability with the ball. He had shades of Benteke but crucially without the goals which left him basically as Heskey reincarnate.

Its exactly as you say, you can't really teach Davis to get into goalscoring positions. Archer is just in them, like the header, its not a mistake he was there and it wasnt a fluke he scored it. His off-the-shoulder movement is there, his movements are as good as Tammys was and the chap is 19.

Watkins is the only lad I've seen score goals where I actually think he has learned how to mimic what a good striker does. Archer just seems to have that inherently like Ings just has that intelligence or intuition to know where to be. The next thing to keep an eye on with Archer is if he makes something from nothing. For me anyway that'll be confirmation he is a Vardy or Ings or even Aguero in the making.

Davis has 3 goals in 72 league appearances for us and some were clamouring for him to start recently so Archer has along way to go before everyone gets on his back I can assure you of that.

I’ve always liked players who can read and anticipate the game, and Archer seems to be one of those who is half a second ahead of everyone else and plays the percentages well. He doesn’t play like a kid who’s just come through, he plays like an experienced player already from my one game sample.

Would love to see him get some good game time over the next few home games whether we’re in control and winning, or chasing a game.

Davis has 3 goals in 72 league appearances for us and some were clamouring for him to start recently so Archer has along way to go before everyone gets on his back I can assure you of that.

That many ?.

Wow.

Maybe he is the answer after all .

Not a chance he's played 72 games for us. Bit misleading

He has made 72 appearances, not 72 full games. There is nothing misleading about that.
There is when you consider he hasn't played a full game in the PL yet and has suffered a horrendous injury recorded since he was 20 and had just broken into England under 20 set up.
Just hope none of your kids suffers injuries as he has. Like I keep saying Dean gave him a 4-year contract.
Not sure why we are hating one of our own, Jacob Ramsey is another one taking stick for no apparent reason. Chucky plays one game one fucking game and he's being ridiculed as not good enough.

There is when you consider he hasn't played a full game in the PL yet and has suffered a horrendous injury recorded since he was 20 and had just broken into England under 20 set up.
Just hope none of your kids suffers injuries as he has. Like I keep saying Dean gave him a 4-year contract.
Not sure why we are hating one of our own, Jacob Ramsey is another one taking stick for no apparent reason. Chucky plays one game one fucking game and he's being ridiculed as not good enough.

Yeah. The injuries. Doesn’t give him a free pass. What if he goes on like he has for 4 years for the next 3 years. How much use is that. And the injury thing is an excuse to an extent. He hasn’t played a full game? . He has had plenty of opportunity when not injured to make a case. He hasn’t convinced the manager or coaches that he is worthy of anything more than bit part sub appearances and only started when there was literally no one else during the latter end of 2020 season.

Hate?. Nah. Don’t hate him. Not seen hate from others. Happens a lot on here. You criticise someone constructively , albeit tongue in cheek occasionally, it’s hate. Nope.

Archer has jumped ahead in the pecking order in the space of a few games and deservedly so. Archer is progressing, Davis is at best stagnant and probably regressing given the quality now in around him.

Sorry but with this one I think people like you have dug themselves a hole with rating Davis and cannot accept that it’s just not going to happen with him.

Time to get rid and develop those like Archer who are still young enough.