Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news | Page 95 | Vital Football

Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news

Just looking at free centre halves who could be decent shouts and I just noticed one that i've previously not seen. Terell Thomas who we had when Cook first arrived but he was still a young lad and rarely featured due to us having Burn, Dunkley and Bruce in front of him.

He went to Wimbledon and did really well for them winning player of the season the year before last.

I remember thinking he was pretty good in his limited appearances for us, big, strong, fast and looked composed. But he needed to go and play games as he was never going to get a chance at that time. (A bit like Josh Laurent - looked a really good young player but at the time he had Power, Evans, Morsy etc in front of him so he was always going to struggle to get a chance but went on to excel elsewhere).

Championship clubs like Hull and Barnsley have apparently been watching him plus Sunderland and Chalrton in L1. Still only 25 and free, i think he'd be a pretty shrewd pick up.

I thought the same when I saw Terell was available.
But I thought he'd been signed up elsewhere.

Jason Kerr just put St Johnstone one nil up away at Galatasaray. Somehow I doubt he’ll be lining up at the DW next Saturday.

Jason Kerr just put St Johnstone one nil up away at Galatasaray. Somehow I doubt he’ll be lining up at the DW next Saturday.

Regardless of tonight's result he wouldn't be here next week. Win or lose over 2 legs to Galatasary - St Johnstone still have another qualification round to get into either the Europa League or Conference.

He almost certainly won't be allowed out until those games and done which will be the last few days of the window. A few clubs want some of St Johnstones players and I imagine everyone has been told they will have to wait as the potential Europa prize money will dwarf the fees they would expect by cashing in on Kerr, Rooney and McCart.

The fact that we haven't yet signed another central defender points to the fact we are purposely waiting to sign someone specific or maybe two. My own guesses are we are waiting on either Kipre Kerr or Tilt

Talal had his pen out yesterday indicating
An incoming
I would guess its a cb
But don't think it's the lad from Morecambe think he is off to Blackpool
But let's wait and see later

The fact that we haven't yet signed another central defender points to the fact we are purposely waiting to sign someone specific or maybe two. My own guesses are we are waiting on either Kipre Kerr or Tilt

Agreed, it does seem like we are waiting. We are probably in transfer chains and need the likes of Sunderland, Rotherham etc to get in replacements before they let our targets leave.

We play Rotherham and Sunderland in the first 2 games so getting those out of the way will probably make it easier to negotiate too.

A couple of people on twitter mentioned we are rumoured to be interested in 17 year old central midfielder Harvey Griffiths from Man City.

Not seen where the rumour has came from and couldn't find much about him.

A couple of people on twitter mentioned we are rumoured to be interested in 17 year old central midfielder Harvey Griffiths from Man City.

Not seen where the rumour has came from and couldn't find much about him.
Wouldn't be sending a good message to our young central midfielders,i.e. McHugh, Smith to sign on loan a player of similar age KDZ. 🤔

Wouldn't be sending a good message to our young central midfielders,i.e. McHugh, Smith to sign on loan a player of similar age KDZ. 🤔

It might not be true, but if there is any truth in it you'd think he must be coming in with a view to being potentially as good if not better than what we have. A big ask for a 17 year old, but maybe he's a real wonder kid.

Kipre starts for West Brom tonight.

Kipre starts for West Brom tonight.

Clarke is injured but he's in ahead of Ajayi so he must have impressed the new manager in preseason. Fair play to him, he's had to wait for a long time for this chance.

Think it's safe to say any possibility of getting him back have reduced massively.

Clarke is injured but he's in ahead of Ajayi so he must have impressed the new manager in preseason. Fair play to him, he's had to wait for a long time for this chance.

Think it's safe to say any possibility of getting him back have reduced massively.

I don’t think Kipre coming back was ever on the cards to begin with. A defender who impressed enough with us in the championship to get a move to a top flight club?
I know he barely got any game time but even if WBA wanted rid or to send out on loan, there were gonna be far more attractive suitors than a Lge1 club fresh out of administration looking to get back on its feet again

I don’t think Kipre coming back was ever on the cards to begin with. A defender who impressed enough with us in the championship to get a move to a top flight club?
I know he barely got any game time but even if WBA wanted rid or to send out on loan, there were gonna be far more attractive suitors than a Lge1 club fresh out of administration looking to get back on its feet again

No one in L1 seemed interested last January though and he ended up going to Belgium and didn't do much so.

In football teams have very short memories, like when Mowatt was ripping up trees for Leeds and attracting Prem interest and rumours of huge fees. Then about 12 months later he was sold to Barnsley who were heading to L1 on the cheap.

Source Sunderland Jerno John Swift

Some interesting news coming out of the Stadium of Light tonight..

Sheffield Wednesday's Chey Dunkley is set to make a move to the Black Cats.

In order to replace Bailey Wright, who is set to move to rival league one side, Wigan Athletic, imminently.

#wafc #safc #swfc