Olympics 20 something | Vital Football

Olympics 20 something

paz1967

Vital Football Legend
Not actually sure these should be going ahead, I understand the blahh blahh athletes might only get one chance in a career, but much of that is about the olympic 'experience' and this I think has the potential to be anything but an olympic experience if beeps start going off every ten mins and then they all eventually come home with some new variants..

Nevertheless, I will try and stay in the spirit of things, in the sense of uniting the world,..and then do everything we can to get more medals as a nation than another and show how much better we are. haha

Not sure if many of you watching it, i like the track and cycling stuff overall but who knows, I might find interest watching 13 year olds skateboard this year?

In the cycling, we may end those competetions with our best 2 ever Olympians with something like 7 and 8 golds if their events go well for the Kenny couple.

Oh, a lot of the events are probabaly going to be in the middle of the night, so I actually get to watch in peace.. But I wont give any spoilers if I can help it incase folks are keeping up with the highlights etc

skateboarding was ok actually, they just got on with it so quick that it kept me watching, must have been like 50 tricks inside 30 mins or so a round. Cant make head nor tail of the judges marking tho.

Cycling was tough, ended up the top grand tour riders battling it out, Carapaz showing again why team sky/ Inios selected him ahead of Thomas a year or two back.

Ozzies look fit. not sure if they have less covid disruption than some countries but i reckon they will do well in the swimming anc cycling type events

Been enjoying the trap shooting this morning. i never really watched it before. Its insane how quick those guys are.
One of the women managed to get San Marino's first ever Olympic medal in this event too.

I've watched all of the Olympics since they started on TV but have got highly selective to the point that these days i only see the Basketball and luckily the Aussies have a good side, most of them playing in the USA. The UK doesn't seem to figure.
And the Oz games have all been on so far just after 6.00 PM over here which suits me.

Paz if you get the chance indulge yourself, it's v Germany.

I've watched all of the Olympics since they started on TV but have got highly selective to the point that these days i only see the Basketball and luckily the Aussies have a good side, most of them playing in the USA. The UK doesn't seem to figure.
And the Oz games have all been on so far just after 6.00 PM over here which suits me.

Paz if you get the chance indulge yourself, it's v Germany.

Enjoy watching most of the sports. Do wish the BBC had more distinct programmes though. One minute you're watching live action gymnastics, next minute you're watching the hockey highlights for the fifth time, or the fifth viewing of the mixed triathlon (the one thing I did actually stay up to watch). Like the cycling, athletics, boxing even the taekwando , gymnastics etc. Emily Campbell from Nottm won a weightlifting silver today. Quite a few Nottm connections to the Hockey teams too.

Enjoy watching most of the sports. Do wish the BBC had more distinct programmes though. One minute you're watching live action gymnastics, next minute you're watching the hockey highlights for the fifth time, or the fifth viewing of the mixed triathlon (the one thing I did actually stay up to watch). Like the cycling, athletics, boxing even the taekwando , gymnastics etc. Emily Campbell from Nottm won a weightlifting silver today. Quite a few Nottm connections to the Hockey teams too.

Good to see you're getting something out of it LK. We're more in keeping with the Jap hours than you and it enables us to see quite a lot of events live. Makes a difference. My wife watches quite a lot of stuff which doesn't interest me so I do my watching on the computer, but it's limited mainly to the team sports and a bit of swimming and field events. Oz is doing well in some things, perhaps our weather helps. We play Argentina today in the quarter finals of the basketball, my favorite sport and I've watched several games, they are so fast it makes me sweat just watching.
We have had good years with the hockey, unfortunately this is not one of them!

Good to see you're getting something out of it LK. We're more in keeping with the Jap hours than you and it enables us to see quite a lot of events live. Makes a difference. My wife watches quite a lot of stuff which doesn't interest me so I do my watching on the computer, but it's limited mainly to the team sports and a bit of swimming and field events. Oz is doing well in some things, perhaps our weather helps. We play Argentina today in the quarter finals of the basketball, my favorite sport and I've watched several games, they are so fast it makes me sweat just watching.
We have had good years with the hockey, unfortunately this is not one of them!

Even with an 8 hour time difference , there's still an awful lot of live coverage of things during the day. Not bothered me, but the biggest moan over here seems to be that Discovery have paid £940 million for the Olympic rights, and the BBC only has a sub-contract, meaning they are limited to showing only two live sports at a time. Some people are moaning that some of our medal winning performances aren't actually shown live, as the BBC has to choose which two sports they show, but most of the main things are on live, and unless you are family of the medal winners or follow the schedule, it's often hard to see what isn't live.

My biggest moan is that they show everything numerous times, mixed in with the live coverage.

Live cycling this morning, which we seem pretty good at, though looks like the rest of the world is catching us up (overtaken us?).

well, i enjoyed what I saw but the coverage was the worst I have ever knowm They even switched events several times during finals and didnt actually get back to the live final. Then seemed to repeat the same things for hrs straight every day.

Some great cycling and swimming results. track and field tho, od dear, I think possibly our worst ever games ?