Europe In Out Shake it all about | Page 341 | Vital Football

Europe In Out Shake it all about

My point to that re house prices is it depends on the age of the grandparents, parents when they pass. It's not the most pleasant to inherit and get a house cos someone has died. Youngsters prefer to save up and not inherit through death

Also what about those who don't have that net to do it.

The price of housing is through the roof. Housing became a commodity and not a stable roof and security for pension age.

I think it was you who made the comment about over 50's not being given a choice on Brexit cos of their age in a scenario as to what could have happened

My point on that is the younger generation are left with the decision made. The 16 plus didn't get a say. Only 18 plus.

We won't be around as long and the majority of young people voted remain

There is no perfect solution. I expect the young people will take us back in one day and I hope I'm around to see it.

I do take on board your point about certain countries who don't have the same human rights etc and it being expanded to Bulgaria and so on

The only reason the vote was called was not over what the E.U wouldn't move on. It was called because of the E.U refused to allow the U.K a veto on the new law about offshore tax havens so our wealthy couldn't crash the economy when they moved their money offshore like they did in the bankers crash.
Agree about young people wanting to save a get a house under their own steam. Never suggested that they wait for an inheritance.
The comment re inheritance was made to dan as part of a response to his comment about people of a certain age having net weath.
If when death does occur children or grandchildren inherit , then surely that is a bonus for them. Never known anyone refuse it. For the record, I have never recieved a penny in inheritance, the state having taken virtually all of it to pay for Moms care.
The price of housing is a scandal. A collapse in house prices would be a good thing for people in general, unless you are using your house to fund other things.
If the price of my house dropped 50%, as long as all other properties dropped 50% its relative.
Re the youngsters voting, only 64% bothered to get of their arses and vote, so you could say they got what they deserved.
In a tight vote it could have made all the difference if they could have been bothered.
RE the vote Cameron stuck it in the Tory manifesto to try to buy off anti EU back benchers in the party and was subsequently held to it.
As I have said before rich folk will always find a way to move and shield their wealth, because it is they that make the rules for themselves, or control those that do make the rules.
They also employ the worlds best accountants.
I dont think the youngsters will take us back in because I dont think it will exist in its present form for any great lenght of time, unless it actually starts to listen to the peoples of Europe and currently they are not.

Vodafone has become the second UK mobile company to reintroduce roaming charges for users travelling in Europe.
From January, new and upgrading customers will be charged at least £1 a day to use their mobile phone in EU destinations, on several tariffs.
It follows similar plans from rival EE, announced in June.
Initially, all operators said they would not reintroduce a roaming charge after Brexit, despite having the option to.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-58146039

What a surprise, never saw that happening in the name of profit.

Vodafone has become the second UK mobile company to reintroduce roaming charges for users travelling in Europe.
From January, new and upgrading customers will be charged at least £1 a day to use their mobile phone in EU destinations, on several tariffs.
It follows similar plans from rival EE, announced in June.
Initially, all operators said they would not reintroduce a roaming charge after Brexit, despite having the option to.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-58146039

What a surprise, never saw that happening in the name of profit.

So it wasn't project fear then... ahem!

I'm waiting on 02 bringing it back in. They shouldn't though. Apart from the recent Virgin parenting agreement, Telefonica are based in Spain which is in the E.U

Also many that are not.

I am genuinely interested to hear what you see are the positives from leaving the E.U and the things that haven't happened that were supposed too?

I haven't heard of any positives at all. I'm not look for a row. I just want to know what it is you see we don't

I am genuinely interested to hear what you see are the positives from leaving the E.U and the things that haven't happened that were supposed too?

I haven't heard of any positives at all. I'm not look for a row. I just want to know what it is you see we don't

We signed a trade deal with Japan which will boost the economy by 0.07%….

We are now in charge of our borders… (except we can’t actually send migrants who cross over from Calais back over to the EU).

We also stuck two fingers up at Scotland who wanted to remain, so that’s a win too.

