The Cameron Archer Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Cameron Archer Thread

Coming on in leaps and bounds isn’t he?! What a great hat trick! Have never watched so much footage of our youngsters. We really do seem to have some serious talent in the ranks.

Could really do with getting his signature as soon as , if only to add money if anyone come a calling .

His sudden jump in his whole skill set seems like a light bulb has flicked on in him and all of a sudden he knows he can do this and what could open for him.

Keep getting better young fella

What brilliant finishing. Superb.

The irony of discussing this guys brilliant contribution in the space of a few weeks compared with Keinan and his dreadful showing for 3 plus years.

Seriously everyone we need to move on from this ridiculous thinking that Keinan has a future at a supposedly top end pushing Premier league club.

Don't say it, Don't say it, Don't say it, Don't say it..........

You know if he just had a run of games like Cameron he'd be our #1 by now.....

I jest, I still think Keinan could do a job for teams and therefore in my mind, we could fetch 5MM or 6MM for him. Him and Wesley look done at this club. Loan and sell seems like their futures now.

Why would we let it get to this stage though.

Honestly, until Barrow what had he really showed?

He's going nowhere until the end of the season, he's not even really done enough to get a decent pre-contract abroad in Jan. We may even have a 12 month option on him anyway.

I can completely see DS saying I'll give you a bit more game time but you want a new contract here, make yourself some headlines first and then we'll talk.

Honestly, until Barrow what had he really showed?

He's going nowhere until the end of the season, he's not even really done enough to get a decent pre-contract abroad in Jan. We may even have a 12 month option on him anyway.

I can completely see DS saying I'll give you a bit more game time but you want a new contract here, make yourself some headlines first and then we'll talk.
My point was these academy kids who we are unsure on you should have an extra year on them anyway just in case as it's peanuts and the whole point of this academy investment is finding and nurturing gems without this idiotic risk of losing the uncut gem you may uncover

My point was these academy kids who we are unsure on you should have an extra year on them anyway just in case as it's peanuts and the whole point of this academy investment is finding and nurturing gems without this idiotic risk of losing the uncut gem you may uncover

I think he only signed his professional contract in Summer 2020 and I know there is some sort of rule where they can only be offered a 2 or 3 year deal.

I imagine he's just trying to look after himself. The ruthlessness of clubs means if he did nothing this season he'd have just been let go or maybe would have been offered 2,000. So who's to say he is wrong for looking for a 20,000 maybe even 25,000-30,000 contract while his name is hot.

I think he only signed his professional contract in Summer 2020 and I know there is some sort of rule where they can only be offered a 2 or 3 year deal.

I imagine he's just trying to look after himself. The ruthlessness of clubs means if he did nothing this season he'd have just been let go or maybe would have been offered 2,000. So who's to say he is wrong for looking for a 20,000 maybe even 25,000-30,000 contract while his name is hot.
Can't be worse than Ryan Brewster and he fetched £23m. We need to take a look in the mirror here is he walks on a free

Agree with Mike, as i saw his stats for Solihull Moors and they were not startling and thought that we would loan him out again and he would be released at the end of 21/22. Remember him getting a chance a couple of years ago at Crewe in the League Cup at 17 and thought he must be highly thought of, but didn't seem to kick-on.

No knockback on Cameron, as a lot of players do not mature into top 6 Premier League players, which is where we are at.

Every youngster has a different development point and Cameron seems to have made the jump to being a potential Premier League player.

We need to get him contracted for the next 4 years and if he doesn't make it at our level, then he will have a great career at a lower level and the club receives a reasonable fee for him.

Sadly, not all of the kids will make it at top 6 level, but like other clubs, they have a value at lower premier League or Championship and we need to be gaining reasonable fees for them and a sell-on clause in case they develop later.

Run properly, which the club is now doing, the Academy should not be a strain on the finances of the club, but the youngsters need to see the route through to the first team, which is now becoming apparent.

Agree with Mike, as i saw his stats for Solihull Moors and they were not startling and thought that we would loan him out again and he would be released at the end of 21/22. Remember him getting a chance a couple of years ago at Crewe in the League Cup at 17 and thought he must be highly thought of, but didn't seem to kick-on.

Every youngster has a different development point and Cameron seems to have made the jump to being a potential Premier League player.

The irony of it all is seemingly "better" kids were loaned out and he may not have got his chance because Brad Young isnt around. Now I know next to nothing about Brad but some people were banging on about him before he even went on loan. Cameron was on the tip of nobodys tongue, I'd imagine most thought he would be just another Vassilev, its certainly what I thought.

Can't be worse than Ryan Brewster and he fetched £23m. We need to take a look in the mirror here is he walks on a free
If he leaves on a free and signs for Burton Albion then what? I don't see him leaving at all yet but if he did where would he go? Man City or a league one side.
He'll stay at Villa and Villa will want him to.
We are not unique in having lots of decent kids but you have to be realise not many will become Villa legends like Gary Shaw Brian Little or Sid or even Lee Hendrie
Many will end up in the non-league, some will give up football and some will play league one etc One or two will make the first team like Luke Moore and GG or his blue nose brother but won't be remembered in a few years.

We don't know what will become of Archer but I bet he's going nowhere anytime soon

Don't think we know the background to his last three years or so. Certainly I noticed him some time ago, and his name was being mentioned. From the odd bits I saw of him I thought he had a rare natural talent for putting the ball in the corners of the net, which is why I was excited to see him leading the line at Barrow and wondered what he could show.

Not sure the stats at Solihull Moors mean much. He went for a 3 month loan which they were happy to extend to a full season. I think he played out wide. I wonder if he slipped under the radar at Villa a bit because Smith & Co had an awful lot on their plate with Covid and other things.