Good Morning Thread | Page 345 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Bit of a weird one from me. It seems to be mosquito season and I've had a few bites myself with the usual result. But since vaccination my wife has suffered quite a serious reaction to the bites.
A huge red wheel develops around the bite wherever it may be. One on her thigh had a diameter of around 10 inches. One on her arm right now is about 6 inches and quite raised causing her discomfort. She had Pfiezer jabs whereas I had Astra.
She has never had reactions like this before. The swellings go down eventually after about 5 days.
It could be coincidence and be nothing to do with the vaccine but her body seems to be reacting more aggressively to the bites than previous years.

Must be very uncomfortable for her NRD. Keep applying the mossy repellent to your wife well before going outdoors mate. :cautious:

Bit wet here today.

That sounds pretty nasty for your wife Nick, get her off to the doctor.

Hod, try and stay positive, things will get better for you and your wife

Pompey, your mutt sounds as if he's become quite attached to his blue plastic bone

Finally relented yesterday and, as it was pretty sunny, decided to cut the hedge (triffid), took just over 3 hours, it would have been longer if I hadn't cut through the lead and fused all the appliances in the kitchen, had to try to explain it away to the wife, don't think she was too impressed as it's the third time I've done, plus twice with the lawn mower.

One of the downside on doing the weekly grocery shop online, my wife ordered (or so she thought) 13 individual apples, so it was a bit of a shock when the delivery man delivered 13 bags of them, we now have a total of about 80 apples to get through.

Stay safe, you're all a great bunch

Bit wet here today.

Pompey, your mutt sounds as if he's become quite attached to his blue plastic bone

Finally relented yesterday and, as it was pretty sunny, decided to cut the hedge (triffid), took just over 3 hours, it would have been longer if I hadn't cut through the lead and fused all the appliances in the kitchen, had to try to explain it away to the wife, don't think she was too impressed as it's the third time I've done, plus twice with the lawn mower.

One of the downside on doing the weekly grocery shop online, my wife ordered (or so she thought) 13 individual apples, so it was a bit of a shock when the delivery man delivered 13 bags of them, we now have a total of about 80 apples to get through.

Haha lijaboc....there were 80 green apples sitting on the wall/shelf.
Get eating that man, look out for belly probs lol!
Mind there is always Apple/pie/crumble/jam, but better still make your own Cider.

Bit wet here today.

Greavsie great post, very bloody true, you really have got your hat on man!

Bit of a weird one from me. It seems to be mosquito season and I've had a few bites myself with the usual result. But since vaccination my wife has suffered quite a serious reaction to the bites.
A huge red wheel develops around the bite wherever it may be. One on her thigh had a diameter of around 10 inches. One on her arm right now is about 6 inches and quite raised causing her discomfort. She had Pfiezer jabs whereas I had Astra.
She has never had reactions like this before. The swellings go down eventually after about 5 days.
It could be coincidence and be nothing to do with the vaccine but her body seems to be reacting more aggressively to the bites than previous years.

Extremely unlikely (if not near impossible) to have any interaction with the antibodies produced post-vaccine. What has happened this year is there are a lot more of them everywhere;

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/nottingham-news/expert-reveals-more-mosquitoes-summer-3072006

There is an odd thing about mosquito bites if you react badly (I never have, but my daughter does) NOT being bitten for a good while will mean you will react more than ever and as mosquitoes have been heavily declining here over the last 5 years, it's likely she sits in that group who will now react unless regularly bitten.

Just get some hydrocortisone cream and some anti-histamine and they've go down pretty quickly - but no matter what, do NOT scratch!

Well, this damn Delta strain, brought in by overseas travelers after quarantine, is causing havoc in SE Queensland. We now have young children and teachers testing positive. Lockdown will not be for just 3 days as announced by the local Govt. That was just to get us used to the idea. Extended to Sunday at 4pm (8days) however that is also bull shit. We'll be in lockdown for a hell of a lot longer than that.

So, Mrs Hod, has a business that employs 15 sub contractor dance teachers, and 5 employees, as dance teachers. This term, which has just started was going to be our record term in regards to revenue and profit. It was going to be massive!

