Managerial merry go round | Page 26 | Vital Football

Managerial merry go round

It's just a consideration and I sincerely hope I am not speaking out of turn but Michael's health may be a factor here.

It's possible that the last thing Michael or his family need right now is the disruption and stress of a change of job to a different part of the country. Whilst it is none of my business and I may be completely wrong, perhaps it could be beneficial to his recovery for Michael to remain in established, familiar, secure and supportive surroundings.

Maybe there is no such thing in football but I would say that Lincoln, the board, fans and everybody connected with the club are united, and are the nearest thing to that in professional football at the moment.

I'm sure Michael and his family will do what is best for them.

Our local news reporting that John Terry has left the assistant manager job at Aston Villa. My guess is he'll end up at Swansea

Yeah on the BBC site, cant stand the bloke, one the most overrated players to have played in the Premier League IMHO.

Terry is going to want to be his own man at some point, although I am not sure I would go to Swansea to do it - they have had seven managers in the last six seasons.

Yeah on the BBC site, cant stand the bloke, one the most overrated players to have played in the Premier League IMHO.
I’m not over keen on him as a bloke either but, surely his playing record speaks for itself, over 500 premiership games, nearly 80 for England and captain of Chelsea, Villa and England to boot, suggests that people more knowledgeable than you are I can’t all be wrong!

Swansea are starting to feel like WBA with their managerial search. Cooper stayed on for two weeks, at their request, after letting them know of his intention to resign to ensure the players got a structured pre-season.

If Russell Martin joins Swansea as looks really likely now, that's seriously going to throw into doubt MK's chances of mounting a play off push this season, which in other circumstances I think they probably would.

Always a silver lining.

Would you really choose him over MA . Or is it our foresight in the compensation clause / they know MA is unlikely to move

Would you really choose him over MA . Or is it our foresight in the compensation clause / they know MA is unlikely to move

MA has baggage which we all know about which gives fans (and some owners) a false impression.

As it is, I think Russell Martin proved to be a very good manager, developing good players and playing in a very progressive way. The focus on possession football ought to suit Swansea very well given what their fans were used to up to the past couple of years

I think it's a leftfield appointment if he gets the job. He may prove to be a decent manager in future but what has he achieved so far? Two bottom-half finishes in League One (in just short of two seasons) despite a substantial budget and earning an unfortunate reputation for a less than competent passing game. It has been a revolving door there too, with a huge turnover of players every transfer window. I can see nothing so far to suggest he is the man to take Swansea back to the Premier League, but what do I know? I wish him luck because I like him.

Sadly, he was subjected to much abuse from his own fans during the game at Bournemouth today after a poorly timed tweet from Pete O'Rourke apparently confirmed his appointment. He went straight down the tunnel at full time.