The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 320 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m with those that would have liked a dominant midfielder. The right one wasn’t available at the right price so we go with the midfield we have. My great hope is that this gives an opportunity for our young up and comers to step up and make an impression. Hopefully they can establish a culture of progression through the ranks to first team regulars. I hope this carries us through this season with no need for emergency transfers in January. Then hopefully next summer we can push on again with players who can take us to a higher level.

I think if we make those signings late in the window there would (correctly) be noises of panic buys. It would be worse.
Panic buys, really? We've strengthened in three places we absolutely needed to - up front, out wide and creation through the middle - plus in Young we've excellent cover for both full back positions and decent cover for a couple other positions at a push.

What about them says panic?

Strange one really did HE leave after he saw the plans or did HIM leaving force us to buy .

I really thought we were going to keep HIM and add the 3 we have, which would see us possibly challenge the top 6 but as it is we are one of the 12 who could be sucked into the dogfight if we can include Arsenal Wolves and Leeds in that I'm sad to say you have to include us.

It really is flip a coin and hope isn't it, we can all summon up the bravado ie we are too good to go down with these players but are we really just relying on 3 teams being worse.

His mind was already made up for me and I cant believe the club didnt think Jack was a good chance to leave this Summer. He was looking to move the previous year but none of the Champions League teams came in with a bid.

His mind was already made up for me and I cant believe the club didnt think Jack was a good chance to leave this Summer. He was looking to move the previous year but none of the Champions League teams came in with a bid.

Who knows ? We are a well run club nowadays , and using him for the launch of the new shirt tells me that the club were expecting him to stay. No way would they have done that if they knew he was going.

I'd be very surprised if we are in a dogfight this season. I'd also have no problem with us consolidating for this year, ending up between 9th -14th. My only problem with this outcome is next transfer window. When Emi1, Ollie, Konsa etc all get offers from Sky 6 clubs, we will have no leverage. A finish equal or lower than last season puts us in massive danger of losing this season's top dogs. Especially as they had no affinity to the club to begin with.

Who knows ? We are a well run club nowadays , and using him for the launch of the new shirt tells me that the club were expecting him to stay. No way would they have done that if they knew he was going.

Maybe the club thought they could talk him into staying and if the rumours of us offering a higher salary than Man City are true, then they certainly tried their best. He was always consistent in talking about playing in the champions league though and in all honesty we are miles off that at the moment.
Just think it would be foolish of them not to think there was a high probability he would move on. And I don't think the people running our club are fools

Spot on mate. It was a shock to Purslow and Dean Smith, pretty sure we'd got Buendia and Young in by then.
I will always blame Southgate for not picking him for England, virtually forcing him to take the City role where he is now starting ahead of Sterling for pep

Spot on mate. It was a shock to Purslow and Dean Smith, pretty sure we'd got Buendia and Young in by then.
I will always blame Southgate for not picking him for England, virtually forcing him to take the City role where he is now starting ahead of Sterling for pep

Yes . If you asked me to guess , then I would say it all changed during the Euro's.

So long as we aren't in the relegation dog fight, next summers transfer window could be very interesting. In the black money wise this window, and next summers budget, mean we could buy a couple of 50m + quality players to strengthen midfield, tie up the players we want to keep on long contracts with huge release clauses if the player insists on them (Watkins, Emi M). A lot of foreign clubs struggling financially could mean we get some opportunities to bring in chumps league level players, they can't all sign for the big 6. Sorry big 5 and Arsenal :tongue:

Yes . If you asked me to guess , then I would say it all changed during the Euro's.

I think the only doubt was whether City would meet the release clause.
He'd have gone to any of the big boys that met that figure.
I think they were deluding themselves to think otherwise

As for being well run I'm seriously wondering on that now - we've got two who've told the club to fo when told not to report for Internationals (the statement about we agreed after the fact is bs frankly), injured players available for Internationals but not us and an uninspring transfer window.
In our postion I think it takes very little for any momentum we might have had to go completely the otherway and us being back amongst the relegation fodder.
Ho hum at least there's the Papa Johns to look forward to

I'd be very surprised if we are in a dogfight this season. I'd also have no problem with us consolidating for this year, ending up between 9th -14th. My only problem with this outcome is next transfer window. When Emi1, Ollie, Konsa etc all get offers from Sky 6 clubs, we will have no leverage. A finish equal or lower than last season puts us in massive danger of losing this season's top dogs. Especially as they had no affinity to the club to begin with.