The business teaches dance in approx 50 schools as part of the curriculum, plus some after school care classes and studio classes. Well schools will not be opening up any time soon, and although she has spent 16 hours a day since lockdown developing Zoom classes to try and minimize the impact, and keep delivering a service, she now has the unenviable task of standing down some employees and sub contractors. Our business stands to lose over $250,000 over the next 7 weeks, which is a big hit for us. We had a new car all lined up for Mrs Hod, but that will need to go on ice for a while.

Ah well, tough times ahead. Poor Mrs Hod, she's not sleeping a wink, Up at 3.30am and working through 'til 10pm, then lying awake worrying.

The owner of the company I work for, will not allow us to work from home. We are an essential service, but have been instructed by the authorities to work from home if we can. And we can, but being a control freak, he won't allow it. I could make a stand on behalf of the employees, but I can't be bothered as him and I share an office, whilst our new building is being built, so that would be uncomfortable. I feel I'm compromising my principles and letting down my staff. I guess if my health was better, I stand up for us. Either way, I'm disappointed in myself.

I have my own theories about lockdowns, but they'll seem biased, based on their impact to small business.

28C today but overcast and chance of rain. Miserable winters day.

Stay safe everyone and take care of each other.

Was it too late to get business interruption insurance Hod?

I hate to say it but Australia's attempts to have a zero covid country have always looked a target too far to me, and I simply don't understand what looks like a slow vaccine take up?

Keep your chin up, you'll get through it.

A rainy Afternoon to you all, miserable but reasonably warm.

Had 2 shocks between yesterday evening and lunch time today.

Shock 1....I told you all the other day about the death of an oppo of ours, well some details/info have come out from his Missus and Daughter, proving you just do not know what goes on behind closed doors, Mrs PY and myself were/are shocked at the revelations, will not go into details but you will all get my drift.

Shock 2....Up the EVille having a brew and coffee with a couple of oppo's we noticed/spotted one of our other oppo's coming along with his missus, on getting to us he completely ignored us, his missus let him walk on and explained it was a test by her bringing him out, cos he had spent a month in the QA with Covid, has been out about 5 months now.

Regards us lot, he never recconised us, doesn't remember us, which is so sad cos a couple of the lads served in the same Regiment as him, apparently he is the same with his 3 grown up kids, all got families of their own, and treating em like strangers!

She went further to say, you all remember ? before the Covid, fit, jack the lad, always up for a laugh, well he came out and is a completely different person, like its all been washed away, it's as if he has developed Dimentia, I cannot express in words how we all felt but did offer her any help in anyway she wanted it, we all said almost in unison we never leave a man behind.

Sorry if it is boring peops, but other than Mrs PY, she is ill enough on its own, I have nobody else to drip to, so thank you all for reading and putting up with me.

Now am wondering what the fcuk is next!

Have a great rest off day, keep safe, keep smiling and keep up any good work you all do.

Nick, how's that backyard frog spawning pond you built?

Preventing mosquito bites

As with other allergies, prevention is the best approach. Mosquitoes require standing or stagnant water to breed. If possible, avoid standing water especially at dusk and dawn when mosquitoes are most active.
Eliminate standing water around the home by:
  • unclogging rain gutters
  • emptying children’s pools
  • cleaning birdbaths
  • emptying unused containers such as flower pots
Other ways to prevent mosquito bites include:
  • wearing protective, light-colored clothing such as long-sleeved shirts, long pants, socks, and a wide-brimmed hat
  • repairing holes in window or door screens
  • using citronella-scented candles in outdoor areas or campsites
It’s also important to apply insect repellents containing the active ingredient DEET. The AAAAI recommends using products that have between 6 and 25 percent DEET. These provide up to six hours of protection. Follow directions carefully and reapply after swimming or sweating. Since repellents can also cause adverse skin reactions, test the product on a small area of your arm and wait 24 hours to make sure it’s safe to use on your entire body.
Shop for:
Methods to avoid
Don’t use any of the following home remedies to help prevent mosquito bites, as there’s no evidence that they’re effective:
  • thiamine
  • garlic
  • vitamin B supplements
  • vanilla extract
  • scented perfumes

Shock 1....I told you all the other day about the death of an oppo of ours, well some details/info have come out from his Missus and Daughter, proving you just do not know what goes on behind closed doors, Mrs PY and myself were/are shocked at the revelations, will not go into details but you will all get my drift.

