Chairmans Chat... | Vital Football

Chairmans Chat...

Maybe PS is grieving after the Whitney concert being cancelled?

I was looking forward to this week's chat. There were a raft of potential explosive issues for Scally to opine on - an update on the incident at Wimbledon, a potential pop at Charlton for them tenuously triggering the international call-ups card to postpone our match when they're in stinking form, a response to Evans' pop re budget/the squad and a possible pop back at us going out of the League Cup where we would have drawn Leeds at home as a result, and finally an update on Whitney-gate....

I think he’s hoping to have better news to share after the transfer window closes. I suspect there’ll be a a transfer or two both ways.

The trouble with these regular weekly meetings is that they become too frequent. No new news available and just a platform for negative discussion.

Same happened with the daily covid thingy and the weekly US presidential press meeting (no president attending).

Cancel it.

The trouble with these regular weekly meetings is that they become too frequent. No new news available and just a platform for negative discussion.

Same happened with the daily covid thingy and the weekly US presidential press meeting (no president attending).

Cancel it.

Whilst I agree that you don't need to commit to them every week, I'd have argued this was the perfect week for one. Lots of things to discuss and the perfect chance for PS to give his side of events given all the negative press swirling around. By cancelling it I can't help but feel he's allowing things to escalate, more so if we don't get any new players through the door and get turned over Saturday.

GFC -

“Please be aware that the latest edition of "Chairman's Chat" has been postponed due to travel and work commitments.

We will bring you this interview as soon as possible”.

That sounds as though it’s just delayed. No?
I read it as if there will be one in the next day or 2. Maybe after the Shrews game? I think one of the earlier ones didn’t get aired until after a weekend. Or did I imagine that?

He filmed one on sat morning at Plymouth so you could be right.

Of all the weeks this was the one we needed him to address the squad situation.

Maybe he is waiting till the 31st ?
If he is chasing or selling players , I could understand him being busy.

A few more days patience is required.

Would have been tough for Scally to be positive on the chat after the poor cup exit on Tuesday, the cancellation of the much hyped Witney night, and postponement of the Charlton game. As well as his manager having more digs about the budget and lack of resources available to spend. Hopefully we will get a good result at Shrewsbury and then he can focus on that with his next interview.

All the more reason why it was needed Lark. Scally should address the issues raised by Evans. We are all realistic about who we are and we know we can't compete with the big boys in league one on budget. Just tell us it straight and then we can deal with it.

These "chats" are no good if they are only going to be a positive spin on things like the food and bev or the next big night out down the factory. They should all be secondary to the football team.

Hopefully as OSK suggests it may just be delayed and we will get it over the weekend

All the more reason why it was needed Lark. Scally should address the issues raised by Evans. We are all realistic about who we are and we know we can't compete with the big boys in league one on budget. Just tell us it straight and then we can deal with it.

These "chats" are no good if they are only going to be a positive spin on things like the food and bev or the next big night out down the factory. They should all be secondary to the football team.

Hopefully as OSK suggests it may just be delayed and we will get it over the weekend

I do hope it is just delayed. I think he just needs a rallying call along the lines of “yes, we are going through a tough time, but we’ll get through it together with SE and the fans. We are desperately trying to get some player deals done, stay tuned”. That type of thing.

Not sure it would go down well if he told us straight about who we are, and that we can’t compete with the big boys. Didn’t JED (RIP) cop all sorts of flack for saying exactly that and that we were punching above our weight?

Gills fans not renowned for simply “dealing with the truth” 😉

As I've posted earlier , a few more days patience is needed. I've a feeling Kyle is off , and we will announce new players once that deal is wrapped up.

As I've posted earlier , a few more days patience is needed. I've a feeling Kyle is off , and we will announce new players once that deal is wrapped up.[/QUOTE

I'd be OK with that. We have loads of midfielders. If we sold Kyle and funded some attacking options I'd be OK with that.

Little chance of him extending his contract so better to sell now than see him go for nothing next summer.

As I've posted earlier , a few more days patience is needed. I've a feeling Kyle is off , and we will announce new players once that deal is wrapped up.
I had a look at the Charlton forum and one of their posters had Kyle Dempsey in as one of their scorers in his prediction against Crewe today.
😂
Optimistic ?

That's true OSK but with the manager publicly stating he may walk scally has to address that. Not tell us about the latest food and bev option he has been working on.

Without the boost of the Charlton gate it will be interesting to see what the next few home attendances are.

I'd like to hear him talk about the initiatives to try to attract bigger crowds as well

That's true OSK but with the manager publicly stating he may walk scally has to address that. Not tell us about the latest food and bev option he has been working on.

Without the boost of the Charlton gate it will be interesting to see what the next few home attendances are.

I'd like to hear him talk about the initiatives to try to attract bigger crowds as well

Fully agree there 👍

A good chance to show his leadership and he decided not to do a video.

Last week he promised to address the "wimbledongate" situation.

A total let-down.