MATCH DAY THREAD : The Mighty Blades v Preston | Page 2 | Vital Football

MATCH DAY THREAD : The Mighty Blades v Preston

oh dear oh dear what a fuckin anti climax that were. olsen scared me to death,looked so nervous. robinson is absolutely shit.
two goals given away again,put us under pressure and we crumble . what a complete fluke saturday was . 4000 going to hull wow great effort. we looked so toothless ,yes i know we scored two but we lookeda mid table hum drum side.preston got about us and as soon as they came at us they looked like they were gonna score. but no losses in 3 and a win saturday will make the week a good one

Robinson couldn’t have set it up better for them if he had wanted to. If their player had won the header he fluffed the bloke who finally crossed the ball would have been offside. Basically we’d have won the game if Robinson hadn’t ‘won’ the ball.

Robinson couldn’t have set it up better for them if he had wanted to. If their player had won the header he fluffed the bloke who finally crossed the ball would have been offside. Basically we’d have won the game if Robinson hadn’t ‘won’ the ball.
THE FOWL wi 30 secs to go an all so un professional by senior players tonight that let us down.thats football im afraid hero one game villian next. ndiaye was way of it tonight. but im sure we,ll be at it saturday. hopefully olsens settled a little more and davies is back. i think rnd is a little poor going forward as well, but hopefully given time he,ll improve

Robinson dire, no height at the back, should have brought McBurnie on near the end. Freeman equals captain slow. Berge and Brewster improved us. We are still a work in progress. 2 points lost.

THE FOWL wi 30 secs to go an all so un professional by senior players tonight that let us down.thats football im afraid hero one game villian next. ndiaye was way of it tonight. but im sure we,ll be at it saturday. hopefully olsens settled a little more and davies is back. i think rnd is a little poor going forward as well, but hopefully given time he,ll improve
Yep, a daft free kick for Billy to give away Twirls, no idea why he did it. If Davies isnt fit Bash MUST play, there's no way he'd let us down even at LCB. I've got a lot of sympathy with Olson, i wouldn't have chucked him in like that, i'd have given him a few days to train with the the players and started him at Hull.

We played some really good stuff at times, with Gibbs-White at the heart of it, but it counts for nowt when we're undone by simple punts from the back or every ball lobbed into our box.

Robinson's a lower league left back playing in the Champ at centre back, he makes mistakes and he'll keep making mistakes. The fault lies with Slav for picking him and the fella who boasted "I'm not embarrassed about paying 400,000 for Jack Robinson".

Still, we do look like a unit which can score goals now, so Bravo to Slav for fixing that.

Left hand side needs serious looking at both Freeman and Robinson hung RND out to dry tonight and he wasn’t up to keeping Johnson in check on his own it did him no favours and he got worse as the game went on, Robinson wants putting in a car with Burke and driving over a cliff (only way we’ll get rid of them) Freeman doesn’t offer anything defensively I’m afraid pity as I wanted him in the side hourihane needs to be in there instead ndiaye needs to knuckle down and get the basics right first before all the fancy stuff but he was a positive overall, I just got the impression there was a battle going on half the team trying to play the new way the other half wanting to go back to the old backwards sideways sideways I dunno if anybody else felt like that,end of day we threw 2 points away cos we can’t defend a hoiked free kick into the box it’s just basic defending and we fucked it up we had enough chances to score Freeman billy fleck all should have hit the target no one to blame but ourselves but at least it’s better than a couple of weeks ago (there you go rod a positive)

Its taking time. It always was going to take time.
Said it before pal we need to be patient could be another month before we see what Slav wants but last night was just getting some angst out of my system last night it was just so annoying how we gifted them 2 goals and 2 points, I never even mentioned the keeper wtf was he doing for their first I’ve watched it back and still haven’t got a clue

It doesnt look as bad on tv as it did behind the goal we're all saying where tf is he goin ? Left him with an open goal 🤷‍♂️

It did look awfully like he hadn't seen the attacker, and was just coming to the edge of his area to collect the ball. Not sure how you miss a big guy in yellow and green, but thats what it looked like to me.

Bully is right the left hand side of the was completely different this game cause of One change Freeman for Osborne especially as PNE played 90% hoof ball. They were helped by a totally useless Ass Ref on Cherry Street side of the ground. I know we are biased as supporters but the only decision he got right in the first half was their goal on offside. Most of the time on throw ins he had to wait for the ref to point. A complete wage stealer. Also Olsen was in No man's land for that goal. Rant over. On the whole it was positive and as they say in social service parlance lessons have been learned and will be acted upon. One we need to be able to cope with Hoof all and rugged play as they will be fairly common in this league

After last night and the way we play out from the back i am convinced that this system does not suit slow players. Even the more technical players like Freeman and McGoldrick. If we are going to beat the press we have to move the ball quicker to feet and get the basics right.
Freeman held the play up so many times last night, allowing them to get back behind the ball and visible frustrating RND.
I lost count of the number of times we lost possesion because a player did not take the easy option pass and tried to thread the ball through the eye of a needle.
We also need to be braver, if you have the option to cross or shoot do it dont pass backwards or sideways.
Berge and Brewster have to start for me next game. Berge in midfield and Brewster left of a front 3. You can see the Slav ideas starting to work but we are not there yet.

Honestly what does Robinson bring to the table??
What the hell does Slav see??
We can never see a game out, by trying to defend our lead
But, will say, Preston were no mugs

Honestly what does Robinson bring to the table??
What the hell does Slav see??
We can never see a game out, by trying to defend our lead
But, will say, Preston were no mugs
Preston are incredible well organised and very good on their limited resources. They are a mid table team who will draw alot of games but very hard to beat.
The game showed us how much we have progressed from the West Brom game but how much further we still need to go. When you think we put £44 million worth of players on as subs second half. The quality is now there but all of the jigsaw pieces are not fitting yet.
PS I liked to right back for Preston who could be one to keep tabs on.

The most frustrating thing for me is that for over a year now post O'Connell's injury, we've been conceding so many goals that have been directly down to us not being able to handle high balls or crosses into the left side of our area be they from free kicks, corners or open play. Teams have been quite obviously targeting this weakness. It's shocking really, almost unbelievable that we've only just recruited decent cover BUT what the last few games have confirmed is that should Davies be out injured, his back up isn't anywhere near up to the job and will cost us points. We're stuck with what we've got till January so Sav needs to either try blooding a youngster or trust in Bash to do a job there. Robinson just isn't up to the job.

The most frustrating thing for me is that for over a year now post O'Connell's injury, we've been conceding so many goals that have been directly down to us not being able to handle high balls or crosses into the left side of our area be they from free kicks, corners or open play. Teams have been quite obviously targeting this weakness. It's shocking really, almost unbelievable that we've only just recruited decent cover BUT what the last few games have confirmed is that should Davies be out injured, his back up isn't anywhere near up to the job and will cost us points. We're stuck with what we've got till January so Sav needs to either try blooding a youngster or trust in Bash to do a job there. Robinson just isn't up to the job.
Lopata or Bash for me. Lopata is a big lad and good in the air something we have really missed. Game management as well from Slav, when we went 2-1 up he should have brought McBurnie on and taken Sharp off. Not for his ability to score goals but for his height to defend set pieces.