• Leave to other PL team

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Leave to non-PL team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stay at Spurs

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There is a reason I do the ratings thread and I've explained it before. It's to establish reality over perception. I started building perceptions on players but couldn't really back it up.
So I tried a more widespread way of assessing our players via other forum members, newspapers, TV and football websites ( some Spurs, some general ).

Harry Kane ratings for the 3 games he's played for us before Palace. I have not included Palace because it was his fourth game in 10 days and I don't think it's fair to judge him based on that.

Forum 6.56
Media 7.06
Combined 6.79

I can include the Palace game in the next 3 game average to keep on top of things if this perception continues. That Forum average of 6.56 was from us remember over 3 games.

I've seen table football players more forward and back more than kane did Saturday.
I don't think pace yourself is a reasonable explanation. You have to give it all unless you're carrying an injury.

Harry is always best when he's a nuisance.

I'm so annoyed city did us dirty.

Don't be annoyed at City. They expressed what they though he was worth and didn't bend. As did Levy.

There were no winners from this pseudo negotiation.

Your frustration should be with Kane and Levy. Getting paid what he does is theft, given his efforts.

I played along side 2 others across the front. We were predominantly an Italian Club, overseen by the Mafia in the mid eighties. I was the only Scotsman among 15 Italians.
Two on the wings and one in the center. We continually changed and rotated our positions as we were all dual footed. Without a decent MF we would bare little fruit. I got paid $70 per game but left nothing on the table and ran my arse off for 90 mins in the Australian heat.

Kane has one foot, no mid field and a poor attitude.

It's start of the season and he is 28. Sorry pacing yourself is a nonsense at this stage.

How many games has Ronaldo played whilst being 8 years older?

Kane isn't some mid table striker. He is approaching 300 career goals.

He isn't leading by example so I'm baffled why people are defending him.

The guy has turned into a 1st class ****.

Nuno clearly doesn't have the balls to drop him either. Another yes man at the helm.

It's start of the season and he is 28. Sorry pacing yourself is a nonsense at this stage.

Nuno clearly doesn't have the balls to drop him either. Another yes man at the helm.

Ronaldo played one game for Portugal out of 3. He played his only game on the Ist of Sept. Kane played in all three for England the last being on the 8th late kick off in Poland and would not arrive back in England until the early hours of the 9th. He then played early kick off on the 11th.

Wish we had sold him. Imo he has been choosing when to play for months now. Mostly playing for his own ends. .yep, which sometimes end up benefiting us as well. The minute any player pulls on the shirt until it's taken of, I expect nothing less than 100%. If they can't it won't do that than go find another club.I
Harry has been brilliant for us but he is in danger of fecking that up and being remembered for the wrong reasons...

Yep, he had an extra week off in the summer and didn't play in a single pre-season game. He messed us around until after the City game and now we're saying the poor little lamb is tired. That is after ambling around in the Poland match as his 9 outfield team mates busted a gut. I bet as England captain he got the nicest seat on the plane as well.

Your last sentence is the biggest problem though. If there is no meritocracy in the squad then there is no chance of success.

I cannot fathom the rancour on here. Harry has not torn around the pitch closing players down for years and no one cared because he does things that no other player in the Prem can do. I thought he had left us but I am delighted that we still have this one off worldie in our eleven.

It's easy to understand why so many criticise him now.

1. He made it very clear he wanted to leave in the summer. Many fans don't react well to this.

2. He has been heavily criticised since the mid way point of last season for not seeming to put that extra bit of effort in. Fans do not like to see that.

3. We have all seen what he is capable of, so when he doesnt reach the levels we know he can he will get more criticism. All of the worlds best are held to a much higher standard because people know their true level.

I personally think Kane has been infected with what I've been calling 'Mourinho Mentality'. He is thinking less about his own actions and more about those around him. i.e - "if I dont score its because the service in to me hasnt been good enough." I am hoping Nuno gets the concepts of teamwork back into his (and a few others) games.