Players don't get offers. Clubs get offers. Snake2 went but it took a record bid to do that. Likewise with our owners I can see us demanding high bids for any of our top players, especially as we now have a favourable FFP position. Can't see those bids coming in.

I think we're still on the up, very much so, even if this year is a bit uncertain. This is a good club to be at.

I was annoyed yesterday that we didn't sign a CDM.

But thinking about it, Doug, Sanson and Mcginn (10), for me would be a very good midfield. If, of course, Smith plays that formation.

If Sanson and Doug play together as the two deeper midfielders, then we've got some serious passing and creative talent.

Plus, who needs a CDM, when Buendia, Watkins, Ings, Bailey, Traore, Chuk, Ramsey, AEG and JPB are pinning you back all game.....

Players don't get offers. Clubs get offers. Snake2 went but it took a record bid to do that. Likewise with our owners I can see us demanding high bids for any of our top players, especially as we now have a favourable FFP position. Can't see those bids coming in.

I think we're still on the up, very much so, even if this year is a bit uncertain. This is a good club to be at.
In fairness mate what players do, we have that attract interest from clubs bigger than Aston Villa I don't see any clubs with top 4 or CL ambitions looking at our players, I know Watkins has been muted but is he really going to crack one of the top 4 clubs. Mings is our only England player at the mo, would a Shitty or United Liverpool Chelsea really give him a second glance. Ings they have all had a chance of him, Liverpool ditched him.
I think we overvalue the rest of our side they are in the main £15m to 30m players and going down with every year their contract does. Most had half a decent season last year, they need to do it again and again to up their valuation outside of our own biased valuations.
I try and take off the Claret and Blue tinted specs when analysing our club as seen from the view of other clubs

I was annoyed yesterday that we didn't sign a CDM.

But thinking about it, Doug, Sanson and Mcginn (10), for me would be a very good midfield. If, of course, Smith plays that formation.

If Sanson and Doug play together as the two deeper midfielders, then we've got some serious passing and creative talent.

Plus, who needs a CDM, when Buendia, Watkins, Ings, Bailey, Traore, Chuk, Ramsey, AEG and JPB are pinning you back all game.....
Playing with one at the back then mate :throw:

I think Grealish's mind was made up well over a year ago and there was nothing we could do, short of signing Messi, Mbappe, Haaland etc to stop it.

I don't think we have the resources (at least willingness to pay) and pull to bring in top class players at all. Grealish on the other hand wants to play with the elite first and foremost and then be at a club which helps boost his delusions of being a celebrity. That's how I see it anyway.
His mind was made up or why would he have the release clause put in the contract. His England and CL ambitions were what turned his head and listening to his mates talking about it made him want out. He knew that NSWE would not sell with 4 years left on his contract without a clause, so he engineered a new contract to get the clause put in. I wouldn't mind betting that his agent had already sounded out Abu Dhabi FC about them paying £100m this time last year. His mystery injury and downing tools to prevent an injury to scupper the deal would have been part of the plan. Duplicitous tosser

In fairness mate what players do, we have that attract interest from clubs bigger than Aston Villa I don't see any clubs with top 4 or CL ambitions looking at our players, I know Watkins has been muted but is he really going to crack one of the top 4 clubs. Mings is our only England player at the mo, would a Shitty or United Liverpool Chelsea really give him a second glance. Ings they have all had a chance of him, Liverpool ditched him.
I think we overvalue the rest of our side they are in the main £15m to 30m players and going down with every year their contract does. Most had half a decent season last year, they need to do it again and again to up their valuation outside of our own biased valuations.
I try and take off the Claret and Blue tinted specs when analysing our club as seen from the view of other clubs
I disagree there. The following players if they are consistent in their form would be of interest to Eruopean sides - Martinez, Konsa, Targett, Mings, Watkins.

Don't forget we had potentially the meanest defence in the league last year. If we had better attacking players we'd have conceded less.

I could easily see Manure having a panic and getting Mings in. Konsa won't be ignored forever either. Would you rather have Konsa or White?

Status
Not open for further replies.