The Politics Thread | Page 317 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

Labour has attacked the Conservatives over reports it ran an "elite" club for its biggest party donors, giving them direct access to the PM and chancellor.
Newspaper reports claimed financial backers would pay £250,000 to the party to become members of the so-called secret "advisory group".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-58055642

200w.gif

Labour has attacked the Conservatives over reports it ran an "elite" club for its biggest party donors, giving them direct access to the PM and chancellor.
Newspaper reports claimed financial backers would pay £250,000 to the party to become members of the so-called secret "advisory group".

200w.gif

The Tories said government policy was "in no way influenced" by donations.

Well that’s me convinced, nothing to see here. Move on please

200w.gif

Can't we club together and get a seat on that? We could influence many things then. Banning of dungarees for example.

Hmmm

The president of the UK's upcoming climate change conference is under fire for travelling to more than 30 countries in seven months.
Several places visited by Alok Sharma were on the Covid red list - but he used an exemption for ministers to avoid quarantine on his return.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-58112621

Tory **** is a ****.
Hardly even news any more.
:arrghh:

He really is a cockwomble.

Boris Johnson has declined to apologise amid a backlash over his remarks about coal mine closures under former premier Margaret Thatcher.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-58117044

I live near one of those communities and the damage done will never be repaired. The people were simply thrown under a bus by the Tories with no remorse or a proper plan to regenerate the areas. The fact they were Labour strongholds probably had more to do with it than anything else.

He really is a cockwomble.

Boris Johnson has declined to apologise amid a backlash over his remarks about coal mine closures under former premier Margaret Thatcher.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-58117044
Its not just his lack of any apology Mike, its the fact that he went up there and just blurted this out.
The bloke shows a complete lack of any forethought with some of the stuff that he spouts.
A proper statesman like PM would have avoided that remark, given the sensitivites of Thatcher up north.
Those voters are his target market come next election, and if, and it is a massive if, the Labour Party can resurect itself by then, it just hands them a big stick to beat him with.
If they didnt have their massive majority they would have booted this clown out by now.

Its not just his lack of any apology Mike, its the fact that he went up there and just blurted this out.
The bloke shows a complete lack of any forethought with some of the stuff that he spouts.
A proper statesman like PM would have avoided that remark, given the sensitivites of Thatcher up north.
Those voters are his target market come next election, and if, and it is a massive if, the Labour Party can resurect itself by then, it just hands them a big stick to beat him with.
If they didnt have their massive majority they would have booted this clown out by now.

I know mate. Some have quoted him saying 'I knew that would get you going' just after he did it, so it was deliberate to rile people. It's as if he was told he couldn't say fuck Scotland, so came up with that instead thinking he was clever.

I know mate. Some have quoted him saying 'I knew that would get you going' just after he did it, so it was deliberate to rile people. It's as if he was told he couldn't say fuck Scotland, so came up with that instead thinking he was clever.
Agree Mike, even if he thinks it, he is a politician and he is in it for the votes, everyones votes.
It doesnt matter what he thinks about ordinary people, we are his bread and butter.
Not enough well heeled folk about to get him in No10 for any lenght of time, so he has to appeal to ordinary voters, but the way the government are going about things gives an impression of croniyism, incompetence and an arrogance not seen in government in a long time.

Agree Mike, even if he thinks it, he is a politician and he is in it for the votes, everyones votes.
It doesnt matter what he thinks about ordinary people, we are his bread and butter.
Not enough well heeled folk about to get him in No10 for any lenght of time, so he has to appeal to ordinary voters, but the way the government are going about things gives an impression of croniyism, incompetence and an arrogance not seen in government in a long time.

The last PM I liked was Cameron as despite his many failures I at least thought he was a cut above on being genuine before is internal Brexit bollocks which was about no one but the Tory party and him trying to quell his dissenters (along with Farage/UKIP).

Prior to that it was actually Bliar. I knew he wasn't genuine and didn't care but I saw what some of the policies did in my area and how it helped even though it was blatant in your face vote for me bribary.

