Welcome Aaron Danks as 1st team coach | Page 2 | Vital Football

Welcome Aaron Danks as 1st team coach

Bloody hell talk about bullshit baffles brains, he must confuse the hell out of young footballers.
So basically he's only ever coached kids until the Anderlecht Job which he's had a couple of months?
It will be a learning curve for him as well as the players then. He's certainly got all the talk

Yes, we've been throwing it down the line for the big fella to flick on as long as I can remember. That is what you teach 10 year olds no PL players . Who to be honest should know how to trow a ball in

One of the things I like about it is you get an entirely different perspective on football. IMO those little niches and differences give you an edge as they see the game so different from most people.

If you listen to the interview instead of traipsing out “he’s only ever managed kids” then you’ll hear how experienced and knowledgeable he is.
It certainly helps but doesn’t matter massively whether or not he’s coached or played at a top level before (look at Mourinho and Wenger) - it’s about what he brings with him.

If you look at the work he’s witnessed with different teams in different countries in different sports across the world, then you’ll see why he’s a good fit for us.

And if he’s been headhunted by us as well as Vincent Kompany and the FA then even better

One of the things I like about it is you get an entirely different perspective on football. IMO those little niches and differences give you an edge as they see the game so different from most people.
Oh yes providing you are dealing with intelligent players, who understand the talk, Intelligence and footballers don't really go together. It's totally different to roll wor socks up git ya boots on man and git oot there

If you listen to the interview instead of traipsing out “he’s only ever managed kids” then you’ll hear how experienced and knowledgeable he is.
It certainly helps but doesn’t matter massively whether or not he’s coached or played at a top level before (look at Mourinho and Wenger) - it’s about what he brings with him.

If you look at the work he’s witnessed with different teams in different countries in different sports across the world, then you’ll see why he’s a good fit for us.

And if he’s been headhunted by us as well as Vincent Kompany and the FA then even better
he's still only coached kids until he got to Belgium, am I right, I'm stating a fact not knocking him. JT had never coached anyone, Dean had never coached in the PL just facts!
I've only ever coached kids I know how hard it is trust me dealing with moaning parents is no fun. I don't know if I could coach adults as I doubt I'd have the patience for idiots

I'm glad he's got his own thread, as I'd forget his name............

Anyway, welcome......... what's his name again?............. ah yes, Aaron Danks.

Never heard of him until today.

At least it won't cost much to pay him off when Smith goes.

And Doris has been promoted to the Astringent Beverage Coach. Her first interaction in this area was to tell the YTS kid to "place 3 capsules of astringent beverage concentrate into the large aluminium vessel and add water at precisely 100 degrees Celcius and agitate it vigorously "
The kid looked on bemused until the instructions were simplified to "chuck 3 tea bags in the pot, pour on the water and give it a bloody good stir"

Anyway, welcome to the mad house Aaron - let's see what you can bring to the party 🤣👍