We have a clear division in opinion here. The majority seem to be negative towards him.
Nick, you are right about the "division" but I think its "what is believed to be effort!" that is missing, almost certainly for Sats game he was tired, but what is his excuse for the other games where he seems to be just wandering about?
It seems 50% of fans are in their opinion, right, maybe even bitter, the other half well the exact opposite, personally I believe he should at all costs lead by example on the pitch by putting in 100%.

I am certainly not against him, but as I just said, lead by example HK.

Nick, you are right about the "division" but I think its "what is believed to be effort!" that is missing, almost certainly for Sats game he was tired, but what is his excuse for the other games where he seems to be just wandering about?
It seems 50% of fans are in their opinion, right, maybe even bitter, the other half well the exact opposite, personally I believe he should at all costs lead by example on the pitch by putting in 100%.

I am certainly not against him, but as I just said, lead by example HK.

Were his performances for England any better ?

It's easy to understand why so many criticise him now.

1. He made it very clear he wanted to leave in the summer. Many fans don't react well to this.

2. He has been heavily criticised since the mid way point of last season for not seeming to put that extra bit of effort in. Fans do not like to see that.

3. We have all seen what he is capable of, so when he doesnt reach the levels we know he can he will get more criticism. All of the worlds best are held to a much higher standard because people know their true level.

I personally think Kane has been infected with what I've been calling 'Mourinho Mentality'. He is thinking less about his own actions and more about those around him. i.e - "if I dont score its because the service in to me hasnt been good enough." I am hoping Nuno gets the concepts of teamwork back into his (and a few others) games.

I don't blame him for wanting to leave. Second rate manager, unproven and underwhelming signings, no striker to ease his workload, less money, no trophies.
But I hope he remains professional.
He did say he was happy to stay if the club matched his ambitions. That might be unrealistic but they haven't even matched my ambitions. ...to challenge for top 4 !!

The big problem with Kane is that he has been "one of our own" for a long time. We expect him to act like a true Spurs fan but his 2021 behaviour is more akin to a football mercenary.

Like the pandemic, he can't eradicate this period from his history but he can make it better. We can't make it change. Only he can.

I wouldn't offer him a new contract. There would have to be a correction from him first.

Were his performances for England any better ?
No!

Wasn't due to tiredness either!

Whatever it is, he hasn't recovered from it for over 9 months. He puts in a burst of energy now and again, but his overall team effort is way down.

I am seriously wondering if his 'return' has affected some of the other players, who may well have been regrouping for a life without HK. May be they don't want to help put it on the plate for him any more. The team spirit is fragile and if some choose not to play their role 100% it#s bound to pee others off.

No!

Wasn't due to tiredness either!

Whatever it is, he hasn't recovered from it for over 9 months. He puts in a burst of energy now and again, but his overall team effort is way down.

I am seriously wondering if his 'return' has affected some of the other players, who may well have been regrouping for a life without HK. May be they don't want to help put it on the plate for him any more. The team spirit is fragile and if some choose not to play their role 100% it#s bound to pee others off.

If his performances for England are no better, it's not Spurs specific. It's a wider problem.
Controversially I did have the crazy thought that some players for England were ignoring Kane and going for their own personal glory, but I'm not mentioning any names.

If his performances for England are no better, it's not Spurs specific. It's a wider problem.
Controversially I did have the crazy thought that some players for England were ignoring Kane and going for their own personal glory, but I'm not mentioning any names.

No, it's the same thing. The England players know that they are grafting like crazy to accomodate their captain up front. They know that Southgate could have another flair player in the side if Kane was doing his shift. There is probably resentment forming at both club and country about his free pass with the managers.

It is down to Harry to correct his attitude.

No, it's the same thing. The England players know that they are grafting like crazy to accomodate their captain up front. They know that Southgate could have another flair player in the side if Kane was doing his shift. There is probably resentment forming at both club and country about his free pass with the managers.

It is down to Harry to correct his attitude.

The way I see it, it's Harry's job to score goals and he usually does and has the record to prove it. However some England players need many attempts just to score one goal. No names mentioned.