Shock 2....Up the EVille having a brew and coffee with a couple of oppo's we noticed/spotted one of our other oppo's coming along with his missus, on getting to us he completely ignored us, his missus let him walk on and explained it was a test by her bringing him out, cos he had spent a month in the QA with Covid, has been out about 5 months now.

Regards us lot, he never recconised us, doesn't remember us, which is so sad cos a couple of the lads served in the same Regiment as him, apparently he is the same with his 3 grown up kids, all got families of their own, and treating em like strangers!

She went further to say, you all remember ? before the Covid, fit, jack the lad, always up for a laugh, well he came out and is a completely different person, like its all been washed away, it's as if he has developed Dimentia, I cannot express in words how we all felt but did offer her any help in anyway she wanted it, we all said almost in unison we never leave a man behind.

Sorry if it is boring peops, but other than Mrs PY, she is ill enough on its own, I have nobody else to drip to, so thank you all for reading and putting up with me.

Have a great rest off day, keep safe, keep smiling and keep up any good work you all do.

I'm afraid to say it again, but post covid is a bitch; I can easily see why it affects someone's personality as the brain fog/lack of trust in or inability to recall accurately is hugely frustrating., if not downright depressing!

Nick, how's that backyard frog spawning pond you built?

Preventing mosquito bites

As with other allergies, prevention is the best approach. Mosquitoes require standing or stagnant water to breed. If possible, avoid standing water especially at dusk and dawn when mosquitoes are most active.
Eliminate standing water around the home by:
  • unclogging rain gutters
  • emptying children’s pools
  • cleaning birdbaths
  • emptying unused containers such as flower pots
Other ways to prevent mosquito bites include:
  • wearing protective, light-colored clothing such as long-sleeved shirts, long pants, socks, and a wide-brimmed hat
  • repairing holes in window or door screens
  • using citronella-scented candles in outdoor areas or campsites
It’s also important to apply insect repellents containing the active ingredient DEET. The AAAAI recommends using products that have between 6 and 25 percent DEET. These provide up to six hours of protection. Follow directions carefully and reapply after swimming or sweating. Since repellents can also cause adverse skin reactions, test the product on a small area of your arm and wait 24 hours to make sure it’s safe to use on your entire body.
Shop for:
Methods to avoid
Don’t use any of the following home remedies to help prevent mosquito bites, as there’s no evidence that they’re effective:
  • thiamine
  • garlic
  • vitamin B supplements
  • vanilla extract
  • scented perfumes

Last year I prevented mozzie larvae by seiving them all out of the ponds but not so much this year as we had a newt to keep fed. My wife's reaction to the bites is different this year for sure.

No I don't get the drift !!

I'm afraid to say it again, but post covid is a bitch; I can easily see why it affects someone's personality as the brain fog/lack of trust in or inability to recall accurately is hugely frustrating., if not downright depressing!
Thanks for that Ex, but understanding this thing call Covid, is ok reading about it, stats, media, other peops suffering, but jesus wept you understand it even more if one of your kin or oppo's suffer with it, it really comes like a fcuking forearm smash in the mush.

My understanding of yourself and others who have suffered is tearful and praying, even though I only know of you as fellow Spurs fans and oppo's to the end.
Keep battling mate and all you others.

Lastly had a thankyou call from my oppo's missus from this morning, for us all understanding, she said you lot are bunch of no nonsense "hard bastards" but you all have hearts of gold, I replied remember we are only a phone call away or having a brew up the EVille., lol!

No I don't get the drift !!
What can I say Nick, note I/we, Mrs Py and myself, were shocked at what info/story we got about the poor departed oppo, it was his attitude behind closed doors to wards his missus, the daughter backing it up, even though both said they did love him.

Just to add, simply, "she is not a dogs body anymore" her words and there was a lot more coming from others about him, now do you get the drift, for fcuks sake.

What can I say Nick, note I/we, Mrs Py and myself, were shocked at what info/story we got about the poor departed oppo, it was his attitude behind closed doors to wards his missus, the daughter backing it up, even though both said they did love him.

Just to add, simply, "she is not a dogs body anymore" her words and there was a lot more coming from others about him, now do you get the drift, for fcuks sake.

Didn't you have another mate that was leading a double life and turned out to be a git. ? Makes me wonder about your choice of buddies.