Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news | Page 94 | Vital Football

Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news

No, I like Arthur so I wouldn't ignore him but I did miss his thread saying the same thing.

Actually Moonay I'd say this was the better thread for KDZ's post at it speculated as to the potential squad gaps and likely candidates that could fill them. The other thread that I created was for the "done deals" as I was losing track a while ago when we were signing players seemingly every other day.

Another Talal pen on twitter, wonder who the next one is?
I reckon its a defender
He says ships are safer in port but that is not what they are built for ,well to me thats where they are best defended
Maybe a defender who likes to go forward ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Aren't rangers Jones boyhood team? It would be a strange thing for him to do. Especially being Northern Irish.

He was born and bread in Middlesbrough and his Dad was Northern Irish and a Rangers supporter apparently. So it doesn't sound like he'd be in the McClean camp when it comes to the politics of wearing the poppy.

I've tried to find info on this and i've found no mention of it - if this had happened at Rangers its would have been a massive deal due to the connotations and there would surely be loads of articles about it.

I think Gav might be accidentally getting Jones mixed up with another player.

He also hasn't got his "Daddy" on twitter writing B******t about him and sticking his nose in all the time.

Definitely! I'm not sure if Dean was saying things publicly that Josh didn't want putting out there or if Josh was giving him the nod to say the things he couldn't say directly without getting in trouble with the club. But on the pitch Josh Windass worked quite hard, performed pretty decent overall and didn't directly ever say anything negative about the club during his spell - i suspect if his Dad never said anything Josh would've been held in a higher regard.

It's being rumored we are in for Sam Lavelle from Morecambe

An un-named club is in for Lavelle but so far it seems like it's just fans speculating it could be us rather than a solid rumour. It's a reasonable guess so you never know they could be right.

It's being rumored we are in for Sam Lavelle from Morecambe
I've literally just had a conversation with a Morecambe supporting colleague who said he wouldn't be surprised if we were the club after Lavelle. Personally don't know much about him but my colleague reckons he's decent.

I've literally just had a conversation with a Morecambe supporting colleague who said he wouldn't be surprised if we were the club after Lavelle. Personally don't know much about him but my colleague reckons he's decent.
I might be wrong but did one of richardsons new assistant manager come from morecambe ?

Maybe with Carragher, Leam has seen his potential as a first team squad player and has assured him of his plans…….maybe Jamie thinks he’ll get more game time with us, possibly in the first team, than at Everton and so decided to stay.

Maybe with Carragher, Leam has seen his potential as a first team squad player and has assured him of his plans…….maybe Jamie thinks he’ll get more game time with us, possibly in the first team, than at Everton and so decided to stay.

Carragher said:
“Being the (U18) captain last year was a huge honour, especially with the success that we had - we had a brilliant group last season. A lot of us are continuing into the next age group, so hopefully we can continue to progress together now as we step up.”

I interpreted that as the expectation, certainly initially, is that he'll be an U23 player.

Definitely! I'm not sure if Dean was saying things publicly that Josh didn't want putting out there or if Josh was giving him the nod to say the things he couldn't say directly without getting in trouble with the club. But on the pitch Josh Windass worked quite hard, performed pretty decent overall and didn't directly ever say anything negative about the club during his spell - i suspect if his Dad never said anything Josh would've been held in a higher regard.

TBH I think there is a decent player in there but he is trying to live up to his fathers expectations.

I thought that once Nick Powell had gone that Windass would have had his time to shine but it didn't materialise and when his father got involved I think most people saw him in a different light and he lost a lot of respect.

There was also the fact that he didn't seem to want to be here as witnessed by his continual twitter comments.

I personally think that Jones is a different case, he has obviously had a couple of problems in the past, which has tarnished his reputation, but he has produced the goods, whereas Windass has always been a nearly man.

Hopefully we have acquired a tricky winger who can set the stadium alight with his direct running and possibly provide the ammo for Wyke to get himself on the scoresheet and his season off and running.

Just looking at free centre halves who could be decent shouts and I just noticed one that i've previously not seen. Terell Thomas who we had when Cook first arrived but he was still a young lad and rarely featured due to us having Burn, Dunkley and Bruce in front of him.

He went to Wimbledon and did really well for them winning player of the season the year before last.

I remember thinking he was pretty good in his limited appearances for us, big, strong, fast and looked composed. But he needed to go and play games as he was never going to get a chance at that time. (A bit like Josh Laurent - looked a really good young player but at the time he had Power, Evans, Morsy etc in front of him so he was always going to struggle to get a chance but went on to excel elsewhere).

Championship clubs like Hull and Barnsley have apparently been watching him plus Sunderland and Chalrton in L1. Still only 25 and free, i think he'd be a pretty shrewd pick up.

It seemed like from James Carraghers interview with the club he was looking forward to stepping up to the u23's next season. Definitely low down the pecking order if we sign another two CB's.

TBH I think there is a decent player in there but he is trying to live up to his fathers expectations.

I thought that once Nick Powell had gone that Windass would have had his time to shine but it didn't materialise and when his father got involved I think most people saw him in a different light and he lost a lot of respect.

There was also the fact that he didn't seem to want to be here as witnessed by his continual twitter comments.

I personally think that Jones is a different case, he has obviously had a couple of problems in the past, which has tarnished his reputation, but he has produced the goods, whereas Windass has always been a nearly man.

Hopefully we have acquired a tricky winger who can set the stadium alight with his direct running and possibly provide the ammo for Wyke to get himself on the scoresheet and his season off and running.

I noticed on the odd time he was interviewed by rangers fan podcasts or youtube pages he seemed to undermine us quite frequently.