Morning kk. I know you dont look for a row, you just have strongly held opinions, nothing wrong with that.
I didnt actually say that they were positives, I just responded to a comment about project fear. ( from Fear)
There were lies from both parties in the build up to the vote, but there were some ridiculous statements from remain that simply have not come about.
There were claims that the City of London financial hub would collapse overnight, with a massive exodus of foreign bankers and companies.
Nothing could be further from the truth, it has prospered and easily retains its place as second only to New York.
It was claimed the car factories would leave the UK in droves.
Not happened, we have had massive new investement from foreign owned car manufaturers.
We were promised an immediate huge recession, it hasnt happened, in fact it was France and Germany that went into recession.
However, I think its fair to say that Covid has muddied the waters hugely.
I dont think its possible to truely evaluate rights and wrongs at this point in time because Covid has thrown a massive spanner in the works for the world economy and has posed problems not seen since the last war.
Its still a time will tell scenario.

Really is a time will tell for it all now, and even in time, which should tell (and I would have been fascinated to see) we now won't really know because COVID has caused such massive, worldwide, financial (without even looking at the human/life aspects) destruction.

I still don't see the upside, I see chaos!

In the long run, I see a situation where GDP is runs a little behind where it could’ve been each year, and when you multiply that by the size of the economy it is a huge number.

Until we get out of the tit for tat, bargaining negotiation phase we are in with the EU and take it to a more commercial and strategic level, we’ll just drift by the rest of the world in terms of growth.

And that’s before we pull out pants down with the US in terms of a deal, and all the other things they leverage off the back of it. I was reading the other day about a director of a business who is wanted by the US for extradition for an overpriced business bought by HP. I don’t know the ins and outs of it, but the US have more power over us for our citizens it seems post-terrorism than we might think. Where do we draw the line with the US when chasing a trade deal?

BREXIT WOES: The food supply crisis which has seen Nando’s outlets across Britain closed up could see more restaurants shut in the weeks ahead, industry bosses have warned. Sector chiefs told The Independent Brexit was to blame for the nation’s supply chain woes – as the industry struggles to cope with production workers returning home to the EU and a drastic lack of lorry drivers able to come to the UK

BREXIT WOES: The food supply crisis which has seen Nando’s outlets across Britain closed up could see more restaurants shut in the weeks ahead, industry bosses have warned. Sector chiefs told The Independent Brexit was to blame for the nation’s supply chain woes – as the industry struggles to cope with production workers returning home to the EU and a drastic lack of lorry drivers able to come to the UK
Not picking a fight here JF, but last week I saw an interview with the owner of a large southern based food and drinks chain and he said it was when covid struck that he lost all his work force. he said they had been perfectly happy to continue to work, but very worried at what they saw as a much increased chance of catching it in the UK.
It was at that point they left in droves and have found employment in their native countries.

Not picking a fight here JF, but last week I saw an interview with the owner of a large southern based food and drinks chain and he said it was when covid struck that he lost all his work force. he said they had been perfectly happy to continue to work, but very worried at what they saw as a much increased chance of catching it in the UK.
It was at that point they left in droves and have found employment in their native countries.

Yes, said a few times in the thread, (apart from for obvious reasons) wish there was no covid to cloud the success/failure of Brexit. Of course, Covid has to be a factor here as well, totally agree.

I do think there is an issue with pickers, factory workers and lorry drivers where we relied on labour from abroad, but I guess time will tell if these roles can be filled by our own.

I do think there is an issue with pickers, factory workers and lorry drivers where we relied on labour from abroad, but I guess time will tell if these roles can be filled by our own.
I am guessing that things will change here, and it will not be entirely our own that fill the jobs. I think that exemptions will have to be found in areas such as the above.

I am guessing that things will change here, and it will not be entirely our own that fill the jobs. I think that exemptions will have to be found in areas such as the above.

It cracks me up that we’ll import migrants from another part of the world, and the cycle of who Brits don’t like will go onto the next lot. Perhaps the Europeans we disliked so much might be the ones we liked the most!

It cracks me up that we’ll import migrants from another part of the world, and the cycle of who Brits don’t like will go onto the next lot. Perhaps the Europeans we disliked so much might be the ones we liked the most!
Yes, a solution will have to be found, because we have a hard core of work shy in this country that will not do any sort of job that involves any form of hardwork.

The driver shortage is very bad across food, I know Sainsburys are struggling with a lack of drivers. Having used and worked with plenty of polish tradesmen over the years, I reckon half of them were coming over for 2 weeks to get some cash and then going back home to their families for a week, and repeating the cycle - given they could barely speak English they couldn’t have been living here properly. That ability to work across the continent has gone, and we’ll back to fighting over the good British builders with plenty of cowboys able to come in at the bottom.