Average attendance % | Vital Football

Average attendance %

That was the lowest Lincoln fan LEAGUE attendance
7618 out of 8788 - Rotherham (H)
Since
7491 out of 7567 - Newport Jan 2018

Since getting back in the League (home fans amongst overall attendance) below 8000.
2017/18 League two (First season back) 8 occasions
2018/19 League two (Promotion) 3 occasions
2019/20 League one (Cowleys last and Covid) 3 occasions
2020/21 Covid
2021/22 One occasion

11th is about right for The Imps, in terms of size of club for this level and budget.

Anything higher than that come May, is an over-achievement and should be applauded (despite last seasons 5th place finish)

There were empty seats around us last night (selenity red) and it was supposed to be sold out, clearly covid and it be a school night put people off.
Alan was saying about Saturday being an 'expected' sellout be interesting to see if we do break 10,000, think they've sold 1700.

So allowing for the fact that MK's will be pure fantasy figures, then 10th, in a division with many big clubs is still amazing, we continue to pull in big numbers and have done for some time now. Bottom half of table as well, and included a period where it was reported Lincoln had one of the worse covid rates in the country amongst its young. Still have to pinch myself when I see our attendance stats

Attendances used to get shown on teletext, no longer, just scores and scorers.

Then they did always get shown in bbc match reports. Now loads of those omit attendances too.

Where can all the league (and cup) attendances now reliably be found?

I see the first Rothmans 1970-71 is available for nearly £100. I'm in the process of clearing out the loft at the moment, so I must be careful about what I'm chucking out. The 1975-76 1976-77 seems to be available for £20-25 or less. How can any Imps fan be without that one? Note: A season's statistics are in the next season's book.

Last edited:
When it’s Tuesday/Saturday it’s a tricky and the Saturday will generally prevail, and easier for families obviously to attend. Plus cost, and those unsure regarding COVID etc,

I really hope we can maintain a healthy average especially if we are lurking mid-table. Ultimately by doing so will give us ammunition to move forward once more. There does seem to be a lot of space in the legend lounge areas this year on the eticketing map?

When it’s Tuesday/Saturday it’s a tricky and the Saturday will generally prevail, and easier for families obviously to attend. Plus cost, and those unsure regarding COVID etc,

I really hope we can maintain a healthy average especially if we are lurking mid-table. Ultimately by doing so will give us ammunition to move forward once more. There does seem to be a lot of space in the legend lounge areas this year on the eticketing map?

This is purely anecdotal but of the people I know who use the Legends Lounge, none of them seemed to know Lincoln City existed before 2017.

There’s no doubt our attendances will tail off at some point. The question is how much?