Where Will We Finish Season 21/22 | Page 6 | Vital Football

Where Will We Finish Season 21/22

We go into the new season with our strongest squad for many seasons. So where will we finish.

• Champions

• 2nd - 4th

• 5th - 8th

• 9th - 12th

• Below 12th

• Relegated

Results are only viewable after voting.
We'll definitely be better without Jack.

The question is, how long until it clicks and becomes fluid given our reliance on him previously?

Yes. Which is why getting above 8th is a hugely optimistic at this stage. 8th - 10th would be decent given this summers turn of events.

Fair play to those who are so utterly convinced that everything will be ok. The absolute truth is that is no one whether fans or coaches know how this will go. Impossible to say with certainty. As 57 says we have lost an irreplaceable player and the player that everything was built around . It won’t be a case of clicking the fingers and everything will be ok. If only football was that simple and easy. Yes long term I can see that hopefully the over reliance on one player is bad and this is an opportunity but I don’t think that change will happen overnight and it’s job on to get through this quickly.

There is a reason why Abu Dhabi paid 100 million. There is a reason why the whole country was calling for Generic Jack to play at the euros. There is a reason why so many villa fans have bestowed so much praise on him and titled him the best they have seen. It is a huge blow and set back and one we will get over in time but we are weaker at the very least in the short term . If the 3 players in Ings, Buendia and Bailey are the replacements for Generic as Purslow said they are then one third is tested at this level , one third is untested and the last third got relegated last time he played in the premier league.

We need to make a couple more quality signings.
Grealish got relegated from the prem. Hardly much of an analysis. Buendia arrives with good credentials.

Had our form continued through to the 2nd half of the season, we could nof easily reached 8th place or so, and that was with a poorer squad.
With a better squad depth and balance (which we now have), we can continue beating Arsenal home and away. We beat Chelsea and Spurs towards the end of the season. We put 7 past Liverpool.

I don't see how we wouldn't, at the worst case scenario finish in the same position. I think we'll improve again.
Yep and we've lost a 100m footballer, you're overlooking that fact and the fact when he didn't play we were down to a point a game average, and adding 3 players who may or maybe not be better than whoever they replace will struggle to get us back to a 1.5 point average . We have to pray that Bailey and Buendia score more goals than Bert and Anwar and that will take some doing.

There are a fair few ifs there

Yep and we've lost a 100m footballer, you're overlooking that fact and the fact when he didn't play we were down to a point a game average, and adding 3 players who may or maybe not be better than whoever they replace will struggle to get us back to a 1.5 point average . We have to pray that Bailey and Buendia score more goals than Bert and Anwar and that will take some doing.

There are a fair few ifs there

We also get a clearer indication of how Covid and the run of fixtures hit us as well when we get to the second half of the year this time.

We'll definitely be better without Jack.

The question is, how long until it clicks and becomes fluid given our reliance on him previously?

We'd be better with him and the 3 new players but without him, we won't be simple as that mate.
We haven't just lost Benteke and snake, we've lost far more than that losing snake2

We also get a clearer indication of how Covid and the run of fixtures hit us as well when we get to the second half of the year this time.
Covid hit everyone and everything mate, losing Jack ost us more than anything and I'm afraid that is a fact.

Buendia was 2nd behind KDB for chances created last time in PL. Chav Snake was 3rd. Buendia has improved massively since. Last season in Championship was a breakout season as a player
Why didn't city sign Buendia instead then, if he was that good could have saved 70m . Truth is no other club though he was worth 30m.
He may be a decent player but..... he ain't carrying the rest of the team

What Happened when we lost Bentke and snake.

Like I said it could go either way , none of us know do we
We're considerably better off team wise than when Benteke and snake left. Ings is a phenomenal signing. Does so much work off the ball unlike Tammy who we were linked to

6th. We will finish 6th. I think a lot of teams knew that if they shut Jack down, they more or less shut Villa down...there were a few games last season where this happened..and anyway...Jack has lost every game he's played for Man City...world class my ar*e :wagging: Without him we will be an unknown force. The players signed look very promising indeed. Excited. Just to confirm..we will finish 6th.

Really good point that I think, we have lost our one dimensional 'shut down Jack, shut down the team' and will be a far more unknown quantity again.

We, I think, will be more much balanced and just as attacking.

Buendia will be great for us as well, wouldn't surprise me to see him have better stats than that lad that left, forgotten his name.

We'd be better with him and the 3 new players but without him, we won't be simple as that mate.
We haven't just lost Benteke and snake, we've lost far more than that losing snake2

snake2 is a bit trash, especially as Delph's story has been explained numerous times.

And unless you think Purslow is lying, the fee was set at a level we thought no one would pay ergo Jack agreed with that level and knew a move would be unlikely anyway.

It will be as simple as that, people complicate football. Of course we'd be better with all 5, but the new 4 will bring enough - Buendia matched or beat Jack's contribution in the last few seasons alone.

People underrate him as he came from Norwich and not our Academy.

And as for Covid, it didn't hit everyone and everything. The other clubs it hit still weren't as tightly packed in the fixture list as we were from memory. Irrespective of that Burnley was the start and even when we played well, we didn't capitalise.

We were then permanently two players down with Barkley and Bertie.

Why didn't city sign Buendia instead then, if he was that good could have saved 70m . Truth is no other club though he was worth 30m.
He may be a decent player but..... he ain't carrying the rest of the team

And lost them another homegrown place.

We're considerably better off team wise than when Benteke and snake left. Ings is a phenomenal signing. Does so much work off the ball unlike Tammy who we were linked to

No one is disputing that. What is in dispute here is the absolute certainty from some that we will automatically just roll on skipping and jump into the season. We may. We may not . The point is that it is absolutely impossible to say with certainty and the 5th to 8th is pretty fantasy if you ask me. People write off the usual suspects every year and it never happens . Dangerous game that.

No club at our current level, progression level and position is better off immediately after losing a player like Generic.

I'd rather we finish out of the Europa League places this year, but with a good cup run. Hopefully give Bidace and Chukwuameka opportunity in the the 2 cups.
Qualifying for Europe will help us attract better quality players. Also if you can win it, you’re in the champions league

We were then permanently two players down with Barkley and Bertie.
Digs against Bertie are nonsense. Scored against the top teams. 7 goals and 7 assists in 2300 minutes with no pre season because Ligue 1 suspended and carrying an injury end of season that required surgery. When a Barkley was out of the team and Bertie played we won 7 drew 2 lost 2. He's unfairly maligned