I thought Brown (far more genuine than Bliar would ever be) would be better but he just seemed to shrink once he got the chance.

I have known no one more more untrustworthy, least worthy, least competent than Bojo and putting Corbyn/Brexit aside. I don't understand how anyone could vote for the womble.

The last PM I liked was Cameron as despite his many failures I at least thought he was a cut above on being genuine before is internal Brexit bollocks which was about no one but the Tory party and him trying to quell his dissenters (along with Farage/UKIP).

Prior to that it was actually Bliar. I knew he wasn't genuine and didn't care but I saw what some of the policies did in my area and how it helped even though it was blatant in your face vote for me bribary.

I thought Brown (far more genuine than Bliar would ever be) would be better but he just seemed to shrink once he got the chance.

I have known no one more more untrustworthy, least worthy, least competent than Bojo and putting Corbyn/Brexit aside. I don't understand how anyone could vote for the womble.
I think the above is why Macron and Merkle dont like him.
They just dont know what they are dealing with, he is a total loose cannon in terms of political hierachy.
He isnt what they are used to at a high level of politics.
You couldnt have any certainty that any discussions between leaders wouldnt end up on the front page of the Sun next morning if it suited him. I cant believe that the Tories dont have at least one person they could put in place instead of this idiot.

They just dont know what they are dealing with, he is a total loose cannon in terms of political hierachy.
He isnt what they are used to with at a high level of politics.
You couldnt have any certainty that any discussions between leaders wouldnt end up on the front page of the Sun next morning if it suited him. I cant believe that the Tories dont have at least one person thay could put in place instead of this idiot.

Agree, in their position with all the NI bollocks - Bojo thought they'd implement it differently from the agreement he made with them? Wouldn't trust him as far as you could kick the fat bastard.

I guess a lot of Bozo fans like him for the fact he is a loose cannon and would argue the sky isn’t blue if those two said it was. Purely because their EU leaders and we’re anti-EU all of a sudden.

Given most Tory voters currently would never vote Labour as they haven’t changed enough yet to make it safe for property rich Tory voters not to feel threatened, his position is safe until the backbenchers have enough.

That said, if the Tory half of my family are anything to go by who are more traditional Tory voters, they are defecting to protest Lib Dem votes.

Last edited:
Will the Tories and golden boy Rishi do the right thing? No they won't.

NHS waiting lists could top 15 million in four years without major rise in capacity

Overspend of at least £5bn likely, says Nuffield Trust – but cabinet is deeply split over size of future funding settlement

The waiting list for NHS care in England could rise to 15 million people in the next four years without a significant increase in its current capacity, ministers are warned, amid a cabinet clash over the service’s future funding.

With senior figures inside the health service warning there is currently “a chasm” between the NHS and the Treasury over the financial settlement now needed, exclusive analysis seen by the Observer shows that NHS trusts in England are on course to spend almost £5bn more next financial year than was anticipated when Theresa May set the service’s funding levels in 2018.

https://www.theguardian.com/society...-in-four-years-without-major-rise-in-capacity

Given most Tory voters currently would never vote Labour as they haven’t changed enough yet to make it safe for property rich Tory voters not to feel threatened, his position is safe until the backbenchers have enough.
Morning dan.
Correct. Only this week Momentum were in the press insisting that their land tax replace council tax, and banging on about people who had a big garden should pay more tax.
They frighten the life out of ordinary voters and Starmer has to find some way of silencing this lot, because if he doesnt they will do for him before he even gets a chance to go to the country in an election.
Boris is still a complete twat whatever measure you use to evaluate him.

The Government has dismissed criticism of Dominic Raab for allegedly avoiding quarantine rules.
Government ministers are exempt from quarantine on account of conducting essential state business for the UK outside of the country. The exemptions cover both red list and non-red list countries.
https://www.heraldscotland.com/poli...acted-within-rules-france-visit---government/

And the complete cockwomble didn't even have the brains to head this off by then being photographed wearing a mask for appearance sakes on his return when meeting other people.

200w.gif